Most random celebrity you have seen

Comments

• sadlybiggins
    sadlybiggins Posts: 158
    Good point re the channel - excitement got to me I'm afraid (and I left Bristol a long time ago)
  • I've danced with a man, who's danced with a girl, who's danced with the Prince of Wales

Also seen most of the Man Utd team at er Old Trafford.

Not sure I've got the hang of this game yet.....
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Walked into Claudia Schiffer in Geneva Airport, quite literally bumped into her, she is really tall and walks real fast.....
    Her 'bodyguard' that was carrying the Louis Vuitton luggage gave me a stern look, not quite a stern as the look that my girlfriend gave me though....

I also walked into Dave Navarro, guitar player for Janes Addiction, in Voltage Guitars in Los Angeles, he is really short and wide, I trapped him in the door to the shop....he was cool about it.

I stayed in the room where John Frusciante stayed while he was off his head after leaving the Red Hot Chili Peppers for the first time, he had burned his house down by accident and holed up at Chateau Marmont in LA.

I have also played John Frusciantes 1962 Fender Strat guitar through his JCM800 25/50 jubilee amp.....

Seen Jarvis Cocker and family twice at Bristol airport, he dresses like that all the time!

Ate dinner next to Haydn Christienson (Darth Vader junior)....Chateau Marmont in LA

Went swimming with Stacey Travis (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006826/) on Santa Monica beach - she smokes and likes pizza, had her phone number too!

Was bought a drink by Blaze Bailey while he was affiliated to Iron Maiden - Blaze Bailey is teetotal.....

I had Kurt Cobains set list from a gig from before the release of Nevermind, small gig at the Waterfront in Norfolk.....I was at the front and bumped into him loads. Hand written set list + notes were stolen when I was in a shared house.

My Ex went to school with Adam Horowitz (Adrock) of the Beastie Boys fame.

Sat next to Carol Voderman in coffee number 1 in Clifton in Bristol.

I played guitar for a couple of boy bands - met them, don't remember their names; did a few big gigs.....

Danced with Jessica Simpson in Cafe Wha, NYC - I had no idea it was her, only when the band pointed her out to the entire crowd!

Got pushed over by the rapper 'Biscuit' from the band Snap (I have the power) - in a club in Finland.....He is f*cking massive!

Seen Eddie Izzard about a fair bit when in London.....

I have seen Cathy Barry in Sainsburys in Emersons Green in Bristol, she lives on Cock Road in Bristol, apparently, suggest you google Cathy Barry.....I wrote to her asking if she would open a new rowing club building as a local celeb - I did not get a response.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    gtvlusso wrote:
    I have seen Cathy Barry in Sainsburys in Emersons Green in Bristol, she lives on fool Road in Bristol, apparently, suggest you google Cathy Barry.....I wrote to her asking if she would open a new rowing club building as a local celeb - I did not get a response.

I believe that she is familiar with the person mentioned in the OP. :shock:
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    Funny one about 25 years ago. David Frost was in front of us going into a posh restaurant in London. The maitre d' was making a bit of a fuss of him. He then spotted my Dad stood behind DF, dropped the celeb and greeted my old man like a long lost friend. Got a waiter to take DF to his table whilst the maitre d' attended to us personally.
    David Frost kept looking over trying to work out who we were. He obviously didn't know that my Dad used to go in there a lot when he worked for a big publishing firm so the man was obviously hoping to get him to return more often.
    Didn't see it myself but my Dad saw Peter Sellers in Mr Chow's. The waiters were obviously trying not to stare at him, so he struggled to get their attention. He eventually stood on a chair, waved a napkin with one hand and put his other hand to his mouth and whistled very loudly. He got served pretty quickly then.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Living and working in London, I invariably see quite a few. You can make your own minds up how crap/stellar/z-list/a-list they are. :)

Walking through to Piccadilly Circus from Soho (just been to Fresh n Wild, natch) - two separate occasions: Marc Almond and the stuffy one out of "Vicar of Dibley".

Euston Road, walking to Regent's Park to wind down after work: Louis Theroux nodding away on a town bike.

