Most random celebrity you have seen

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited July 2012 in Commuting chat
Was just in B&Q at lunch time an who did i see, on Omar Williams

famous err Adult movie star

can anyone beat that with a random "star"?
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Saw professor green walking his dog in Fulham on a Sunday morning whilst I was at the lights.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    mudcow007 wrote:

I hope he didnt offer you a sasuage. :o :shock:
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Frank Worthington (old footballer) in Harvey Nic's once.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • mudcow007
    rubertoe wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:

I hope he didnt offer you a sasuage. :o :shock:

eww imagine where its been!!!
  • FoldingJoe
    Oh, yes, Martin Johnson doing the Dartmoor Classic on Sunday.

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • Sat next to Gale proter in the engineer in Primrose Hill, really hard not to stare at her head given her alopecia.

Else, Peter Purves on a train, we ran for the same seat, I got it,
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • optimisticbiker
    optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
    Gordon Burns (Host of the Krypton Factor for 18y, more recently on BBC North West) on the Kurunda train in Queensland, Oz...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • mudcow007
    Sat next to Gale proter in the engineer in Primrose Hill, really hard not to stare at her head given her alopecia.

i thought she had recovered now?

i use to fancy her something rotten when i was a nipper
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Ian Hislop on a flight to and from Crete.

Minty from Eastenders used to be a regular outside our office.

Barney Boatman used to get my bus for those that know Poker players (brother of Ross from Londons Burning and Hendon Mob fame)
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • rick_chasey
    rubertoe wrote:
    Ian Hislop on a flight to and from Crete.

I walked into him by mistake last summer. Too preoccupied with getting lunch.

He's smaller than me!
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    mudcow007 wrote:
    i use to fancy her something rotten when i was a nipper

+1
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Sat next to Gale proter in the engineer in Primrose Hill, really hard not to stare at her head given her alopecia.

Nice pub, The Engineer. Very nice pub.

As for Peter Purves, I bet he swore in anger at missing out on the seat.

I've set you up there, mate, boot it out of the park. Go on!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Ah ha, I'm good at this game!

There was time I saw Eddie Izzard in dayglo and lycra outside Charing Cross, that was quite random.

Or the time I stood next to Anthony Head (Buffy the Vampire Slayer's librarian and the Kenco Man) on the tube, made a lot more random by the exchange with another member of the public: "Excuse me, I recognise your face although I don't know who you are, I'm about to become your biggest fan - can I have your autograph please?" to his credit he responded with a smile and gave her a signature.

I've seen Chris Evans at our Saturday club run cake stop (Fareoaks airport) where we have suitably irritated him that he took to radio 2 to complain (jokingly) about our club taking too long in the queue. Whoops...

I once had lunch with the Gladiator "Nightshade" (I was young and this was very cool!) - she even had her leotard on.

But if we want random, I dare anyone to beat this: I once saw Mr Motivator "backstage" at a shopping centre...
    Nice weather bike: Fondriest TF2 (white/ black)
    Training Bike: Giant Avail (white/ blue/ green)
    Track bikes: Planet X Franko Bianco (white) and 7VRN (white/ black)
    CX: Kinesis Pro6 (sick green)
  • rick_chasey

But if we want random, I dare anyone to beat this: I once "saw" Mr Motivator backstage at a shopping centre...

FTFY
  • McBoom
    McBoom Posts: 78
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    Frank Worthington (old footballer) in Harvey Nic's once.

He complained over the fence about noise at a party/BBQ I was at.

I also saw Tony Hayward the day after I'd watched the South Park episodes about the BP oil spill. I reckon my face conveyed some amusement when our eyes met as a result.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Crap celebs:

Back in my uni days, a group of us chased Giles Brandreth up a platform at Crewe to get him to sign a copy of Viz he was "featured" in. He declined and went to sit in first class.

Saw Sue Pollard making a tit of herself trying to to "wacky" at the till in woolworths.

Obscure celebs:

I used to keep bumping into Roland Gift regularly about 20 years ago. I think he must have been living near me at the time.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Working in the celebrity hotspot that is BBC Media City, I've recently spotted from my vantage point:
    Noah Wyle from ER - v polite and shook everyone's hand
    Tony Bennett
    Adam Lambert
    Robbie Savage
    Kristen Scott Thomas
    The Dragon's from Dragon's Den - complete with tacky Maybach in Theo Paphitis' case
    and my personal fave who I got in the lift with - Peter Stringfellow!
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Or the time I stood next to Anthony Head (Buffy the Vampire Slayer's librarian and the Kenco Man) on the tube, made a lot more random by the exchange with another member of the public: "Excuse me, I recognise your face although I don't know who you are, I'm about to become your biggest fan - can I have your autograph please?" to his credit he responded with a smile and gave her a signature.

