Tdf Stage 3 *Spoiler*

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    ALaPlage wrote:
    In Cyprus watching the Italian Rai Sport 2 feed. Great visuals but I don't understand Italian :( so missing out on what the pictures don't show but the commentators fill in. Have I missed anything with that crash?

+1 to this, what happened in the crash? Who was to blame? Watching it when I get a chance at work, but was on the phone when it all went down and they don't seem keen on showing a replay...

Just a normal pile-up, no-one to blame. Bunch of sprinters out the back, but no GC riders AFAIK.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Pross wrote:
    mattshrops wrote:
    Damn tacx advert - turning the bars is proper bs. Oh and i'll just stick my zipps on to go on the turbo. :roll:

When you make the calculation you must calculate the claculated calculation....

Turbo trainers are supposed to be miserable. Tackx have gone too far this time.

The missus was watching briefly the other day and commented that the Tacx looked good. I have taken this to mean 'buy it as soon as you can afford it'.

Why wait until you can afford it ? :wink:
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    afx237vi wrote:
    ALaPlage wrote:
    In Cyprus watching the Italian Rai Sport 2 feed. Great visuals but I don't understand Italian :( so missing out on what the pictures don't show but the commentators fill in. Have I missed anything with that crash?

+1 to this, what happened in the crash? Who was to blame? Watching it when I get a chance at work, but was on the phone when it all went down and they don't seem keen on showing a replay...

Just a normal pile-up, no-one to blame. Bunch of sprinters out the back, but no GC riders AFAIK.

Voeckler apparently, if you count him as a GC rider...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,184
    Please don't let Valverde win this stage. Not only have Movistar been unsporting but I even put on my PTP pick that I couldn't choose between him or Sagan before opting for Sagan :(
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    afx237vi wrote:
    Sammy Sanchez having a mega strop at the Mavic car.

To be fair to Samu, he's probably cranky because when he loses the Olympic title next month, he'll no longer be able to accessorise like the cast of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    No pics of any crashes, only aftermath

Dave having a dig at P&P....hee hee....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Carnage right here. Dan Martin with CVV chasing hard.

F-ing crashes
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    BigMat wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    ALaPlage wrote:

Voeckler apparently, if you count him as a GC rider...

And Dan Martin, if you count him as a GC rider.
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Thank you :D
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • Pross
    Was Cav dropped or just caught up in the crash? If he got dropped it doesn't bode well for those 9 climbs of Box Hill.
  • afx237vi
    Pross wrote:
    Was Cav dropped or just caught up in the crash? If he got dropped it doesn't bode well for those 9 climbs of Box Hill.

Caught behind the crash I reckon. A pretty big group back there.
  • Why did i go for Goss on PTP today :oops:
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Pross wrote:

Think it split before the hills so more likely due to crash - Voeckler, Martin and Gilbert tend not to struggle on rolling terrain either.
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    Pross wrote:

Or he is just saving energy?
  • afx237vi
    Cyclingfans reporting a spectator in critical condition after being hit by a vehicle in the publicity caravan. This sh*t happens every year... and sometimes worse. Didn't a little boy die a couple of years ago?
  • frenchfighter
    Think Dan Martin might have been dropped....dont see him with CVV. Also possible he is ahead of them though.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Sky looking a bit shorthanded although not sure that any of the other GC teams are any better.
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    Pross wrote:

Or he is just saving energy?

Possibly, he got the intermediate sprint, knew he'd never get the finishing sprint so maybe he's saving himself for tomorrow.
  • I take that back i think Goss is still in the group :D:D
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • LangerDan
    afx237vi wrote:
    Cyclingfans reporting a spectator in critical condition after being hit by a vehicle in the publicity caravan. This sh*t happens every year... and sometimes worse. Didn't a little boy die a couple of years ago?

Cycling: Spectator injured by Tour's publicity caravan

A spectator has been taken to hospital after being injured by a vehicle in the Tour de France publicity caravan which fell over on its side Tuesday, it was announced.
    The victim, an adult male, suffered injuries to the head and legs and was taken by ambulance to hospital after the incident, around 68 km into the race's 197 km third stage from Orchies to Boulogne-sur-Mer.
    Official sources told AFP said the man was conscious and his life was not in danger.
    The vehicle, one of many on the publicity caravan which precedes the race to offer gifts to the thousands of waiting roadside fans, was a small float which hit a small wall as it was going round bend in the road.
    It "injured the spectator when it fell on to a house after hitting a wall," according to a witness.
  • Pross
    Is there still a 3rd cat climb to get over?
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:
    Please don't let Valverde win this stage. Not only have Movistar been unsporting but I even put on my PTP pick that I couldn't choose between him or Sagan before opting for Sagan :(

Prayers answered :)
  • afx237vi
    LangerDan wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Cycling: Spectator injured by Tour's publicity caravan

A spectator has been taken to hospital after being injured by a vehicle in the Tour de France publicity caravan which fell over on its side Tuesday, it was announced.
    The victim, an adult male, suffered injuries to the head and legs and was taken by ambulance to hospital after the incident, around 68 km into the race's 197 km third stage from Orchies to Boulogne-sur-Mer.
    Official sources told AFP said the man was conscious and his life was not in danger.
    The vehicle, one of many on the publicity caravan which precedes the race to offer gifts to the thousands of waiting roadside fans, was a small float which hit a small wall as it was going round bend in the road.
    It "injured the spectator when it fell on to a house after hitting a wall," according to a witness.

Good news that it's not life-threatening.
  • frenchfighter
    Basso stringing them out. No one went for it. Downhill to the finish now.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • LangerDan
    Has Chavanel borrowed Cipo's teeth?
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    LOL @ Chavanel's attack. Too far out me thinks, but fookin' impressive acceleration.
  • frenchfighter
    Go Chavanel!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Exciting stuff. It's like a Giro stage
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Allez le Chav!
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Chase being taken up by BMC...
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live