Tour de France Stage 10 *Spoiler*

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Wiggins reads here I reckon. He said today he was never a sh!t rider. A few days ago I think I said "back when he was crap"

:P
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Gazzetta67 wrote:
    I think JVDB might have the best climbing form but since he's so far back and isn't a great TT'er he's too far back.
    It's too bad he had that mechanical on stage seven otherwise I think he would have finished with Froome, Wiggins, Evans at the top of Stage 7 and only be down 3 minutes.

Hate these stages are they almost always a let down in terms of GC contenders making a big move. Way too much time that can be made up on the descents.

They are battles of attrition mostly.

Tomorrow is going to be the day if anyone is going to crack team Sky.

What are Radioshacks tactics i wonder. Nibali needs help from at least zubeldia or montfort.....If Porte and Rodgers are up near the finish tomo then my cynical head will appear.... somebody or the other teams must put riders up the road tomo in a early break..Evans looks as if he's riding like a gringo just now trying to gain a second here or there.

I presume they are going to protect their team GC lead which frankly is what is part of what's wrong of cycling. Specifically Radioshack doesn't have anyone or at least no one has shown the ability to do anything special (save of course for Cancellara). I'd love to see them support Monfort to attack but I'm not sure he's got the chops to stay with the top guys when the climbing gets really tough.

I've never liked the team GC title because it isn't often about riding the best it's usually about not riding poorly.

Tomorrow is the day for attacks. So if Radioshack has any intention of getting a podium out of Monfort they'd better throttle down tomorrow
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    I found it interesting today that Sky pushed so hard to bring Nibali back. Holding the yellow jersey this early can be tough on a team and, one would think, giving the team a day off and forcing Cadel and others teams to do the work would have been a good idea. Especially seeing tomorrows stage.
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    emadden wrote:
    Crozza wrote:
    a yellow bike or any yellow touches for Bradley's kit today?
    bar tape

and saddle.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    I found it interesting today that Sky pushed so hard to bring Nibali back. Holding the yellow jersey this early can be tough on a team and, one would think, giving the team a day off and forcing Cadel and others teams to do the work would have been a good idea. Especially seeing tomorrows stage.

Did they push that hard? Mr Nibs gained a fair amount of time on the descent, and sky got down on one piece (without taking too many risks), then sky rode tempo on the climb, and reeled him back in. I reckon they would have been riding a similar tempo on the climb with or without Nibali up the road, as that's their tactic when it comes to climbing.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Evans had no teammates to chase for him, had no reason to chase, and neither did any other team until VDB went away.
  • Today's route sucked, but I guess you can't have fireworks everyday.

Watching Wiggins hold onto yellow for another day was great, got me to go out on my bike (haven't done that since march :D). Hoping wiggins turns up in Paris in yellow, would work wonders for British cycling and would be good to see him win the tour after his Olympic record. Real cycling legend in the making if he can pull it off :)
    The British Empire never died, it just moved to the Velodrome
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    The Asylum? Somebody fill me in, I want to visit!

'The Clinic' forum at Cycling News. Leave your brain here for safe keeping when you go.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    It's not much different to this forum in silly season really...
  • Rundfahrt
    Jez, they pushed hard enough to reel in Nibali and burn off riders from the group...on the day before a very tough stage. If that was their tactic, as you say, hen why were they not pushing before he went?

Turfle, Evans did have reason to chase as Nibali was going to bypass him in the GC. It's early, but 30 seconds here could mean no win later.
  • Rundfahrt
    I'm back :shock:

It's quite interesting isn't it! :lol:

I am pretty sure a few of the likely lads over there are around here ding their thing.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Me too. My own personal favourite was this undeniable proof of Wiggins doping.
    What worries me most is he has the drug-swagger going on. It reminds me of friends who’ve turned to recreational drug use. After a while they talk differently, the act differently, they get new friends. They get very aggressive thinking that nothing can stop them and that no one else understands what it’s like to be them.

Any one else noticed this swagger?
  • Rundfahrt
    What worries me most is he has the drug-swagger going on. It reminds me of friends who’ve turned to recreational drug use. After a while they talk differently, the act differently, they get new friends. They get very aggressive thinking that nothing can stop them and that no one else understands what it’s like to be them.