I did the same commute (Bath -> London) as Anthony Head for about a year, he was a common fixture in the quiet carriage. Seemed like a nice chap, quite chatty really (not always a good idea in the quiet carriage).

Randomly saw Vanessa Feltz on Regent's street the other day. She looks old.
  • Maxticate
    Maxticate Posts: 193
    edited June 2012
    Henry Winkler in the Peacocks shopping centre in Woking (he was doing local pantomime)

Lembit Opik at Euston Station (may have been Waterloo)

Linda Lusardi and Sam Kane at Brookfield farm shopping centre

The bald one off dancing on ice near the ice arena in Nottingham

Johnny Ball at Manchester airport

A miserable Nick Hancock ramming down a cooked breakfast at East Midlands airport.

Matt Damon and Emily Blunt filming a scene from the adjustment bureau at the Statue of Liberty.
  • rick_chasey
    msmancunia wrote:
    and my personal fave who I "got in the lift with" - Peter Stringfellow!

Filth.
  • Kim Wilde walking back along a country lane from Cat Bells Ridge toward Keswick .... she lives around there somewhere.

She's still as gorgeous as ever.
    Seany

The n00b with the Secteur!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    msmancunia wrote:

Filth.
    Did he make any inappropriate advances?
    Seen quite a few. Used to often see James Hunt walking his dogs as I was doing the school cross country runs. Jimmy White, Ronnie Wood and Gareth Hunt used to drink in the pub I worked in regularly. Once saw Oliver Reid, he was drunk as a lord and swaying slightly. His son was a regular, aspired to be like his dad.
    Derek Griffiths lived round the corner when I was a kid. Loads more that I can't think of a the moment. I normally see them but can't name them. Used to see Uncle Albert from Only Fools quite often around Richmond.
  • Bumped into Howard Marks once on the Shepherds Bush Road (just by the Palais/Library). Asked me for directions to McDonalds which I supplied.
    Walking away, I realised I should have asked him sotto voce if he was holding...... :wink:
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • Ben6899 wrote:

Nice pub, The Engineer. Very nice pub.

As for Peter Purves, I bet he swore in anger at missing out on the seat.

I've set you up there, mate, boot it out of the park. Go on!

and as quick as a flash I replied "don't be Blue, Peter"

Anywho, Yes the engineer, absolute cracker, my uncle used to have a house on that street, he sold it instead of renting it on the cheap to his favourite Nephew.

Only thing that hackede me off they added a charity donation onto our bill and then charged us service charge on it! So key result is that I looked a tight nobber when I then argued to get it stripped off my bill with the manager infront of Gale Porter.
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I was doing media duty at Hillsborough during Euro 96 and came face to face with television's Barry Davies, who asked me where he might find the gents. I didn't know and pointed him down a random corridor, for reasons that still escape me.

A friend once found himself standing next to Raymond Baxter in a toilet in London.

Russell Osman (former Leicester City, then Bristol City) and Neil Lennon have both separately been in my former local in my presence.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Filth.
    Did he make any inappropriate advances?

Haha no. I was quite disappointed he didn't revert to type so I could go all feminist at him. He was extremely polite, and was wearing a beautiful suit. He was very small though - I was taller than him at 5ft6.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • FoldingJoe
    Justin Lee Collins on the train from Exeter to London - he got on at Bristol I assume.

Also saw Eddie Izzard in lycra when he was training for his marathon thing at a hotel in Stoke. Mate of mine was having his reception there and Eddie was staying there for some gig he was doing - came out of the back of the hotel in his running kit to go off for a training run, saw loads of people there, and he wasn't sure whether to turn around and go back or carry on!! Also saw him at breakfast with his family that morning.

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I once had lunch at Telly Savalas' house with the man himself.

(Ask your mum, Rick)
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • FoldingJoe
    Rapid celeb spot - walking down St Martin's Lane once and saw Antony (Geordie knobber who won Big Brother, I think) and then Jim Carver from The Bill, all within about 200 yards of each other.

• gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Elton John coming off stage in Philadelphia, swearing at all and sundry