2012 Tour De France Spolier Thread

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I want a Pinarello. I want a Jaguar XF. I want a Sky subscription.

Now that was an exciting stage, complete with drama and a changing of the guards (TJ overtaking Cadel). Wish there was more action in the mountains, but I have to say, I did enjoy that.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Now that was an exciting stage, complete with drama and a changing of the guards (TJ overtaking Cadel). Wish there was more action in the mountains, but I have to say, I did enjoy that.
    Just wait till the finish line tomorrow! :P
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    What about a Kask helmet or some adidas sports equipment? Get IG Markets to handle your investments perhaps? Anything else that you're eager to be sucked into wanting?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Zipps
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Just Brilliant. A British 1-2 in the Tour de France. Going to be some party in Paris tomorrow. Bring. It. On.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    IMHO the only reason why people have ANY justification for the TdF being 'boring' is that Wiggo and Sky are just so damn' good.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    A proud day for British cycling.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Lead story on the lunch time news :D

Nice bit of happy news before all the depressing stuff.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    anarchy%20on%20the%20champs%20elysees.jpg
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • jonny_trousers
    Easy!
  • welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    wooooohoooooooo :)
  • noisemonkey
    noisemonkey Posts: 159
    woot!

Bradley-Wiggins-gets-stuc-008.jpg
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Awesome. I really thought Jens would hold the breakaway right up to the last lap! What a result for British cycling!

Prepare for a new Nodderpocalypse guys!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Wow, found myself sceaming at the TV. I didn't think they'd pull back the breakaway at one stage.

Alright, I'll eat my rants. Wiggins won me over with that performance, he didn't need to put his neck out like that. There was something really romantic watching the Maillot Jaune leading out the World Champion. Real stuff of champions that.

Sagan did really well to close that gap and come second. Almost scary to think what might have happened had he gone with Cav at the same time, but then, I guess, that's why Cav is the best sprinter in the World and is clearly in form... I also think that while he isn't the main focus at Team Sky like he was at HTC he is clearly a happier person.

Great Tour. Great Finale.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Wow, found myself sceaming at the TV. I didn't think they'd pull back the breakaway at one stage.
    I also thought the break would survive. Thankfully it didn't and Cav got his fourth in a row.

It was so nice of them to time it so the presentations were on the live show. We don't usually see them.

And I have to admit to getting a little teary eyed when Wiggo was on the podium there.

Now where do I get one of those sky t-shirts. Oh and a yellow stripped Jaguar.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    rubertoe wrote:
    anarchy%20on%20the%20champs%20elysees.jpg

That's gonna be my laptop wallpaper for the next week! Cheers Silicone Digit!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Well done to Sky on all levels!

As an addition, I am going to through out an obscure congratulations though.......

Thanks to Channel 4 for getting the whole ball rolling by starting to show the Tour while cycling as a sport was in the wilderness in this Country.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    daviesee wrote:
    Well done to Sky on all levels!

As an addition, I am going to through out an obscure congratulations though.......

Thanks to Channel 4 for getting the whole ball rolling by starting to show the Tour while cycling as a sport was in the wilderness in this Country.

+1
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    epic!
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    daviesee wrote:

Not obscure at all, IMO. I've been waiting for this moment for 28 years, thanks to Channel 4.

And here are those opening titles, to help bring the memories flooding back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=243BJu0zB50
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • jonny_trousers
    Love the 'raffle' comment. The greatest moment in British cycling and he still seems laid back about it.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    Great result, well done, Wiggo, Cav, Froome and Team Sky.

Looks like Wiggo wasn't impressed by Lesley Garret singing the national anthem (neither was I)
    FCN = 4
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Great result today, we need another British stage win tomorrow to set up the hat-trick for Sunday.
    Not a bad prediction was it! Great work to Cav, Froome, Wiggins and the whole of Team Sky from the backroom boys to tehe coach, DS and the riders themselves.

Now, about this race on Saturday...
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Just caught up with the highlights package on ITV4. Whoever chose the music for the final wrap deserves a 'kin good choice mate' pat on the back. The 'oo, Won't Get Fooled Again, ends it correctly:

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

How good has this last three weeks and last three days been?

:D:D:D:D
  • jonny_trousers
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    Looks like Wiggo wasn't impressed by Lesley Garret singing the national anthem (neither was I)

It was hideous on so many levels. She's always been a horrible singer, but that was spectacularly bad. I think she must have moved through five keys before she reached the end. The Union flag skirt was tasteless and inappropriate, the beaming smile and gesticulation of the head with every syllable uttered had me considering putting my boot through the telly. Truly awful! Nice pay day for her, though.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Agent57 wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

Not obscure at all, IMO. I've been waiting for this moment for 28 years, thanks to Channel 4.

And here are those opening titles, to help bring the memories flooding back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=243BJu0zB50

Always gives me the goosebumps...love the way it segues into "frere jaques" at the end. Just watched the kraftwerk video on the same page too.

Didn't Imlach do the c4 programme too? He is utter quality. Actually all the rest of the itv4 lineup have detractors, but I love all of them. Boulting is good, love his bits on the bike with boardman. P and P entertain me, but maybe cos I'm not knowledgeable enough to be annoyed...
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    Nice to see him riding with his son on a mini matching yellow Pinarello on his victory circuit of the Champs Elysees!Bradley+Wiggins
    Bradley+Wiggins
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    My builders pulled every plug they could find out of its socket, including the TV/Sky plug, literally pulling the plug on my evening's viewing.

Trying to keep calm...
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."