Most random celebrity you have seen

Comments

• I work at the Beeb and I'm watching this woman staring out of the window at all the celebs wandering in and out of the building. She's going to be famous in a bit if she doesn't start doing a bit of work!
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    sat next to Super Hans on the tube.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Used to do some work at BMG in fulham so used to see the likes of Christina Aguilera and westlife wander past our window. Simon Cowell of the high trousers too.

Saw Frank Skinner just off Oxford street once. Looked mighty rough.

Not very random but PWEI used to go to our uni's rock/alt night.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    I work at the Beeb and I'm watching this woman staring out of the window at all the celebs wandering in and out of the building. She's going to be famous in a bit if she doesn't start doing a bit of work!

Oi! I'm also peering at the part timers sloping off the tram at 10am when I've been at work for an hour.
    I'm still sat at my desk, will be for another hour, and my office is almost empty!

Do you really work here too?
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • I do believe that Cameron Diaz is stalking me

I've managed to give her the slip until now though
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Maxticate wrote:
    Henry Winkler in the Peacocks shopping centre in Woking (he was doing local pantomime)

Lembit Opik at Euston Station (may have been Waterloo)

Linda Lusardi and Sam Kane at Brookfield farm shopping centre

The bald one off dancing on ice near the ice arena in Nottingham

Johnny Ball at Manchester airport

A miserable Nick Hancock ramming down a cooked breakfast at East Midlands airport.

Matt Damon and Emily Blunt filming a scene from the adjustment bureau at the Statue of Liberty.

She was doing a local talent show round the back of our local Shopping center last summer - i still would.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I once narrowly avoided backing my car into Frankie Howerd, he was stood outside a pub in cheddar, staring up at the night sky.

I was looking into a shop window at Paris airport and next to me was Naomi Campbell.

Was walking on a beach and met and had a chat with Phil off Time Team.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Noddy Holder in The Drovers Arms near Loch Lomond - older than I remember and quite tiny
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    rubertoe wrote:
    Minty from Eastenders used to be a regular outside our office.

Saw him quite often in the Angel Inn in Highgate!
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I've meant Greg66 and GregT in the same room at the same time, I know! I know!

8)
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Martine McCutcheon left hooked me once. I banged on her roof and in return she demonstrated her potty mouth!
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    msmancunia wrote:
    and my personal fave who I "got in the lift with" - Peter Stringfellow!

As a former BBCer I've been told that I've seen loads of famous people, usually just after I've walked past them.

However, on the subject of lifts, I once got in a lift with Alain Robert. We were going from the ground floor to the 5th floor and I couldn't help feeling disappointed at him for being a lazy fecker.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • woodnut
    woodnut Posts: 562
    Linda Lusardi asked me for directions, she's very small, and a sweet and polite lady. And that's all.

EDIT' oh and Jarvis Cocker once in a cafe, but everybody in Sheffield can probably say that :D
  • kevess
    kevess Posts: 186
    Billy Connoly on his bike in Richmond Park waaaaaay back in about 1982/3, also Alexi Sayle, about the same era, cycling down Lillie Road in Fulham wearing his pork pie hat.

Richard Harris in the Prince Albert, Notting Hill.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    edited June 2012
    I've encountered Dwain Chambers twice.
    Once on foot. We were walking in opposite directions, we made eye contact and when I recognised him, I shook my head slowly in disappointment.
    The second time I was cycling and he was driving. He was close to squeezing me on a left turn on a one way system but immediately apologised profusely, very slightly redeeming himself.

One of my brother's friends wrote and sang Ride The Punani and another friend produced it.

Shortly after Richard Madely's arrest for nicking something from a shop, I followed him around the supermarket in which I worked.
    Also in the supermarket, I served Nigel from Eastenders and Sam Fox & her girlfriend.

Jason Plato at Whipsnade zoo a few months ago.

A bloke from some dodgy comedy in a supermarket in Dalston. IMDB tells me the bloke is Rhys Thomas.

I live in London. There are celebs everywhere. Seeing one here is less memorable than seeing one in, for example, Shepton Mallet. I've forgotten most that I have seen.

