Giro Stage 5 *spoiler*

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    If you look very closely, you can see the paint on the road's white line drying..............
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    i think if you look at the breakaway 4, you see how bad it is that you have kit which clashes so badly with your Bianchi in celeste - shocking!
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • If you look very closely, you can see the paint on the road's white line drying..............

For a moment I thought you were commenting on the newly resurfaced condition of the road... :roll:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    ILM Zero7 wrote:
    any news on Ferrari - has he eaten humble pie yet?

It was reported a couple of days ago that he'd apologise to everyone today (as I not so boldy predicted)
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I think there's an incredible stat from last year about an Androni rider finishing in the top ten in every stage.

No DNF/DNS yet

-Cnews
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Based on the stages/spoilers to date, I'm booking the delay on the visit of Mr Sky Installer to the 16th May as a win.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    Getty
    07a0a5b77fee8c9ad24baeb563859f5b-getty-510818038.jpg
    56767ed3dceae89c8138dcac579a1269-getty-510818030.jpg
    AP
    ap-201205100756286140649.1.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,578
    iainf72 wrote:
    ILM Zero7 wrote:

It was reported a couple of days ago that he'd apologise to everyone today (as I not so boldy predicted)

Eurosport just played a clip where Cavendish was asked that. He dodged the question and expressed his annoyance that the interviewer had asked when he had been explicitly told not to. Kelly and Harmon think this means that there hasn't been an apology, but Cav has moved on.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    TheBigBean wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    ILM Zero7 wrote:

Eurosport just played a clip where Cavendish was asked that. He dodged the question and expressed his annoyance that the interviewer had asked when he had been explicitly told not to. Kelly and Harmon think this means that there hasn't been an apology, but Cav has moved on.

Is this more exciting than the racing?

Probably.
  • frenchfighter
    45km
    Contador is the Greatest
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    TheBigBean wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    ILM Zero7 wrote:

Probably.

Questionable, Garmin are pushing hard on the front. Extremely exciting. I'm counting how often the wheel turns in a minute. Stop distracting me.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,185
    Do you reckon the sprint teams will be looking at timing the catch later today? They seem to have done it far too early on Stages 2 and 3 which could account for the messy finishes.
  • frenchfighter
    These guys cant ride up and down mountains for 21days.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661

How dare you sully this forum with your reality FF!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • 'Quiet day on the Giro' antics from days gone past

http://youtu.be/tVskR_l9SHg
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    ILM Zero7 wrote:

Probably.

Cameras just showed shots of motorbikes going round a track as an alternative to the cycling. Producer may agree with you.

Still, cycling is a long game like test cricket, you need to build a innings in order to have the excitement later.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400

You're quite right, but have they done the race any favours as a spectacle in making it so that there is unlikely to be any serious GC shakedown until stage 14? It just makes the early part of the race seem like a rather lengthly preamble.

I'm not usually one to moan about routes, but on this occasion I think they've made a mistake. Hopefully the last week will be brilliant, but at the moment i'm just a bit bored. It reminds me of the Giro routes they used to favour when Cippolini was bossing the sprints.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • frenchfighter
    'Quiet day on the Giro' antics from days gone past

Lol!

A good many great jerseys in that.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • 'Quiet day on the Giro' antics from days gone past

Brilliant to watch...love the newspaper reading!!
  • TheBigBean

You're quite right, but have they done the race any favours as a spectacle in making it so that there is unlikely to be any serious GC shakedown until stage 14? It just makes the early part of the race seem like a rather lengthly preamble.

I'm not usually one to moan about routes, but on this occasion I think they've made a mistake. Hopefully the last week will be brilliant, but at the moment i'm just a bit bored. It reminds me of the Giro routes they used to favour when Cippolini was bossing the sprints.

Did you complain about last year's tour? There were a lot of similar comments at the time, but even Iain scored it highly in the end.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Story for someone - my 30 seconds as a pro Mechanic...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    TheBigBean wrote:

Did you complain about last year's tour? There were a lot of similar comments at the time, but even Iain scored it highly in the end.

No I didn't. I liked it because the first week was a mixed bag of stage finishes, with some for the sprinters and some for the classics/GC guys. You then had the usual two batches of Mountain stages which broke everything up nicely (it's not the organisers fault that most of the GC riders decided not to do much in the Pyrenees).
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    action - the shock of a bend, and they all hit each other
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,161
    Anyone actually watching the race? - Phinney off, BMC down later.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,584
    ddraver wrote:
    Story for someone - my 30 seconds as a pro Mechanic...

Or my 30 seconds as a pro mechanic...

... when I nearly killed the rider by pushing him into the path of oncoming team car.
  • frenchfighter
    You know its pretty funny looking at cyclingnew's profile.

Check this out: http://live.cyclingnews.com/

Then check out the profile on the first page........
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Phinney crashes a lot it seems.

Tour de l'Avenir 2010 he came down hard.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Thor needs a cup of tea and somewhere to pop his feet up...
  • frenchfighter
    Btw, if anyone needs a stream, Rai provide a great quality one here:

http://videochat.gazzetta.it/index_Radi ... smo_Libero
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    LIQUIGAS - you got to love watching this team. Total pros.

Farrar shelled, Hushovd shelled.
    Contador is the Greatest