2012 Tour De France Spolier Thread

1151617181921»

Comments

• lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    Some cracking shots there JZed, how did you get up on the seats...did you have to buy tickets for that? We got there about 09.30ish and set up camp on the Champs-Élysées about five hundred yards up from the finish line - had to take a stroll up to the Arc to find some seats as every stall near us had sold out.

Well worth the early start though, that's my first Tour experience and I have to say I loved it. Not sure what I expected the atmosphere to be like but there was certainly more of a buzz than I expected and the cheers that went up when Cavendish set off when it seemed so early and the moment he crossed the line was 'hairs on the back of the neck' stuff.

So, yeah, loved it. Here's some snaps...

7635616198_67a11875e3_b.jpg
    7635617182_fe854c04a0_b.jpg
    7635618426_1da198a440_b.jpg
    7635622360_64dbd224b3_b.jpg
    7635619582_5d56b630ba_b.jpg
    7635620508_98d6557ae2_b.jpg
    7635621380_20fac3456a_b.jpg
    7635615306_f6283b90f2_b.jpg
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    great pics lastant
    FCN = 4
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    lastant wrote:
    Some cracking shots there JZed, how did you get up on the seats...did you have to buy tickets for that? [/quote}

Yeah got some last minute seats. If I go again I'll go the night before and get there early, as we only got there around 2pm so there was no chance other than the grandstand. Looks like you had a superb position.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,316
    Well, unless you are British and like Sky/Wiggins it was a bit of a borefest really.

Can't recall anything worth watching after the first 10 days or so aside from Sagan coming back to the Sanchez break on that climb, Roche trying to do the impossible in holding off Cavendish and Jens further enhancing his cult hero status on the finale.

Worst moment was Horner latching onto Hincapies 'lap of honour'. Twat.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Well, unless you are British and like Sky/Wiggins it was a bit of a borefest really.

Can't recall anything worth watching after the first 10 days or so aside from Sagan coming back to the Sanchez break on that climb, Roche trying to do the impossible in holding off Cavendish and Jens further enhancing his cult hero status on the finale.

Worst moment was Horner latching onto Hincapies 'lap of honour'. fool.

Hmm.

Have you considered spending less time in Pro Race? :wink:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sagan did really well to close that gap and come second. Almost scary to think what might have happened had he gone with Cav at the same time, but then, I guess, that's why Cav is the best sprinter in the World and is clearly in form... I also think that while he isn't the main focus at Team Sky like he was at HTC he is clearly a happier person.
    Cav had another kick in the tank I'd say. He didn't need it. Great sprint from the Tour's greatest ever sprinter.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Daz555 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sagan did really well to close that gap and come second. Almost scary to think what might have happened had he gone with Cav at the same time, but then, I guess, that's why Cav is the best sprinter in the World and is clearly in form... I also think that while he isn't the main focus at Team Sky like he was at HTC he is clearly a happier person.
    Cav had another kick in the tank I'd say. He didn't need it. Great sprint from the Tour's greatest ever sprinter.

Yeah.

It's easy to look good when the guy ahead of you's been flat out sprinting with his nose in the wind for 400m already.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,316
    Greg66 wrote:

Worst moment was Horner latching onto Hincapies 'lap of honour'. fool.

Hmm.

Have you considered spending less time in Pro Race? :wink:

Things will have gone too far when I start describing every race as a 'chipper'
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    PS
    Well done to Jens for a couple of attacks to keep it interesting, particularly in Paris.
    I was gunning for a Cav win but if it wasn't to be him then the Jens breakaway would still have been a joy.

Also chapeau to little Tommy for winning and maintaining the Polka in true style.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.