Do dreams count? If so, Denise Lewis. Many, many times.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Asprilla wrote:
    As a former BBCer I've been told that I've seen loads of famous people, usually just after I've walked past them.

I'm glad it's not just me.

I got accosted by Paxman in a lift once - I was reading some book and he grilled me about it. Jesus that man's scary!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    mudcow007 wrote:
    Was just in B&Q at lunch time an who did i see, on Omar Williams

famous err Adult movie star

can anyone beat that with a random "star"?

In the same genre Michelle Thorne on the Bristol - Bath cycle path and also in my friends shop. Going back a few years, Alison Holloway, before she was a notch on Jim Davidsons' bedpost. Several of the casualty cast before it was stole from Bristol to Cardiff and Josh the ambulance driver opened a friends bike shop.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    edited June 2012
    many celebrity spots but these are a few of the more random ones

Ian Hislop at Bocketts Farm near Leatherhead

John Terry in the Ashley Centre in Epsom one Christmas Eve about 5 years ago. He clearly does his Christmas shopping the same way i do.

Boris Johnson just outside London Bridge station.

Ken Livingstone just exiting London Bridge tube.

Graham Norton shopping in Waitrose Canary Wharf

Cleo Rocos shopping in Canary Wharf
    FCN = 4
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I sat on Duncan Goodhew's lap at Pontins about 1988.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Asprilla wrote:

I'm glad it's not just me.

I got accosted by Paxman in a lift once - I was reading some book and he grilled me about it. Jesus that man's scary!

I met him at a wedding where he was best man. He was perfectly charming.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    I see Ken Dodd fairly regularly, i only live about 5 mins from him

One of my mates is mates with Shay Hendrix too, if that counts?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Got bladdered with Shane McGowan in the Churchill Arms off Kenny High St in the mid 90s and Daly Thompson used to come into the bar I was working in on Fulham Broadway for milkshakes about the same period.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    SimonAH wrote:
    Daly Thompson used to come into the bar I was working in on Fulham Broadway for milkshakes about the same period.

didn't he only ever drink lucozade (remember when it was a lumpy glass bottle)
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I regularly share a lift with Ken Clarke (we share a building)!

(i remember glass lucozade bottles - and it only used to come in one flavour)
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Nigel Kennedy at my local beach here in Portugal, he was buying a Magnum ice cream using his dodgy Londin accent.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Was on a bus with Alistair McGowan this morning.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Met Sean Yates in a French hotel, spotted his legs first, rest of him second! Liv Tyler in a bar in Soho. "Tommy" from Coronation Street on Wandsworth Common (ginger bloke in it a few years ago - only resisted the temptation to shout "Platt, you perv!" at him as he was with his kids), crossed the road with Super Furry Animals, sat a table away from Claire Sweeney in The Ivy, sat opposite Niamh Cusack on the tube (she gave me a lovely smile). Jamie Oliver in Harrods. Loads of others but that's a nice "random" selection.
  • I had a judo bout against Superstars legend, Bryan Jacks when I was seven. It was him vs. me and another lad, I ran up to him and grabbed hold of his leg and clung on with all I had. He spent the whole of the bout trying to shake me off his leg. My mum still says that if the other kid had done the same to his other leg, we'd have had him. :mrgreen:
  • sadlybiggins
    sadlybiggins Posts: 158
    Bernie Clifton in the Isle of Wight in 1984
    Luke Morley from Thunder/the Union outside a pub in London last summer
    Richard Madeley in Liverpool Street Station
    Dave Grohl on Oxford St
    Richard Wyatt of BBC Points West in Clifton
    Kirsten O'Brien of CBBC - er - fame in the Haverstock Arms in N London
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Richard Wyatt of BBC Points West in Clifton
    He was on HTV, not BBC
    Kirsten O'Brien of CBBC - er - fame in the Haverstock Arms in N London

She was one reason why kids TV was so popular with Dad's, or was it her loose cut tops and decent camera angles?

I can add Sharon Davies to my list, she did a school visit for some swimming thing when I was much. much younger. If you're into Scottish music you might have heard of Dougie MacLean, shared a late night cup of tea after a gig in Bristol.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.