Tdf Stage 3 *Spoiler*

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Did Cav not tweet during the Giro about loving the Italian fans and the respect they had for the rainbow jersey?

Maybe he was being sarky.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    sjmclean wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    OK, what have I missed? Did I just see Sagan off the back and Movistar drilling it presumably to stop him getting back on and improve Valverde's chances?

Is there not a gentleman's agreement in cycling not to attack when a close competitor goes down, not to attack? I seem to think Movistar have done it before this year much to Geriant Thomas's dislike.

I think Movistar were drilling it long before Sagan punctured. If everyone is going to start slowing down just because someone punctures, they'll be out there all day.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,184
    sjmclean wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    OK, what have I missed? Did I just see Sagan off the back and Movistar drilling it presumably to stop him getting back on and improve Valverde's chances?

Is there not a gentleman's agreement in cycling not to attack when a close competitor goes down, not to attack? I seem to think Movistar have done it before this year much to Geriant Thomas's dislike.

I'm sure there'll be a time where Movistar have a rider out the back and the whole peloton will ride hard. One of the main reasons the 'gentleman's agreement' always survived was because everyone knew they needed friends when their time came.
  • LangerDan
    andyp wrote:
    camerone wrote:
    Anyone who thinks the Worlds was a fluke knows nothing about cycling

Especially as the same flukey rider won two monuments as well.
    Not to mention a positive test for EPO
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Did Cav not tweet during the Giro about loving the Italian fans and the respect they had for the rainbow jersey?

Maybe he was being sarky.

Don't think so, didn't he get lot's of pushes uphill.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    LangerDan wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    camerone wrote:
    Anyone who thinks the Worlds was a fluke knows nothing about cycling

Especially as the same flukey rider won two monuments as well.
    Not to mention a positive test for EPO

Not to start this up again, but I'm fairly certain he wasn't the only one day rider cheating in the late 90s and early 00s.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    LangerDan wrote:
    sjmclean wrote:
    Pross wrote:

I think Movistar were drilling it long before Sagan punctured. If everyone is going to start slowing down just because someone punctures, they'll be out there all day.

I've only been half-watching, but it seemed to me that RS were just setting a very steady tempo. The race wasn't really "on" as far as I noticed. Dunno what JI Gutierrez was trying to achieve.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    afx237vi wrote:
    LangerDan wrote:
    sjmclean wrote:
    Pross wrote:

I've only been half-watching, but it seemed to me that RS were just setting a very steady tempo. The race wasn't really "on" as far as I noticed. Dunno what JI Gutierrez was trying to achieve.

Maybe he just thinks Sagan is a wanker! :lol:
  • Pross
    Sean says Movistar came to the front after, Liquigas had been on the front prior to that. If Kelly says that I'll agree!
  • afx237vi
    BigMat wrote:

Frenchie's hijacked the Movistar radio frequency :lol:
  • LangerDan
    afx237vi wrote:
    BigMat wrote:

Frenchie's hijacked the Movistar radio frequency :lol:

Can we expect Gutiérrez to be called back to the team car for emergency styling?
  • afx237vi
    Gutierrez WTF?

Riding hard again after another crash.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Damn tacx advert - turning the bars is proper bs. Oh and i'll just stick my zipps on to go on the turbo. :roll:

When you make the calculation you must calculate the claculated calculation....
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • disgruntledgoat
    mattshrops wrote:
    Damn tacx advert - turning the bars is proper bs. Oh and i'll just stick my zipps on to go on the turbo. :roll:

Turbo trainers are supposed to be miserable. Tackx have gone too far this time.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Pross
    afx237vi wrote:
    Gutierrez WTF?

Until he's told his mate is down! Katusha rider looks bad. Teams don't seem to have learned the First Aid rules about not moving people until you've assessed them!!
  • afx237vi
    Rojas abandons. Gerrans looked a bit battered too.
  • Pross
    mattshrops wrote:

The missus was watching briefly the other day and commented that the Tacx looked good. I have taken this to mean 'buy it as soon as you can afford it'.
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    JJ Rojas abandoned for Movistar.

That's 2 riders out.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Pross wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Gutierrez WTF?

Until he's told his mate is down! Katusha rider looks bad. Teams don't seem to have learned the First Aid rules about not moving people until you've assessed them!!

I think most teams and riders think firstly about getting the rider back on the bike and then about the welfare. Looks at Schleck and his what ever he's broken.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    If no GC riders lose time today due to crashes I'll be amazed.
  • Pross
    I must be getting old, the crashes used to be the bit I watched cycling for but now they just ruin a race - hate seeing people potentially miss out due to a crash that was probably not their fault.
  • disgruntledgoat
    Pross wrote:
    mattshrops wrote:

The missus was watching briefly the other day and commented that the Tacx looked good. I have taken this to mean 'buy it as soon as you can afford it'.

Don't bother. Enjoying turbo training will make you weak.

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited July 2012
    Its like 2011 early Tour all over again.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:
    mattshrops wrote:

Don't bother. Enjoying turbo training will make you weak.

Not as weak as not doing it 'cos I hate it so much though :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I just feel bad for the rider when he goes down, especially this early in the tour. Imagine all the prep you have done and to crash out and miss out would be horrible.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Pross wrote:
    mattshrops wrote:

Do they do a version where you dont turn the bars FFS?

Does the missus know that a nice pair of zipps is a requirement for purchasing said item? :D
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • afx237vi
    Sammy Sanchez having a mega strop at the Mavic car.
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    In Cyprus watching the Italian Rai Sport 2 feed. Great visuals but I don't understand Italian :( so missing out on what the pictures don't show but the commentators fill in. Have I missed anything with that crash?
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,403
    Wouldn't want to put my fingers near a moving sprocket like that! :shock:
  • whitebait01
    whitebait01 Posts: 610
    ALaPlage wrote:
    In Cyprus watching the Italian Rai Sport 2 feed. Great visuals but I don't understand Italian :( so missing out on what the pictures don't show but the commentators fill in. Have I missed anything with that crash?

+1 to this, what happened in the crash? Who was to blame? Watching it when I get a chance at work, but was on the phone when it all went down and they don't seem keen on showing a replay...
    Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3