A couple of streets along from where we live: Rich Fulcher aka Bob Fossil of Mighty Boosh fame.

In one of the local pubs: Noel Fielding (Rich's mate).

Coming out the expensive furniture shop on TCR: big Swiss fella who played at the back for Arsenal (Senderos?).

Walking along Kentish Town Road: Jenny Eclair.

Spotted through the window while having dinner in the Garden Gate in Hampstead - walking along with a filly: Russell Brand.

At Kentish Town city farm, with his fiancé and daugher: Carl Barat aka the non-grey-skinned one from the Libertines.

Last but not least, I lent him a light while stoon on Newport Beach boardwalk: Alec Baldwin.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    gtvlusso wrote:
    I have seen Cathy Barry in Sainsburys in Emersons Green in Bristol, she lives on fool Road in Bristol, apparently, suggest you google Cathy Barry.....I wrote to her asking if she would open a new rowing club building as a local celeb - I did not get a response.

Google Maps can't find Fool Road Bristol :lol: I met her one night in Seymours where she was ahem 'dancing'
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Favourite and most regular are Norman and Zoe Cook. A few of us windsurf off of the beach immediately adjacent to their house. They are very, very nice people.

Loads through sailing. Most of the McLaren boys at various stages in the past decade or so (Boss sponsorship means that they have to go on boats occasionally with other Boss sponsored peeps), various of the Murdoch clan, King Juan Carlos of Spain, various Princes/Sultans from the Middle East, lots of other sports people who either like sailing or are obliged to do it for PR!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • sadlybiggins
    sadlybiggins Posts: 158
    I forgot to mention Paul Merton on the train to Godalming or, if that's not rock n' roll enough, James Dean Bradfield of the Manics in the 1st class section of the train to Paddington
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    Erik Estrada - the guy from the early 80's TV series CHiPS (who what?) at a hotel in New Orleans

Long live wiKapedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik_Estrada
  • Stag on
    Stag on Posts: 99
    Richard Ayoade (mighty boosh, IT crowd, director of the excellent film Submarine) twice on public transport. Once outside Waterloo getting on a bus, then in London Bridge tube station. I think he thinks I am stalking him. I could not help grinning at him but didnt say anything.
  • Flyingbogey
    Flyingbogey Posts: 352
    The large ginger youth from Grangehill 'the Zammo years', on the northern line in 1992. Looks like he was a builder or similar. Also I keep seeing Punt from Punt and Dennis, around Wimbledon and Waterloo. Finally I bored 'smokin' Joe Lydon (rugby league star) to within an inch of his life, telling him how much I loved him in a pub in Twickenham. He was really good though, really good.
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4
  • erm where to start,
    andy jameson (olympic swimmer)
    Peter Bowles (from to the manner born)
    Darhyl Hanna
    Teddy Sheringham
    one of the james bond baddies either from goldeneye or the one before/after
    Pete Waterman
    Steps
    Lyndsey Dawn Mckenzie (had a couple of things going for her )
    Alma from Corrie (two weeks ago)
    Linford Christie
    JK
    the old Conservative PM (shared a lift with him and bodyguards)
    Martin Jol
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • gtvlusso
    Thats a point - I saw JK from Jamiroquai at the snowdome in Tamworth once......I only realised it was him when I went out to the car park and saw an Aston Martin V8, reg plate was JK's initials.....
  • bdave262000
    bdave262000 Posts: 270
    Justin Lee Colins (see him loads around TCR)
    Joey Barton (on his mobile probably tweeting outside Goodge St Station)
    Paul Merton (around Fitzrovia, see him so much we are on nodding terms)
    Rickeee from Eastenders, bowling into some nightclub like he was King Dong.
    Anabel Croft (I used to serve her when I worked in Safeways for my Saturday job, a very nice lady)
    Andre Agassi (poking his head through through the sun roof of a limo whilst driving through Wimbledon Village, Tom Hanks style in Big)
    Eddie Izzard (loads of times in Covent Garden)
    Trevor McDoghnut (10 O'clock news)
    Sir Steve Redgave (miserable T***er)
    Shook hands with Pope John Paul II when I was 6 (Didn't really know who he was at the time).
    John Major
    Fat lads take longer to stop.
  • jonomc4
    here's a boast - I have seen quite a few famous people recently because my youngest son is an actor and been in an upcoming new film :) - boast over.
  • gtvlusso
    Shook hands with Pope John Paul II when I was 6 (Didn't really know who he was at the time).

