edited May 2012 in Pro race
altimetria_05.jpg

Gadret's
gadret.jpg
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Can't help but think Cav will feel he has a point to prove today, plus just read on twitter than his Mrs and daughter will be at the finish.

Almost certainly another snorefest till the flamme rouge unfortunately.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,455
    This stage isn't as straightforward as you think as the 20 kms after Cattolica is on narrow, twisting roads that run along cliffs above the coast until Pesaro. Positioning will be key.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I hope Cav wins today. I'm such a fanboi! ;)
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    What times the finish uk time?
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    ukm_05.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Simmotino
    Simmotino Posts: 295

What do you want? Guns 'n sh*t?
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    There's a cat 4 climb 35km's from the finish - surely cav will be dropped!
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • inkyfingers
    Simmotino wrote:

No, but a serious GC stage in the first two weeks would be nice.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    jibberjim wrote:
    There's a cat 4 climb 35km's from the finish - surely cav will be dropped!

Surely he'll get back on with 35km to the finish?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Simmotino wrote:

A suprise appearance from Sharktopus would be frickin awesome..

Bit suprised that PTP wasn't a Cavalanche*.

Do we think the bump before the end will cause problems? After effects of the crash? Or do we think Goss has the beating of him?

*See what I did there? Quality.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • woody1545
    woody1545 Posts: 322
    Bit suprised that PTP wasn't a Cavalanche*

It's an honour to share this forum with you :lol:
  • inkyfingers

Do we think the bump before the end will cause problems? After effects of the crash? Or do we think Goss has the beating of him?

I went for Cav for PTP. Can't see the hill causing him many problems, the crash injuries would be more likely to. I figure that he stayed with the TTT train to the end yesterday so he can't be suffering too badly and knowing Cav he'll feel he has something to prove.

Goss and Farrar to round out the top 3. In a straight up sprint where they are all in a good position I still think Cav will win 7 or 8 times out of 10 against Goss and Farrar.
  • TMR
    In a straight up sprint where they are all in a good position I still think Cav will win 7 or 8 times out of 10 against Goss and Farrar.

On the basis that they are all positioned well, I'd wager Cav to always beat Tyler and to beat Goss 9 times out of 10. Goss is pretty rapid IMHO.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    i have both Goss and Cav in my fantasy squad - i reckon today could be the 1 out of 10 moment, due to the fall, but 1 and 2 in either order would be just fine
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

For me, it was part the injury, one part wanting to he different and one part not wanting to curse him (both my non TT picks have crashed so far). The hills won't be a problem for him unless he's really hurt.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    In a straight up sprint where they are all in a good position I still think Cav will win 7 or 8 times out of 10 against Goss and Farrar.

On the basis that they are all positioned well, I'd wager Cav to always beat Tyler and to beat Goss 9 times out of 10. Goss is pretty rapid IMHO.

^^^
    Absolutely, when did Farrar ever beat him in races that mattered. Farrar had a spell 2 (?) years ago where he looked like the number 2 of the future, but he faded from that. Goss is good, perhaps not quite as good as Greipel, but all things equal they're both behind Cav. Farrar, well he's destined to be one of those that always finds someone better, I think in a bunch sprint someone like Bonnet or Haedo, one of the second tier sprinters would beat him, he's become on of those guys that always fills the 3 through 7 slots.
    PS. Be sure to quote this later today when Farrar wins :)
  • ilm_zero7
    4 out front with over 6 minutes on the peloton
    75km completed
  • frenchfighter
    Today and next three days are over 200km. Saturday should be decently tough and Sunday has got a kick.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    75km completed
    Today and next three days are over 200km. Saturday should be decently tough and Sunday has got a kick.

S'gonna be a loong day.
  • ilm_zero7
    and the 'Koplopers' have 5'5" now.. - this is so straight will they be in sight?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    ILM Zero7 wrote:
    and the 'Koplopers' have 5'5" now.. - this is so straight will they be in sight?

Curvature of the earth innit?
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908

You must be real bored today Frenchie? Of all people to start a 'panflat boring sprint wake me up when theres 1km to go' stage spoiler you would be last on the list...
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    Afternoon troops, just got out of a meeting and the coverage is now on for the final 101k... Have I missed anything? How's Phinney feeling?
  • TMR
    You must be real bored today Frenchie? Of all people to start a 'panflat boring sprint wake me up when theres 1km to go' stage spoiler you would be last on the list...

It's funny, whenever I d/l the Versus TdF coverage on a sprint day I just forward it to the last 5 KM. There's only so many times I can take Paul and Phil blabbering on about Chateau, or trying to explain why a rider has done a particular thing and getting it completely wrong.
  • TMR
    Islwyn wrote:
    Afternoon troops, just got out of a meeting and the coverage is now on for the final 101k... Have I missed anything? How's Phinney feeling?

He called me earlier to let me know he's feeling a bit better, but not 100%.
  • frenchfighter
    Yeah you are right LL. I just wanted an excuse to post Gadret's shoes actually. On second thought I also included the profile ; )
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Islwyn wrote:

He called me earlier to let me know he's feeling a bit better, but not 100%.

Is this a joke or are you close to him?!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TMR

It's a joke mate. Sorry, should have added a ;)
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650

It's a joke mate. Sorry, should have added a ;)

Brilliant.
  • ilm_zero7
    any news on Ferrari - has he eaten humble pie yet?