SCR Summer Gathering 2012 with DATES

12346»

Comments

• Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I was intending on heading over but I got Olympics tickets so went to that...how about a summer meet up mark 2 in regents park or something? I think I recognise everyone in that photo apart from the guy next to Duncan...who's that?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    Hiding his Dynamo top and hanging his head in shame? Vermin, contrary to all the usual indicators he was a top bloke. Great afternoon, thoroughly enjoyed it. Good effort from all those that travelled from further afield, nice to have met you.
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Hiding his Dynamo top and hanging his head in shame? Vermin, contrary to all the usual indicators he was a top bloke. Great afternoon, thoroughly enjoyed it. Good effort from all those that travelled from further afield, nice to have met you.

Don't tell him, Pike.
  • veronese68
    I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    cjcp wrote:
    Apologies, chaps. I originally had next week off too, but that's not happening anymore, so I had to spend yesterday afternoon looking for tiles instead.

You always have the best excuses
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    So that's what you all look like. Did you all shave your legs specially? :)
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • vermin
    msmancunia wrote:

Perve
  • msmancunia
    vermin wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Perve

Who, me? The (slightly younger, slightly more northern) Germaine Greer of Bike Radar?
  • vermin
    msmancunia wrote:
    vermin wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Perve

Who, me? The (slightly younger, slightly more northern) Germaine Greer of Bike Radar?

You're Australian?
  • msmancunia
    vermin wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    vermin wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Perve

You're Australian?

With a login like mine? I was referring to my penchant for occasionally dropping into CS/BB with my feminist lightsabre and keeping them on the straight and narrow :wink:
  • vermin
    msmancunia wrote:
    vermin wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    vermin wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Perve

You're Australian?

With a login like mine? I was referring to my penchant for occasionally dropping into CS/BB with my feminist lightsabre and keeping them on the straight and narrow :wink:

Yup, and I'm occasionally sarcastic. :wink: Handsome bunch though eh!
  • msmancunia
    vermin wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    vermin wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    vermin wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Perve

You're Australian?

Yup, and I'm occasionally sarcastic. :wink: Handsome bunch though eh!

Oh absolutely. I don't know how I'm going to be able to control myself - I might have to go for a cold shower.

(I have a sarcasm dial too..... :D )
  • Headhuunter
    Just looking at that photo again I've realised that Vermin is even smaller than Rick! What waist size are you Vermin? 25"? You must have good power to weight ratio....
  • vermin
    Just looking at that photo again I've realised that Vermin is even smaller than Rick! What waist size are you Vermin? 25"? You must have good power to weight ratio....

No, Rick is very small; I'm just far away.
  • Headhuunter
    vermin wrote:

Oh I see... That makes sense, so you're actually a bit of a fat knacker?
  • vermin
    vermin wrote:

:lol:

6ft tall, 1ft wide. I suffer in a headwind.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    vermin wrote:
    vermin wrote:

:roll:
  • Headhuunter
    vermin wrote:
    vermin wrote:

6ft tall and 1ft wide? That sounds pretty streamlined to me!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Nice to meet up with those that were still around at 5ish after I'd done my Olympic visit. Thanks to Vermin for not hitting me and the others for being surprisingly pleasant folk and nowhere near as awful as I'd expected :lol:

But really, shame on you Londoners. No more than a good turn out at the Morpeth and this a summer gathering. I'm beginning to think that half the London folk on here are fakes. You need to pull your socks up!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • vermin
    Rolf F wrote:
    Nice to meet up with those that were still around at 5ish after I'd done my Olympic visit. Thanks to Vermin for not hitting me and the others for being surprisingly pleasant folk and nowhere near as awful as I'd expected :lol:

But really, shame on you Londoners. No more than a good turn out at the Morpeth and this a summer gathering. I'm beginning to think that half the London folk on here are fakes. You need to pull your socks up!

Err, WTF?!

Not hitting you? Excluded from the "surprisingly pleasant folk"? :wink:
  • veronese68
    No idea, I think (know) I was drunk by then. Is it because we complained Rolf isn't short and furry with a pirate hat?
  • rolf_f
    I was mean to Vermin about Oakleys in a forum post. I probably called him a ludicrous halfwit or something. I forget. I think he could have hit me fair and square but, credit where due, he was too nice for that. So I'll be insulting him again soon.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    96gqys.jpg

Filth.

Which one are you Rick ? Black T shirt or sunglass on head proper shirt ? just curious is all....
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    L-R
    Veronese, Rick, JZed, JonGinge, Vermin, me
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Rick is a very slender man.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Wasn't really fair to put him between Veronese and the Beast from the East. Rolf arrived a little later and he makes Rick look morbidly obese.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • rolf_f
    dhope wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Wasn't really fair to put him between Veronese and the Beast from the East. Rolf arrived a little later and he makes Rick look morbidly obese.

All you fat bloaters would be dead if you tried cycling in the mountains of Yorkshire.

And, where were you DDD? Most disappointed at your absence....
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Rick is a very slender man-child

FTFY
  • Headhuunter
    dhope wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Beast from the East! :lol:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Jzed does look like a big powerful rider. Wierdly, so does dhope!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game