You win!!!! Tops everyone!
  • gtvlusso wrote:

no way I have seen Elvis eating a burger just last week in the local burger king :shock:
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    jonomc4 wrote:
    here's a boast - I have seen quite a few famous people recently because my youngest son is an actor and been in an upcoming new film :) - boast over.
    jonomc4, boasting? Never!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • bdave262000
    bdave262000 Posts: 270
    gtvlusso wrote:

It was his 1982 visit to the Uk, he stayed in the Ponitff house along Park Side in Wimbledon. We were the nearest Catholic School and our class got invited to meet him. I remember queing up with my classmates, he was sitting on a bench in the grounds. He shook my hand and blessed me and said something I cannot recall, didn't do me any good as I still carried on nicking sweets from the local corner shop without feeling a twinge of guilt, never admitted to it in confession either.
    Fat lads take longer to stop.
  • jonomc4
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    jonomc4 wrote:

Your not still smarting over my fast ride into work are you ;) are you going to be demanding evidence for this as well/
  • EKE_38BPM
    jonomc4 wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    jonomc4 wrote:

Your not still smarting over my fast ride into work are you ;) are you going to be demanding evidence for this as well/

Nah, even if you did do it (which no one thinks you did), you RLJd so it wouldn't count anyway.

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    jonomc4 wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    jonomc4 wrote:

Nah, even if you did do it (which no one thinks you did), you RLJd so it wouldn't count anyway.

The film and your son can easily be proved. Although as EKE says the ride doesnt count.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • EKE_38BPM
    rubertoe wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    jonomc4 wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    jonomc4 wrote:

The film and your son can easily be proved. Although as EKE says the ride doesnt count.

Whoa there. I don't think he's suggesting a paternity test. Its just a coincidence that his son looks so similar to the milkman.

• extrusion
    extrusion Posts: 247
    Well it seems easy to spot famous people if you live in London.

Myself I saw Bob Carolgees when i was queuing for the log flume on a school trip to Alton Towers. He didn't have Spit the dog with him, and it didn't occur to us to spit on him as he walked off till later.

Mark Lamarr walking through Leicester with a mate, think he had a gig that night.

I didn't see him but apparently Russell Crowe was in market harborough a few weeks ago and popped into the local bike shop to get a bike and go for a ride up the Brampton Valley Way (this is a disused railway not a euphemism!).
  • jonomc4
    edited July 2012
    Ok I'll bite.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Jack Charlton in Asda.
  • EKE_38BPM
    jonomc4 wrote:
    Ok I'll bite.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=34337

My son is the kid in the second half of the trailer - the one being help by K K and in the maze (about 1.40 onwards) - not a major part but hey like the ride time - it's true. Just a bit sad the tone you are now taking, I thought this was supposed to be light hearted. But hey judge everyone by your level and carry on.
    Yup, he looks just like the milkman!

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    jonomc4 wrote:
    Ok I'll bite.

My son is the kid in the second half of the trailer - the one being help by K K and in the maze (about 1.40 onwards) - not a major part but hey like the ride time - it's true. Just a bit sad the tone you are now taking, I thought this was supposed to be light hearted. But hey judge everyone by your level and carry on.

Eke, you just play nice y'hear.

Jono, don't take us to heart - this is a nice place (and with the exception of a coupla twunts, mostly banned) we're all friendly people. Expect a little ribbing now and then though! Especially if Eke hasn't had his chocolate. :-D
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    jonomc4 wrote:
    Ok I'll bite.

Eke, you just play nice y'hear.

Jono, don't take us to heart - this is a nice place (and with the exception of a coupla twunts, mostly banned) we're all friendly people. Expect a little ribbing now and then though! Especially if Eke hasn't had his chocolate. :-D
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.