SCR Summer Gathering 2012 with DATES

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    What's the 'best' route to Walton-on-Thames from Kentish Town?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Liverpool is nice this time of year if you want to make it a "SCR tour of the UK"
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Ben6899 wrote:

Don't encourage them to put it down in deepest darkest SW....!
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Head south, when you get to the river turn right. Cross the river, preferably via a bridge, keep following the river. You can't miss us.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    60 mile round trip for me... wife's away from 22nd July, take a half day, hmm maybe
  • Ben6899
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Head south, when you get to the river turn right. Cross the river, preferably via a bridge, keep following the river. You can't miss us.

Regent's Park sounds easier. Just head east along the river until you hit Westminster Bridge. Cross the river, preferably using said bridge and then head north. You can't miss us. ;)
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Not a deal breaker, but as I will have to come by car, central London is not so good for me - I am allergic to paying £20 to park for a couple of hours with a side order of congestion charge.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    gbsahne wrote:
    60 mile round trip for me... wife's away from 22nd July, take a half day, hmm maybe

Isn't 60mi a slow day for you?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • veronese68
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Regent's Park sounds easier. Just head east along the river until you hit Westminster Bridge. Cross the river, preferably using said bridge and then head north. You can't miss us. ;)
    Hoisted by my own petard.
  • Ben6899
    :lol:
    Ben

• gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    SimonAH wrote:
    Christ, I have to.see how ugly you feckers are. In.

Some kind of duo based car type action? Even trio if ITB and Redvee need a lift? Buggered if I am cycling fixed from Brizzle to Richmond Park
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    No problem, I can deliver and return if a western contingent wishes to attend :-D
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • veronese68
    SimonAH wrote:
    No problem, I can deliver and return if a western contingent wishes to attend :-D
    If you are going to do that there is free parking in Richmond Park and it's on the western side of London, very close to junction 2 of the M4.
    Take your bikes and you can do a couple of laps and view the wildlife. Take the pedicab and you can do a lap together. :lol:
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Hoisted by my own petard.

Wow, I've never managed to use that in context...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    JZed wrote:
    jds_1981 wrote:
    JZeds white 4x4 ?

Good point.....

range_rover.jpg

He needs one that big for all the mars bars ....dont ask :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Dates now add, time to vote peeps
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    itboffin wrote:
    Dates now add, time to vote peeps

done, i'd prefure RP since thats the spirtural home of the mamil and where we've always had them. though since i'm working most of the dates I'll either be rushing off early or arriving late.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    28th is Olympic road race I think.... Goes through the park...... I was planning on being there anyway.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    July's rota is set for Saturdays. August is good if I get in first though.
  • veronese68
    Sketchley wrote:
    28th is Olympic road race I think.... Goes through the park...... I was planning on being there anyway.
    I thought that, I want to watch from somewhere but realised last week I have to pick my son up from the New Forest that day. Driving anywhere from here will be a disaster. Dagnabbit!!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I'm in if I can cadge a lift on the back of Simon's Pedicab/GTV's moneypit though would prefer a later date.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    RP's only a nice easy 70 miles away, I don't know what all the London types are complaining about ;)
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Would love to, but I work Saturdays.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    4th is good with me, I might bring Wilma and go for a walk though......See if we can find Fenton.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Presently awaiting orders for all of those weekends, bar the 28th, when the RR is on, but very keen. Don't mind Regents Park or Richmond Park.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    I've booked the 4th off work so I'm officially good for a whole day of bicycle mayhem regardless!
  • itboffin
    Okay the 4th is looking good, lets run this poll for a few more days before we finalize the date.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    4th works, voted now
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    4th I can do
  • veronese68
    Changed mine from 14th to the 4th as I could do either.