Tour de France Stage 10 *Spoiler*

Comments

• Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    What's the betting that we come back from the break and it's all gone mental!!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Nibs teamed up with Sagan.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,183
    Not sure why they are going on about Nibali gaining time on the descent. Just let him go, gaining 30 seconds won't help him much so why risk a crash which could very definitely cost them the race. Even if he opens a gap there's a long section of flat / uphill road for him to cope with on his own or even if he links up with Sagan.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    question, if Nibs reckins wiggo is so crap climbing why did he not attack on the clims instead of a fruitless attack downhill with so far to go? He will never stay away alone as Evans will also chase, VDB also.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Nice try from Nibs but it's hard to see how this is going to stick
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Pross wrote:
    Not sure why they are going on about Nibali gaining time on the descent. Just let him go, gaining 30 seconds won't help him much so why risk a crash which could very definitely cost them the race. Even if he opens a gap there's a long section of flat / uphill road for him to cope with on his own or even if he links up with Sagan.

You've got it ass backwards - Nibs is there to lead Sagan out for the gallop (wheelie-ing his way past tommy V, ringing his bell...."
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    IMO, Wiggo is too far back in his group.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Pross wrote:
    Was that Rogers who just flatted?

Yes.
    I'm not sure he flatted ithink there was an issue with his wheel or fork which made it so he couldn't turn the bike
  • oldwelshman
    Jez mon wrote:
    IMO, Wiggo is too far back in his group.
    Nope he was just watching front riders to stay safe, no need to ride right up to wheel.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Dammit - Boss walked in. Did I miss something? Got no idea who's where now....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    Nibs off the front with Sagan.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    I'm watching this on both Eurosport AND itv4... ITV says Nibalis attack is gonna work. Eurosport says Nibalis attack is not gonna work. Which commentary team is right... place bets NOW.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    it's early but nibali has already pulled back 1 minute on wiggins.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,712
    Sagan's gone.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    edited July 2012
    ddraver wrote:
    Dammit - Boss walked in. Did I miss something? Got no idea who's where now....

Evans put 5 minutes into Wiggo in 3km, then the entire SKY team took out hypodermics and shot-up at the side of the road, then chased Evans down so its pretty much as you were. But it was awesome to see.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    donrhummy wrote:
    it's early but nibali has already pulled back 1 minute on wiggins.
    But Wiggins hasn't touched the wind yet...
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    nweststeyn wrote:
    I'm watching this on both Eurosport AND itv4... ITV says Nibalis attack is gonna work. Eurosport says Nibalis attack is not gonna work. Which commentary team is right... place bets NOW.

One of these commentary teams has a 12 page thread all about their consistent wrongness...
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Pross
    LangerDan wrote:
    Pross wrote:

You've got it ass backwards - Nibs is there to lead Sagan out for the gallop (wheelie-ing his way past tommy V, ringing his bell...."

He's going to be cursing that bell now, the extra weight meant he couldn't hold Nibs wheel :lol:
  • Pross
    This is typical, looking at today's stage for PTP it shouted a win for LLS but his form has been so bad I didn't pick him.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    So all the rest of the break are back then save Nibs and a few other also rans. Thanks!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • oldwelshman
    Nibs has to be careful here, if they catch him on climb he may end up going out the back. Of Evans and VDB kick off they will catch him quick, Porte is just controlling. I would be very surprised if Evans doesn't try
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    Love that comment from Sean "He ain't worth waiting for, 'cause he ain't doing any work" :d
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • Pross
    The stickiest of sticky bottles for Nibali. Just peg him out there now, knacker him and then drop him tomorrow.
  • oldwelshman
    If I was sky and Froome, which I am not, they shouldattack Nibs before the top
  • Pross
    TJ takes the back door.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    The catch is almost made.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,402
    Just about caught Nibbles again. What's that taken out of nibali?
  • Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    I really like Nibali and I think he'll keep going at Sky. Just hope he doesn't go pop on this climb.