cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    had a feeling cav would do well. just didn't have the balls to ptp him
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    Are there times bonuses in this race? If so, tomorrow we may see the strange sight of the yellow jersey leading out the person taking it off him.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • gavbarron
    gavbarron Posts: 824
    *mis-post
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Cavendish did win the prologue of the Tour of Romandie back in 2008. Was shorter on that occasion at 1.9km.

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/road/200 ... omandie080
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,535
    I'm confused. How can Cav out TT Wiggins?

He rode on Eisel's wheel until the last 300m and then sprinted ;)

Presumably Thomas' pursuit training for the Olympics would have made this almost a perfect prologue for him. I've always been surprised he doesn't finish high up in short TTs more regularly.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,689
    Pross wrote:
    Presumably Thomas' pursuit training for the Olympics would have made this almost a perfect prologue for him. I've always been surprised he doesn't finish high up in short TTs more regularly.

Bike handling innit.

Trackies only go round in circles.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Going back to 2010 he went top 5 in the prologues at the Dauphine and the Tour, as you said, training for the team pursuit will have been perfect prep for this kind of effort.

Personally i'm looking forward to seeing him back on the road full time next year, I appreciate why he wants to do the Olympics though.

Not sure about him being a poor bike handler Rick, he's done well on the cobbles and is comfortable leading out a bunch sprint and full tilt. Only time I remember him having trouble on that front was when he ran off the road twice coming over the summit of one of the Pyrenean climbs in the tour, but lots of others crashed in the same place so it might have been down to oil on the road or maybe just plain tiredness.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey

Not sure about him being a poor bike handler Rick, he's done well on the cobbles and is comfortable leading out a bunch sprint and full tilt. Only time I remember him having trouble on that front was when he ran off the road twice coming over the summit of one of the Pyrenean climbs in the tour, but lots of others crashed in the same place so it might have been down to oil on the road or maybe just plain tiredness.

*Tongue was firmly in cheek*

As dismissive as I am of trackies I was very impressed when I went to see them, and I quite like Thomas and love Terpstra.
  • inkyfingers
    I realised that when I posted. Was going to edit it but got distracted by one of my minions.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    I realised that when I posted. Was going to edit it but got distracted by one of my minions.

Bastards.

They're conspiring against you, you know.
  • inkyfingers

Bastards.

It's OK, I told them all they were going to get fired because when I arrived this morning there was nobody waiting with an umbrella to keep the rain off my as I walked from the car.
  • rick_chasey

Bastards.

It's OK, I told them all they were going to get fired because when I arrived this morning there was nobody waiting with an umbrella to keep the rain off my as I walked from the car.

That might be why ;).
  • rick_chasey
    Westra abandoned too.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Man, they really couldn't take RichN95's constructive criticism. "Who said that? internet forum people"
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • rick_chasey
    JonGinge wrote:
    Man, they really couldn't take RichN95's constructive criticism. "Who said that? internet forum people"
    :lol:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    JonGinge wrote:
    The only thing keeping Basso going is Iain's encouragement. Go home Basso, stop stinking up the race!
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Hesjedal, stop wasting energy, you donut!
  • rick_chasey
    Has Cav dropped off the back yet?
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Just turned this on. PTP washout?

Strava is not Zen.
  • rick_chasey
    calvjones wrote:

No idea.

The odds on Cav were pretty long.
  • rick_chasey
    Some interesting descending.
  • afx237vi
    I only just turned it on, too. Bunch looks smallish.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    calvjones wrote:

No idea.

The odds on Cav were pretty long.

I took a punt at 25/1. oh well.
  • afx237vi
    Haven't spotted Thomas either?
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Appropo of the TdF, can Roland TT at all?

Strava is not Zen.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    Cavendish was dropped at about 30km to go. Thomas shortly after.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • rick_chasey
    Wiggins in what looks like group 2.
  • rick_chasey
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Cavendish was dropped at about 30km to go. Thomas shortly after.

Glad someone is paying attention!
  • inkyfingers
    Only a complete numbskull would have picked Cav for PTP today....