I think he has had that swagger since his days at Slipstream and probably at the track, but I don't think it has to do with doping.

Which of the giant brains over there posted that one?
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Yesterday somebody, I assume jokingly, suggested they wouldn't be surprised if Sky orchestrated the Cofidis raid. And people agreed.

The regular forum is just as bad as the clinic now.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    Jez, they pushed hard enough to reel in Nibali and burn off riders from the group...on the day before a very tough stage. If that was their tactic, as you say, hen why were they not pushing before he went?

Turfle, Evans did have reason to chase as Nibali was going to bypass him in the GC. It's early, but 30 seconds here could mean no win later.

They weren't burning off riders in the same rate as Saturday though (admittedly it wasn't as hard a climb)

I don't think the rode the previous climb quite as hard simply because it wasn't the final climb.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Rundfahrt
    turfle- It's crazy there. I am waiting for someone to blame Armstrong for something that happens in this Tour. It's fun to watch that place without signing up.

Jez- I get what you are saying but I think a better choice would have been to try and force others to chase Nibali. Set a time and if he gets that lead before anyone else chases, then go ahead and do tempo, otherwise sit back and let others do the work.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Btw: Anybody from around here visiting "The Asylum", these days?
    Certainly earning the nickname. The lunatics are running wild.

The lack of basic cycling knowledge beyond doping rumours of some of them is particularly amusing.

You're a doper Rich. Just admit it, you'll feel better.

Does anyone know who The RaceRadio is?

The cycling equivalent of the barksdales.

Only rubbish.
  • alwaystoohot
    alwaystoohot Posts: 252
    I'm worried about Cav, he's slipped back to 157th at 1.29 behind, if he doesn't attack on the next stage he can kiss GC goodbye. :shock:
    'I started with nothing and still have most of it left.'
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Oh dear god. The Asylum.....
  • Jez mon wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:

Did they push that hard? Mr Nibs gained a fair amount of time on the descent, and sky got down on one piece (without taking too many risks), then sky rode tempo on the climb, and reeled him back in. I reckon they would have been riding a similar tempo on the climb with or without Nibali up the road, as that's their tactic when it comes to climbing.

Wiggins said in interview he/the team were prepared to lose the yellow jersey but in the end didn't have to.
  • So where is Frenchie - or has he done what is technically known as a "Ricky" over the breakaway over hills with panache with a Frenchman winning????

As we type is he wallowing in a pool of juice of his own making, so exhausted unable he is unable to type.

I leave you with that image to scar you for life :D
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    So where is Frenchie - or has he done what is technically known as a "Ricky" over the breakaway over hills with panache with a Frenchman winning????
    I think he said he was going to France for a couple of stages.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • A shame I'll miss his piccies - hope he enjoyed today
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Rundfahrt wrote:

I think he has had that swagger since his days at Slipstream and probably at the track, but I don't think it has to do with doping.

Which of the giant brains over there posted that one?

There could be something in this. For the last 10 days or so Wiggins and that Australian bloke have been inseperable.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    Jez- I get what you are saying but I think a better choice would have been to try and force others to chase Nibali. Set a time and if he gets that lead before anyone else chases, then go ahead and do tempo, otherwise sit back and let others do the work.

That just is nt the Brailsford way though...Plus the others would have played the "your in the jersey, you chase" card leading to the mexican standoff discussed earlier. They did nt exactly reel Nibs in quickly, whoever it was only had to ride a half kilometer faster. This is the "problem" with having the jersey early on, everyone looks at you to chase.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    The cycling equivalent of the barksdales.

Only rubbish.

l.jpg

Where's my re-up Mother F*cker?!
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    From the highlights it seemed that they pulled Nibali back on the climbs - well everyone who stays together is doing roughly the same work on a climb anyway so it hurts the likes of Evans just as much surely.

Important part is that Wiggins looked very comfortable and when Evans tried a bit of a sneaky break at the end Wiggins barely had to get out of his saddle to stay on his wheel.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.