Most random celebrity you have seen

Comments

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    SimonAH wrote:
    if Eke hasn't had his chocolate. :-D

if you offer him a cookie he will be dribbling from the mouth like an over excited springer spaniel
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    I almost ran Rich Hall over the other month near the Arnolfini in Bristol

then a few weeks ago I saw Noel Edmonds Whilst I was riding on the south side of Cheddar

Have Professor Alice Roberts (formally Dr) cycling and driving around Bristol a few times and also the annoying Justin Lee Collins, oh and randomly Harry Enfield outside Tesco express in Clifton

Bristol is where its at!
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    It was his 1982 visit to the Uk, he stayed in the Ponitff house along Park Side in Wimbledon. We were the nearest Catholic School and our class got invited to meet him. I remember queing up with my classmates, he was sitting on a bench in the grounds. He shook my hand and blessed me and said something I cannot recall, didn't do me any good as I still carried on nicking sweets from the local corner shop without feeling a twinge of guilt, never admitted to it in confession either.
    Wimbledon College and Jenkins' along the Ridgeway? Or is there a nearer school Southfields way?
    I remember him being there, don't remember anyone from school going.
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    Dustin Hoffman outside a pub in Covent Garden. He's tiny.

Oh, and the Queen at a 'do' at The Palace. She's tiny also.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    Bumped into Vladimir Putin once in a corridor at the Grande Hotel Europe in St Petersburg...
  • pigeontoes
    pigeontoes Posts: 73
    Saw Steve Redgrave 3 x in a week on a ski holiday in Whistler. Each time was either in a cafe/restaurant, no wonder he's put so much weight on min you he's bloody tall.
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    Memories are coming back. Saw Mrs. B'stard (remember that series with Rik Mayall) coming down the stairs in a hotel in Exeter. My wife couldn't stop herself from exclaiming 'eee, it's Mrs. B'stard'. She took it well.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    gert_lush wrote:
    then a few weeks ago I saw Noel Edmonds Whilst I was riding on the south side of Cheddar

Was he in his fake taxi?
    gert_lush wrote:
    the annoying Justin Lee Collins

Spotted him doing the male christmas shopping thing, aka christmas eve at 5pm, in Brizzle coming out of BHS.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    I've been mistaken for a random celebrity. About 20 years ago in Preston a very drunk Irishman was convinced he had bumped, lurched, into Mick Hucknall. He was so chuffed and burst into song, Money's Too Tight (To Mention) in very pisshed pub singer stylee, fantastic! He then demanded my autograph, for his daughter though, of course. Amazingly, he actually had a pen and paper. Well, not that amazing it was a stubby pen and betting slip from a local bookies, classy. Humoring him I obliged and scrawled a message and signature for him and off he staggered, delighted and now singing "If You Don't Know Me By Now", ironic really.

Him being so drunk he probably would never remembered his encounter with stardom nor why he had "The Boys Are Back In Town - Love, Phil Lynott" written on his slip. If he did have any sort of memory it would have been pretty fecked up anyway, considering Phil had died a couple of years previous.
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Ha! I was mistaken for Darius (some pop reality show chappie) in a motorway services and mobbed by a gaggle of fortysomething women a few years ago - and they (apparently) were sober.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,066
    I bumped into this bloke a few years ago on holiday: not sure if he's a 'celebrity'? Anyhow, he'd just left his job a few weeks before and was feeling quite relaxed so he let us take a pic of him with my kid (should keep the PIDH brigade happy :) )

May2007toApril2008031.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    I once played inline hockey vs. Rankin' Roger I guess in the mid/late 90's.

For a while I worked in a petrol station and it seemed you'd see some kind of reasonably famous person on a weekly basis. Joe Absolom, The Corrs, Mark Evans and several high profile footballers during my stint. The most famous person though was Sid Owenw ho asked for the toilet key because he needed to 'drop the kids off'.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    SimonAH wrote:
    Ha! I was mistaken for Darius (some pop reality show chappie) in a motorway services and mobbed by a gaggle of fortysomething women a few years ago - and they (apparently) were sober.

Were they colourblind ?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Asprilla wrote:
    As a former BBCer I've been told that I've seen loads of famous people, usually just after I've walked past them.

I'm glad it's not just me.

I got accosted by Paxman in a lift once - I was reading some book and he grilled me about it. Jesus that man's scary!

But did he let you finish?
    "so tell me about the book"
    " err , yeh, well, I quite lik.."
    "really? Your telling me it's actually readable"
    " ahhh, perhaps on holid..."
    " we are seriously expected to believe that?"
    [The Englishman sits jibbering in corner...]
  • PBo
    mudcow007 wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:
    if Eke hasn't had his chocolate. :-D

if you offer him a cookie he will be dribbling from the mouth like an over excited springer spaniel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anRKT3hYz60&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • PBo
    Ross, Rachel and Monica (Friends) at a theatre. Think it was when they were here filming those London episodes. In the crowded bar at the interval, despite my best efforts to avoid it, I brushed past Jennifer Aniston's arse.

