Cavendish fall from style

1235»

Comments

• greentea
    greentea Posts: 180
    61989_10151060929353247_1905844920_n.jpg

Why do i always think of Fred West when i look at Cav?
  • tom3
    tom3 Posts: 287
    greentea wrote:

Getting funny looks in the office now for laughing out load and spitting coffee on my keyboard!!!!
  • Squaggles
    Squaggles Posts: 875
    You've got nice legs frenchfighter , do you have any more pics ?

If you've got white shoes you need to clean them , that's why I don't have white shoes
    The UCI are Clowns and Fools
  • edit
    Contador is the Greatest
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Squaggles wrote:
    You've got nice legs frenchfighter , do you have any more pics ?

If you've got white shoes you need to clean them , that's why I don't have white shoes

I've always thought white socks look better if they're white too. :wink:
  • Have you not got anything better to say for yourself? Maybe a photo relevant to the thread would be a start.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,688
    Frenchie, do you ever lighten up and enjoy a joke? The world is far more enjoyable when you do in my experience.
  • I can take a joke about myself - 100% certain of that. It gets tiring though when there are threads all about something else and then these posters only contribute to talk about something negative. It happens frequently.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Anyway back to what I wanted to post above.

Cavendish has appeared to get back on the style track since leaving Sky. Going to see some super shots of him this year.

61200c2a-7637-4de2-88df-97c755894cc0_zpsbc88461d.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • pat1cp
    edited February 2013
    :roll: Grow up

I have one little poke at you, with a winking emotion thingy and you go all offensive.

Meantime, you've spent seven pages describing "Cavendish fall from style".

If you dish it out be prepared to have a bit flung your way.
  • Just read my last few posts again. All the response you need is there.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Frenchie, plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose *sigh* :(
  • pat1cp
    What ?

Oh, I see. Now his socks are whiter than yours again everything's groovy ??

I'm sure he'll be pleased.
  • Frenchie, plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose *sigh* :(

Exactement monsieur.

How do you like the Cav shoe/sock combo?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    How do you like the Cav shoe/sock combo?

I think it looks very nice actually. Understated, but nice. I think the design of the Specialized shoes in particular makes the look.
  • Yeah its classy without logos everywhere.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • How do you like the Cav shoe/sock combo?

I don't like the Spesh shoes with the little dial. I don't know why, its completely irrational, I just don't like the dial. There is perhaps too much leather with no break-up that you get with straps. But Cav's are better than Boonen's. With Boonen's I don't like the white/white with no slight change of shade to break up the shoe and sock. Does that make sense? A little darker cream/grey/black around the edge (Cav's have a black trim) of the shoe is more pleasing otherwise you tend to get ill-defined ankles.

Discussing shoe/sock style is a great work avoidance tactic! :D
    Correlation is not causation.
  • I agree with you both - the 'dial' isn't the best. I'm not overly fussed about it though.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • I got a pair of last years (pre Belgian flag issue) Gilbert-style DMTs and the dial is my least favorite bit of them, I wasn't so bothered until I put overshoes on them and saw how much it sticks out.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • I got a pair of last years (pre Belgian flag issue) Gilbert-style DMTs and the dial is my least favorite bit of them, I wasn't so bothered until I put overshoes on them and saw how much it sticks out.
    A good point and one not solely related to style but also practicality. The adjustable buckle on my shoes sticks out so far that it is very hard to get overshoes off when you get home and your hands are cold, you're getting progressively colder as the wet sweat kicks in and your sugar levels are low. Additionally you are having to try and take them off in the tiny drafty hallway of your flat because you cannot carry your bike up three flights of incredibly steep Dutch stairs with your cleats on. Well you can but the last time you did it you nearly killed yourself when you got tangled up with your neighbours dog. All in all I have been known to get a little 'emotional' with my overshoes. :cry:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,396
    because you cannot carry your bike up three flights of incredibly steep Dutch stairs with your cleats on. Well you can but the last time you did it you nearly killed yourself when you got tangled up with your neighbours dog. All in all I have been known to get a little 'emotional' with my overshoes. :cry:

Hah! I know exactly what you mean! I ve broken 2 cleats doing that and I'm only on the first floor!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • pat1cp
    Sorry Frenchie, you're right. I apologise. :oops:

I was having a rubbish day at work, my 18 month old daughter has got a really bad eye infection, screaming temperature and has been crying for three days pretty much non-stop. But my wife managed to smuggle her through the nursery door this morning because she had an important meeting to attend.

My five year old son was stranded at school, but he enjoys the outdoors, it's ok........

But at the end of the day, you're right, "Cavendish fall from Style"! (Is that English with a French cyber accent?)

But, I'm also really pleased that you're impressed with his new white socks, they look ace......
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    greentea wrote:

Me too. See Page 10 of this:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12685043&hilit=pro+look+alikes&start=180

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • pat1cp wrote:

I was having a rubbish day at work, my 18 month old daughter has got a really bad eye infection, screaming temperature and has been crying for three days pretty much non-stop. But my wife managed to smuggle her through the nursery door this morning because she had an important meeting to attend.

My five year old son was stranded at school, but he enjoys the outdoors, it's ok........

But at the end of the day, you're right, "Cavendish fall from Style"! (Is that English with a French cyber accent?)

But, I'm also really pleased that you're impressed with his new white socks, they look ace......

I hope you are not being sarcastic! There is nothing personal, I just happened to be a bit tetchy at that point. I hope all is well soon with you and yours soon.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp wrote:

I hope you are not being sarcastic! There is nothing personal, I just happened to be a bit tetchy at that point. I hope all is well soon with you and yours soon.

Facts are as stated, but there was a little sarcasm. :cry:
  • Keep up the good work FF , if you don't want people to admire your legs then don't post a pic :wink:
    The UCI are Clowns and Fools
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.