Cavendish fall from style

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:

*shrugs* I quite like the "I'm French, I work for BNP/SG/Exane and I live in South Ken" look. Maybe it's my continental roots.

He does look like someone who'd get bullied for his style on a proper trading floor. (like the one I was on years ago, where a Spot trader built up a wall of files so he, as he told the guy sitting over from him "wouldn't have to look at his f'ing face" - Fun times)
    :lol:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    the suits on the 1st page

the bottom 2 he is wearing a belt. Trs should hang from the shoulders not the waist.

That Farenese Vini strip is the bollocks.

As for bad suits can someone put up the pic of pip's wedding suit now that's a war crime

x610.jpg
    phil_patricia_trouw.jpg?0.16244962261568213
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Jesus Frenchie, none of us needed to be reminded of that horror.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    To be honest, if it was up to me, I'd like to rock some of these looks:

92311LateBloomer_2546web.jpg

51511LucaR_0738Web.jpg

But work doesn't get sartorial excellence.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400

92311LateBloomer_2546web.jpg

I'd always wondered what Frenchfighter wears when he's not wearing his Quick Step kit.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    Speaking of the continental look:

229MRubinacciWeb2.jpg
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    I overtake people everyday dressed like they are in Le Tour - they are not, they are riding to work in the rain with a £500 outfit on getting overtaken by a man in a Northface jacket and Ireland rugby shorts going twice their speed on a £500 bike :D

Not only do you look awful, you think commuting to work is a bike race!
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Could someone please explain to me some basic style tips

I get that black socks are frowned upon, mismatched kit.

I've spent a few years riding now in a mix of cheapo kit and black shorts but my wardrobe is slowly improving.

I realise that simply by asking this question I will by default never be cool but god loves a tryer.
  • ilovebigwig
    ilovebigwig Posts: 118
    Tom Dean wrote:
    I overtake people everyday dressed like they are in Le Tour - they are not, they are riding to work in the rain with a £500 outfit on getting overtaken by a man in a Northface jacket and Ireland rugby shorts going twice their speed on a £500 bike :D

The irony being of course that I don't look awful, and they are good shorts and an excellent smart jacket that is better at the job than any cycle brand. I'll admit, some cyclists look good in their kit but only on the bike, as soon as they step off...Lycra? Really? Bulging in public? Really? Come off it. Let's ask the opinion of some women shall we?

I also only own the Ireland shorts because they were cheaper than the plain ones for sale. Let's make this clear - you don't ride for Rabobank/Astana/Lampres, why are you wearing the kit? Sad, no better than the grown man in the pub with the Chelsea shirt on.
  • Tom Dean wrote:

The irony being of course that I don't look awful, and they are good shorts and an excellent smart jacket that is better at the job than any cycle brand. I'll admit, some cyclists look good in their kit but only on the bike, as soon as they step off...Lycra? Really? Bulging in public? Really? Come off it. Let's ask the opinion of some women shall we?

I also only own the Ireland shorts because they were cheaper than the plain ones for sale. Let's make this clear - you don't ride for Rabobank/Astana/Lampres, why are you wearing the kit? Sad, no better than the grown man in the pub with the Chelsea shirt on.

You forgot to mention that said Chelsea fan is usually hiding a spare ball under his top also!! :D
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Let's make this clear - you don't ride for Rabobank/Astana/Lampres, why are you wearing the kit? Sad, no better than the grown man in the pub with the Chelsea shirt on.

Lots of fans from lots of sports wear their team's jersey. I don't see what the problem is? It just shows support.
  • ilovebigwig
    All it does is line pockets - over the age of 15, no team kit allowed unless simply cheaper.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    All it does is line pockets - over the age of 15, no team kit allowed unless simply cheaper.

That's an individual choice surely?
  • ilovebigwig
    True, true. It's just the constant kit-contests that take place that wind me up...I'll get over it.
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    The irony being of course that I don't look awful...

I thought you came on here to boast that you were faster than the more stylish riders?
  • ilovebigwig
    I simply find it humorous that such investment is made in such a literal waste of time, and puzzling that any lycra outfit on a man could ever be part of a debate on style or "cool-ness". On the subject of the actual subject here, I am pretty sure that Cav has never looked cooler than when wearing the World Champion jersey other than when he crossed the line first in the World Championship, white socks or black socks.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Tom Dean wrote:

I don't go for the pro team kit look, but I'd choose it over your silly baggy shorts and ramblers jacket any day.

You think you look good - let's see a picture of you in said attire then.
    More problems but still living....
  • amaferanga
    I simply find it humorous that such investment is made in such a literal waste of time, and puzzling that any lycra outfit on a man could ever be part of a debate on style or "cool-ness". On the subject of the actual subject here, I am pretty sure that Cav has never looked cooler than when wearing the World Champion jersey other than when he crossed the line first in the World Championship, white socks or black socks.

Have you ridden 100 miles in your rambling/rugby outfit or do you only ride 2 miles to work and back?
  • ilovebigwig
    amaferanga wrote:
    Tom Dean wrote:

I don't go for the pro team kit look, but I'd choose it over your silly baggy shorts and ramblers jacket any day.

No pics on me I'm afraid, but to clarify rugby shorts aren't baggy.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga wrote:
    Tom Dean wrote:

Ah the seriously short shorts look eh?
  • rick_chasey
    amaferanga wrote:
    amaferanga wrote:
    Tom Dean wrote:

I can't rock those. C*ck falls out otherwise.
  • ilovebigwig
    amaferanga wrote:

Have you ridden 100 miles in your rambling/rugby outfit or do you only ride 2 miles to work and back?

When doing decent rides I do actually wear in-offensive, moderately priced, plain cycling clothing, on the commute the gear described previously is fine and means I don't have to subject the office to bulges that they don't want to see.
  • ilovebigwig
    amaferanga wrote:
    amaferanga wrote:
    Tom Dean wrote:

Yep, short shorts and an undershort. Outrageous.
  • cycling5280
    cycling5280 Posts: 279
    Frenchie, this forum would be a poorer place without you. Love your photos - keep posting! :)

I know Cavs Nikes are custom made by 2 chaps, I don't think Nike make those shoes for general sale do they? Bit too plain for me any way...

Those Nikes look like the ones Armstrong used. They were selling them to the general public a couple years ago.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    amaferanga wrote:

When doing decent rides I do actually wear in-offensive, moderately priced, plain cycling clothing, on the commute the gear described previously is fine and means I don't have to subject the office to bulges that they don't want to see.

Tell them they don't have to look.....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    The haters will love this, he looks like a sportive rider in a replica jersey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V50S1AZjuys

I admit I laughed too at 15 seconds in as he began to weave..
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Does owning a 2003 Saeco, a 2005 Lampre, a 2009 Diquigiovanni and the black Lampre kit from 2010 as well as a never ending quest for a Cannondale Six13 frameset count as being a Gibo fanboy?

Thought so.

:shock:

And your comments from earlier, my my!

I nearly got that black kit myself although never pulled the trigger.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey

Love that video.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661

Bernie must have a heart of gold you know....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Does owning a 2003 Saeco, a 2005 Lampre, a 2009 Diquigiovanni and the black Lampre kit from 2010 as well as a never ending quest for a Cannondale Six13 frameset count as being a Gibo fanboy?

Thought so.

:shock:

And your comments from earlier, my my!

I nearly got that black kit myself although never pulled the trigger.

Which comments would those be? Whilst I stand for the right of anyone to wear whatever they like when they rid their bike, I have a fine collection of jerseys, generally coordinate and have a bit of a thing for Etxeondo gear.

I never said I was consistent!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent