SCR Summer Gathering 2012 with DATES

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    dhope wrote:
    I'll head to the park for some Brompton training on the 4th then, that way I can scalp the lot of you when you're chatting about bikes :P
    I think if I was ever scalped by someone on a Brompton, I'd be emotionally unavailable for quite some time. :|
    You've never met Clever Pun I take it?

Nope, is he quick on the kiddie folders then ? :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    I don't think it counts if GB scalps you whilst you're holding a pint. Unless, of course, she has one too.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    I don't think it counts if GB scalps you whilst you're holding a pint. Unless, of course, she has one too.

I'll steal one as I swoop past. That'll surely get me going as I'll have a bunch of mad men after me! :lol:
    Why? Because I'm guaranteed a seat all the way in.

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS
  • I'll head to the park for some Brompton training on the 4th then, that way I can scalp the lot of you when you're chatting about bikes :P
    I think if I was ever scalped by someone on a Brompton, I'd be emotionally unavailable for quite some time. :|

Some people never get over it, I'm afraid.
    Why? Because I'm guaranteed a seat all the way in.

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    1) Dmc - sorry I was harsh to you in BB before, you seem like a nice guy. A brompton can be a very ferkin quick bike though, word to the wise that is.

2) what's happening then folks? Richmond park on the 4th?

Who's in charge of this anarchistic rabble anyway? Stand up and take control!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • veronese68
    SimonAH wrote:
    1) Dmc - sorry I was harsh to you in BB before, you seem like a nice guy.

Agree with point 1, hope he joins us.
    Boff is clearly in charge. I think the 4th is looking pretty certain. I presume we'll start in the early afternoon. If you're driving up there are several car parks in RP, Pembroke Lodge being closest to the pub. There is also a tea room and public khazi there, as well as the Ian Dury singing bench and a great view of St Paul's.
  • Anonymous
    Thanks for the sentiments in the last posts, I do tend to kick off a bit then calm down, Rickchasey will back this up as we have had a few robust spars in the past but we have a grudging respect for each other now, bit like in Heat with Al Pacino and De Niro ( Im De Niro btw).

Hope to make it, will keep an eye on dates and times but I do work shifts so can be tricky as I work over weekends/nights as well.

Back to the dungeon for a bit, happy traffic dodging. :D
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    mudcow007 wrote:
    Adskis wrote:
    What time of the day would this epic event kick off?

About 5 mins after the Bottom Bracket gang arrive.

We could have a fight... Bottom Bracket vs Commuting all ride up on bikes and lay into each other... It'd be like the 1950s again mods vs rockers... on bicycles

more like

AnchormanTheLegendofRonBurgundyfightscene.jpg

Damn - sorry I'm going to miss it if you all look like that. DMC - presuming you're Brian Fantana? :wink: Don't forget your Sex Panther cologne. Remember. 60% of the time, it works all the time.

Stay classy, commuters! xx
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    SimonAH wrote:
    1) Dmc - sorry I was harsh to you in BB before, you seem like a nice guy. A brompton can be a very ferkin quick bike though, word to the wise that is.

Easy now fella I iz in full control thanks v much in fact only last night I started the beer testing/tasting and I can report that yes beer is good 8)

I might also have a bit of a hangover :?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Dammit. I'm caravanning in Cornwall that weekend.

I usually shy away from this sort of thing, but this time I was really gonna get involved and go beyond virtual reality. Maybe one Friday in the Morpeth, wherever that is. :)
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I'm away in Leeds for the cricket... boo
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    So is this happening on the 4th Aug?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • itboffin

:lol:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    itboffin wrote:

:lol:
    Wasso funny?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • SimonAH
    C'mon then Boff! You have had greatness thrust upon, you so step up to the plate my good man!

Date is 4th of August according to the concensus - Time? Locale? Plans? Foul weather options?

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Shirley it's the Roebuck at Richmond Park like before? If foul weather, just wander inside throwing out any regulars/visitors. Simples, ent 8)
  • itboffin
    SimonAH wrote:
    C'mon then Boff! You have had greatness thrust upon, you so step up to the plate my good man!

Date is 4th of August according to the concensus - Time? Locale? Plans? Foul weather options?

Good god man what am I your mum?

yes it's the 4th and the local is the Roebuck, time is usually 1pm ish - as for foul weather options ....tsk!

shame on you for even asking #5 & #9
  • itboffin
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Shirley it's the Roebuck at Richmond Park like before? If foul weather, just wander inside throwing out any regulars/visitors. Simples, ent 8)

wot she said ^

Jeez these young-uns
  • SimonAH
    I do apologise, us yokels y'see, we crave a little direction (MsMancuia, that is not an invitation to get all BDSM mediaval on our asses. Unless you want to. Mistress.)

• roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Pub is this one http://www.taylor-walker.co.uk/pub-food/roebuck-richmond/pid-S5628

which is here, http://goo.gl/maps/LvcF

nearest train/tube is Richmond which is a walk up the hill, nearest free car parking is RP pembroke lodge.

if it's wet well go in the pub?

and now I shall see if sleep is forthcoming....
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I'm free that weekend - might go and do some miles in the morning and finish off at the Roebuck.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I've got my special Olympic travelcard so I'll be able to swan around London in my own personal underground train on the 4th. I'm expecting the Olympic experience to be that good.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • mr_ribble
    mr_ribble Posts: 1,068
    Given I live 400 metres away .. it would be rude not to:)
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Just as well we chose 4th August.

IMAG0624.jpg
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • SimonAH
    Closure signs are advisory only for cyclists, did you not know that?

• Anonymous
    4th Aug is the last day of the Strava Boxhill challenge.....(I think)
  • veronese68
    Mr_Ribble wrote:
    If you're going to be in Rio, could you leave us the keys to your gaff?
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Mr_Ribble wrote:

About 400 ft for us, but sadly off for a 400 mile round trip that weekend to pay homage to Mr Wiggins in his home village, oh, and also visit my folks who happen to live there too.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • mr_ribble
    mr_ribble Posts: 1,068
    Mr_Ribble wrote:

About 400 ft for us, but sadly off for a 400 mile round trip that weekend to pay homage to Mr Wiggins in his home village, oh, and also visit my folks who happen to live there too.

Ah a weekend spent drinking benny and hot for you then. And I just realised that I am not even in London that weekend. Not in Rio, but in the slightly more glamorous location of Devon.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    So, it the detailed plan - turn up at the Roebuck any time after 1pm and get p1ssed? I've not been to one of these soirees before so I don't know the etiquette. I'll be late anyway as I'll want a mooch round the Olympic park but I daresay I'll be along by 4 latest by which time I expect everyone to be on the floor in comas.

Also, as it is a That London social cycling do, must I wear my casquette? It's a bit sweat stained....... :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......