Most random celebrity you have seen

1235»

Comments

• el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    At Lords on Friday John Torode and Michael Lynagh were sitting in the row in front of me.
    <a>road</a>
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    Colin Jackson in Decathlon at Lakeside last year. He was supposed to be doing some sort of promo where he raced people at packing up a pop up tent but the shop was deserted (we happened to be in there and noticed him standing around). I got a picture with him and had a little chat. He is a legend.
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • bdave262000
    bdave262000 Posts: 270
    Veronese68 wrote:
    It was his 1982 visit to the Uk, he stayed in the Ponitff house along Park Side in Wimbledon. We were the nearest Catholic School and our class got invited to meet him. I remember queing up with my classmates, he was sitting on a bench in the grounds. He shook my hand and blessed me and said something I cannot recall, didn't do me any good as I still carried on nicking sweets from the local corner shop without feeling a twinge of guilt, never admitted to it in confession either.
    Wimbledon College and Jenkins' along the Ridgeway? Or is there a nearer school Southfields way?
    I remember him being there, don't remember anyone from school going.

Our Lady Queen of Heaven School (Victoria Drive). Wimbledon College was my old school, but they start at 13.
    Fat lads take longer to stop.
  • bdave262000
    bdave262000 Posts: 270
    And another I just remebered. Joey from Friends (Matt Leblanc) in Jules Wimbledon Village on Mothers Day.
    Fat lads take longer to stop.
  • memsley89
    memsley89 Posts: 247
    I met the bloke from the gocompare coffee shop advert (the guy who says "he's only a tenor")
    He bought me a pint, top lad.
  • memsley89
    memsley89 Posts: 247
    Hmm, oh, and Vicky Pendleton and Sir Chris Hoy
    (but now I'm just showing off :wink: )
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    Roger Lloyd Pack, who plays Trigger, was in Manchester for a night out (many years ago now) and ended up in the bar my band was playing in. paid the entrance like a regular punter, had a few beers and got on the dance floor, chatted with some of us afterwards - officially a top bloke

wasn't wearing his blue suit tho
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    At Lords on Friday John Torode and Michael Lynagh were sitting in the row in front of me.

Lynagh used to live 6 doors away from us until a year or so ago. Poor fellow had a stroke this year :(
  • When I lived in Oxford I saw Thom Yorke (Radiohead) waiting for a bus. The man clearly puts his ecological money where his mouth is!
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    I've seen Torode a couple of times commuting south over Blackfriars Bridge. He was on a fancy SS.
  • el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    Gussio wrote:

Lynagh used to live 6 doors away from us until a year or so ago. Poor fellow had a stroke this year :(

He looked a damn sight fitter than i did by close of play :)
    <a>road</a>
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Jim Rosenthal at a baggage carousel.

Richard Hammond and James May at a baggage carousel.

Matthew Pinsent at a baggage carousel.

Phil Liggett in an airport lounge.

Samuel L Jackson in an airport lounge (a disappointing absence of snakes though).

Rory Underwood in an airport lounge.

One of Ant & Dec in an airport lounge.

Princess Beatrice on a plane.

Had a chat with all of them save Rory and Beatrice.

Seen tons more on the telly though. Tons.

No, I do not work in an airport.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Got some more (quite addictive, this).

Helen Mirren in the street.

Bob Geldorf in the street.

Colin Firth at 66 Major's school.

Steve Moyer and Anna Paquin at 66 Minor's school.

Jack Dee (trick or treated his house).

Mark Owen (been trick or treated by him).

Steve Redgrave at the winter Olys (Mrs 66 almost ran off with him).

Graham Bell when he was still competing, in the finishers enclosure.

Chemmy Allcott at the winter Olys - long chats with her & her physio.

Noel and Liam Gallagher and Patsy "Career Killer" Kensit on Upper Street.

Vicky Butler Henderson in Carluccio's.

Elle Macpherson in Tesco's car park (during shopping hours).

Pierce Brosnan in a restaurant in Kensington somewhere.

John Inverdale and Huw Edwards at separate school fetes.

Gavin and Scot Hastings (long time ago).

Rob Newman (Of Newman & Baddiel) in Islington.

BoJo on the pavement waiting to cross the road outside the HoP.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • lockstock666
    lockstock666 Posts: 131
    Gazza in Thorpe Park back in the 90's with his then wife. He waved at our family after getting off the river rapids. I was star struck as a young boy.

Nick Knowles (random - but is he a celebrity?) On a Gatwick Parking shuttle with his family.
  • Chatted to Graeme Obree. But that was at a cycling show where he was giving a talk so not really random at all. He is a legend though.
  • I've seen snooker player Willie Thorne's err......willie!

It was a few years ago in a gym's changing rooms in Sheffield, he'd just come out of the shower. I guess he was at The Crucible for the World Champs.

Made me chuckle to myself in a very schoolboyish manner
    Wind. Cold. Rain. Pick two.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    James May came into the shop at work. People kept bothering him so I stayed clear, I was then called upon to assist as the lad serving him couldn't work out what he wanted. Being an old git I worked it out and we had what he wanted. In the chat we then had he said he'd been looking to buy a TR6. I said I knew this and that one he'd had one of my customers check over but had rejected was so good that they bought it for themselves. He then cursed his poor judgement and left.