Gordon Brown whilst chancellor, at London zoo.

Ben Elton, leaving a cinema in Leicester square after having been to see "Fargo". (my favourite film ever)

Kate Winslet (swoon- I would happily trade Jennifer's bum for hers). Ok, not actually that random, as it was at the premier of "hideous kinky".

Sophie Ellis bextor in a really busy bar in Camden- it was murder on the dance floor, I tells ya! (igmc)

This is deffo the most random though.... Some years ago, I used to play American football, and used to play against the guy who played "nick the Greek" in lock stock and 2 smoking barrels....
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Jarvis Cocker on a skiing arcade game at Pontins Camber Sands at a music festival there about 12 years ago. Matt Lucas wandered past our cabin later.
  • Big_Paul
    Big_Paul Posts: 277
    I nearly flattened Van Morrison one day when he walked out of Deanes in Belfast into my path, really wet day and he's wearing sunglasses, I wasn't in the best of moods and told him to watch where he was walking.

James Nesbitt and Adrian Dunbar were filming in Belfast and we saw them a few times.

Adele Silva was in a petrol station behind me a load of years back, she's tiny.
    Disc Trucker
    Kona Ute
    Rockrider 8.1
    Evil Resident
    Day 01 Disc
    Viking Derwent Tandem
    Planet X London Road
  • optimisticbiker
    optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
    Canny Jock wrote:
    Jarvis Cocker on a skiing arcade game at Pontins Camber Sands at a music festival there about 12 years ago. Matt Lucas wandered past our cabin later.
    Not really random, but I've met Matt Lucas on several occasions; I know his mum Diane (who now appears on his latest, but arguably not greatest, show) and his step-mum too.

My daughter works for a media company as a production manager in studios where celebs are interviewed for syndicated network radio so she's met just about any celeb that's in London to plug something...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    My daughter works for a media company as a production manager in studios where celebs are interviewed for syndicated network radio so she's met just about any celeb that's in London to plug something...

Maybe you should start a 'Most random celebrity a loved one may have seen' thread then. :wink:
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Big_Paul wrote:
    I nearly flattened Van Morrison one day when he walked out of Deanes in Belfast into my path, really wet day and he's wearing sunglasses, I wasn't in the best of moods and told him to watch where he was walking.

James Nesbitt and Adrian Dunbar were filming in Belfast and we saw them a few times.

Adele Silva was in a petrol station behind me a load of years back, she's tiny.

Plus one for James Nesbitt. He was on holiday in Portugal the same time as me and "invaded my personal space" in a queue for ice cream.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • msmancunia wrote:
    Plus one for James Nesbitt. He was on holiday in Portugal the same time as me and "invaded my personal space" in a queue for ice cream.

Quite possibly too much information there. :P
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    msmancunia wrote:

Quite possibly too much information there. :P

It was a "I'm famous, so you must fancy me" type of standing too close. And I couldn't possibly fancy anyone who'd had a hair transplant. :shock:
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    One of my former colleagues was in a queue for food with Rowan Atkinson at a race cisrcuit. Two girls in front of them were discussing the fact that Rowan Atkinson was racing there that day. Then one of them says "oooh look, there he is." and starts pointing at some other bloke about half his height. They then dash of to get his autograph. Leaving the real Mr Bean a bit closer to his lunch and rather amused.
  • PBo
    Oh, forgot this one - Derren Brown, shopping down those posh streets between piccadilly and regents street.

He was really small.....

.....or did he just make me believe that he was????
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    I was living in Albuquerque in the late 70s and one evening when I was going out for a run on a big field at the University of New Mexico I found myself jogging past then-President Carter and his Secret Service mnders. He had been in town for some fund-raiser or something nd decided to get in a quick run before heading off to wherever...
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Hoopdriver wrote:
    I was living in Albuquerque in the late 70s and one evening when I was going out for a run on a big field at the University of New Mexico I found myself jogging past then-President Carter and his Secret Service mnders. He had been in town for some fund-raiser or something nd decided to get in a quick run before heading off to wherever...

For some reason that no-one has been able to fathom, when I was a small kid (about 4 years old), I started and kept a scrap book of pictures of Jimmy Carter that I had my mum cut out (I was too small to use scissors) from the news papers.

The only thing I can think of as to why I started the scrap book is that his campaign plane was called Peanut One and I think that may have amused me.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    A few weeks agos I was stadning next to Michel Roux, Jr at twickenham eating a pork bap.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    ohh i forgot

Tommy Walsh from ground force (gardening program) showing people how to hammer nails in with a hammer in the Trafford centre in Manchester

that was the day my life become complete
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Stag on
    Stag on Posts: 99
    Margaret Thatcher