Tour de France Stage 11 *Spoiler*

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,184
    Am I the only one who keeps getting confused between Kessiakoff and Kiserlovski?
  • calvjones wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    calvjones wrote:
    Whatever happend to John Lee Augustin?

Is that a genuine question (never know on here)? If so, he's on an indefinite break from racing for health reasons following a hip resurfacing operation last year that apparently couldn't cope with the strains of pro cycling.

Yes was a genuine question - I wasn't suggesting he was still in the scree.

Shame. Good rider.
    :lol:
  • Pross
    Rodgers still going, not hard, looks like they trying to save porte for last climb, someone should at least try to attack sky to use up their riders.

Nibs will go on the descent, if he's got the legs it's a far better tactic today than it was yesterday.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    calvjones wrote:

Like something from Greek mythology, the gods had condemned him to forever scramble up the scree only to slide back down again.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Pross wrote:
    Am I the only one who keeps getting confused between Kessiakoff and Kiserlovski?

Was just posting the same thing. Until today, I didn't realise they were two different riders!
    exercise.png
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    RichN95 wrote:
    calvjones wrote:

Like something from Greek mythology, the gods had condemned him to forever scramble up the scree only to slide back down again.

:mrgreen:

Strava is not Zen.
  • Pross
    calvjones wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    calvjones wrote:
    Whatever happend to John Lee Augustin?

Is that a genuine question (never know on here)? If so, he's on an indefinite break from racing for health reasons following a hip resurfacing operation last year that apparently couldn't cope with the strains of pro cycling.

Shame. Good rider.

I wondered if it was some veiled insinuation about his variation in climbing form over a few seasons, this place is making me paranoid that every comment is about doping :lol:
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    not is he ends up in a bush lol
    not sure he wouldnot blow with porte and froome riding him down but hope he tries, still not hard looking at how easy porte went back for drinks
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,403
    The descent looks really, really twisty - it that good for an escape?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Sky eventually need to pay the bill for all this work. Look at what happened to Liquigas in the Giro. If you do this kind of thing day after day, eventually you weaken a bit
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Pross
    So much for UKPS. Vino, Roche and others all getting back - pretty sure if Evans had attacked USPS like that they would have kept an impossible pace to the finish.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:
    Sky eventually need to pay the bill for all this work. Look at what happened to Liquigas in the Giro. If you do this kind of thing day after day, eventually you weaken a bit

It'll be too late then.

Can't see Wiggins dropping 4 minutes in the circle of death. S'not even an uphill finish.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Pross wrote:
    Not to mention Kreuziger and Kashechkin - they should sign Kirienka and Kern!
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    TheStone wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Was just posting the same thing. Until today, I didn't realise they were two different riders!

Its like Phil and Paul doing 'the many personas of Michael Morkov'
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    The descent looks really, really twisty - it that good for an escape?

I'm nervous for the riders on this. It's horrible.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Teddy Westside
    Teddy Westside Posts: 221
    edited July 2012
    So, Phil and Paul can't see why Kessiakoff was disallowed the summit win? I can - he clearly used his elbow to prevent Rolland getting over the line first. In his defence, he probably did so to prevent running into the officials standing on the line but rules are rules.

Edit: And now the judges reverse their decision!

Focus Cayo Expert (road)
    Giant ATX 970 (full susp)
    Trek Alpha 4300 (hardtail)
    Peugeot 525 Comp (road - turbo trainer duties)
  • TheStone
    Current stage odds:

Rolland 2/1
    VdB 7/1
    Nibs 8/1
    Froome 9/1
    Ks 10-15/1
    exercise.png
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:

I still think that, bar Evans's little escapade, they're just doing the bare minimum. There's a lot of riders who were blown from the break sitting there quite comfortably.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    TheStone wrote:
    Current stage odds:

Rolland 2/1
    VdB 7/1
    Nibs 8/1
    Froome 9/1
    Ks 10-15/1

When you say "K's", can you get odds on any one of Kessiakoff, Kiriyenka or Kiserlovski?!
  • RichN95.
    Unlucky Pierre
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Beginning to feel like the Tour is as good as finished now (i.e. top two places)
    www.dotcycling.com
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Rolland Rolledoff.
  • Pross
    RichN95 wrote:
    Unlucky Pierre

Most predictable crash in Tour history! Harmon was predicting it all the way down.
  • TheStone
    BigMat wrote:
    When you say "K's", can you get odds on any one of Kessiakoff, Kiriyenka or Kiserlovski?!

Someone, somewhere maybe. I couldn't be bothered to type all those random letters out.
    exercise.png
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Still 2/1 now ?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    emadden wrote:
    Beginning to feel like the Tour is as good as finished now (i.e. top two places)

Are you only just catching up with the prologue or something?
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    afx237vi wrote:
    Rolland Rolledoff.

Corners like a ferry.

Strava is not Zen.
  • Pross
    emadden wrote:

Second place still very up for grabs - I think it could change today.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Sorry - shouldn't mock. I'll never be able to descend like that in a million years
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Pross wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Unlucky Pierre

Most predictable crash in Tour history! Harmon was predicting it all the way down.

Yeah but he's been on and on and on and on about the surface... but Rolland fell because he is in the Schleck Camp of Bike Handling :D:D:D:D
    www.dotcycling.com