Cavendish fall from style

Comments

• Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    the suits on the 1st page

the bottom 2 he is wearing a belt. Trs should hang from the shoulders not the waist.

That Farenese Vini strip is the bollocks.

As for bad suits can someone put up the pic of pip's wedding suit now that's a war crime

x610.jpg
    phil_patricia_trouw.jpg?0.16244962261568213

Wow! that is spectacularly awful!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,396
    He's got an extraordinarily craggy face for one so young has nt he... (Gilbert I mean)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Roll up roll up, buy your Cav socks here...

Cavendish_Mark_RTPSocks12.jpg
    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12005 ... -Play.aspx
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    ddraver wrote:
    He's got an extraordinarily craggy face for one so young has nt he... (Gilbert I mean)
    I remember reading a short thing somewhere that talked about how pro athletes usually look about 10 years older than they really are. Stress from pushing themselves to the limit all the time being the main culprit in age accelleration.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Cavendish should have pushed him away..worlds champions should be able to climb a hill unaided
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Roll up roll up, buy your Cav socks here...

Cavendish_Mark_RTPSocks12.jpg
    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12005 ... -Play.aspx

do they have a picture of Mark with someone running behind him pushing him?
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    ddraver wrote:
    amaferanga wrote:
    I simply find it humorous that such investment is made in such a literal waste of time, and puzzling that any lycra outfit on a man could ever be part of a debate on style or "cool-ness". On the subject of the actual subject here, I am pretty sure that Cav has never looked cooler than when wearing the World Champion jersey other than when he crossed the line first in the World Championship, white socks or black socks.

Have you ridden 100 miles in your rambling/rugby outfit or do you only ride 2 miles to work and back?

When doing decent rides I do actually wear in-offensive, moderately priced, plain cycling clothing, on the commute the gear described previously is fine and means I don't have to subject the office to bulges that they don't want to see.

Tell them they don't have to look.....

People like you make me laugh. You take immense pleasure in racing past some poor guy just because he's got a team kit on as some sort of cheap points scoring exercise. I bet "all the gear no idea" is your daily mantra. I note you wear Ireland Rugby Shorts, are you an ex international? Perhaps we should put you on the field in a game against pros watch you get smashed to bits so we can all point out "the literal waste of time" in your wearing the shorts.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • I would suggest some of you going out in black shoes and socks. Plain black and shiny shorts and a whack cycling jersey as well as an old fat plastic helmet and spectacles (and a bike to match; wont go into specifics).

Then go out with sweet white shoes and, matching and classy bib-shorts and jersey some quality shades and a lightweight white helmet (with bike to match).

See which kit you go faster in. It matters that there are people around. See how your cycling changes style.

I overtake people everyday dressed like they are in Le Tour - they are not, they are riding to work in the rain with a £500 outfit on getting overtaken by a man in a Northface jacket and Ireland rugby shorts going twice their speed on a £500 bike :D

You're trying to make out you're not image conscious, but feel the need to mention you're preferred brand of overpriced hiking jacket???
  • kfinlay
    kfinlay Posts: 763
    Mark+Cavendish+2012+Gent+Wevelgem+Cycle+Race+ajGT5EBTXK-l.jpg

Personally I felt his WC look is pretty classic looking especially when wearing white socks :D ,
    If it's good enough for Eddy then . . . .

eddy_merckx_wc.jpg
    Kev

Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Frenchie, this forum would be a poorer place without you. Love your photos - keep posting! :)

I know Cavs Nikes are custom made by 2 chaps, I don't think Nike make those shoes for general sale do they? Bit too plain for me any way...

Those Nikes look like the ones Armstrong used. They were selling them to the general public a couple years ago.

Yeah, but Nike never made them - afaik they just licensed their name to someone who made bike shoes.

Got a pair of the mtb ones sitting here for sale. Look just like those ones but with a spd sole and some tread. Great commuting shoes - just too narrow for me. (size 44 if anyone's interested).
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • frenchfighter
    408889_10150517134222099_2027106846_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    392076_10150522840955281_1465118138_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    316832_10100734337463912_1079782336_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    What's Liz Hatch doing in Cervo Rosso kit?
  • frenchfighter
    Another thing to bear in mind is that the cooler you or cyclists look, the more people will try the sport out.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    This photo brought me back to this thread with a big LOFL

304486_991573477159_951775713_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Nike shoes - always crap.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • Yellow Peril
    This photo brought me back to this thread with a big LOFL

Totally bad taste from "Ulrich" wearing the Maillot Jaune with green handlebar tape.
    @JaunePeril

• This photo brought me back to this thread with a big LOFL

Totally bad taste from "Ulrich" wearing the Maillot Jaune with green handlebar tape.

Is that really the problem? Isn't it that he's being pushed by a guy on a mountain bike! :shock:

(Actually, who cares. He's out riding a bike, good for him!)
  • Yellow Peril
    Madison for beginners?
    @JaunePeril

• RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Frenchie, this forum would be a poorer place without you. Love your photos - keep posting! :)

I know Cavs Nikes are custom made by 2 chaps, I don't think Nike make those shoes for general sale do they? Bit too plain for me any way...

3 chaps :roll:
  • RideOnTime
    Part of that is probably the bit of cycling folk lore than you shouldn't expend any energy that you don't have to, and also that shaving your face before a big race somehow robs you of a bit of "go".

what...
  • RideOnTime
    You don't need to! All this fashion stuff's a bit of fun. He posted a picture of himself (tensed) in this year's full QS kit! Complete with white bike shoes!

073.jpg

Shoes need a clean and a *FAIL* with the socks.
    size 18
  • RideOnTime

I overtake people everyday dressed like they are in Le Tour - they are not, they are riding to work in the rain with a £500 outfit on getting overtaken by a man in a Northface jacket and Ireland rugby shorts going twice their speed on a £500 bike :D

:lol::lol::lol:
  • RideOnTime
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    Could someone please explain to me some basic style tips

I get that black socks are frowned upon, mismatched kit.

I've spent a few years riding now in a mix of cheapo kit and black shorts but my wardrobe is slowly improving.

I realise that simply by asking this question I will by default never be cool but god loves a tryer.

yep,
    buys his jeans at George...
  • RideOnTime
    kfinlay wrote:
    Mark+Cavendish+2012+Gent+Wevelgem+Cycle+Race+ajGT5EBTXK-l.jpg

Personally I felt his WC look is pretty classic looking especially when wearing white socks :D ,
    If it's good enough for Eddy then . . . .

eddy_merckx_wc.jpg

cool bike Eddy...
  • RideOnTime

someone's written on her arm...
  • velohutts
    velohutts Posts: 288
    RideOnTime wrote:

someone's written on her arm...

that look's nice , wonder how the ride is ?
    Enigma Esprit Di2 - Go tI ! Summer !
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    61989_10151060929353247_1905844920_n.jpg
  • Nick Fitt
    Nick Fitt Posts: 381
    392076_10150522840955281_1465118138_n.jpg
    That right there is style personified :shock: