What grinds your gears?

12346»

Comments

• verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Cycling through a tourist hotspot at the end of a long ride when you are bloody hungry and getting the smell of two fish and chip shops that you know taste as good as you hope they do!! aargh, I was briefly tempted to pretend I was a pro going through feed station and just robbing someone of theirs as I went past :twisted:
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    edited April 2012
    This current fad for saying "I'm liking...", as heard more & more by women who presumably aren't able to commit to saying she does like something, but is instead furtively ambivalent about it and will only admit that for the time being it's ok.

Just say it woman. [It's always wimmin]. Wedding yesterday. I'm liking your hair like that. I'm liking your dress. I'm liking the best man. Gah.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    CiB wrote:
    This current fad for saying "I'm liking...", as heard more & more by women who presumably aren't able to commit to saying she does like something, but is instead furtively ambivalent about it and will only admit for the time being that it's ok.

Just say it woman. [It's always wimmin]. Wedding yesterday. I'm liking your hair like that. I'm liking your dress. I'm liking the best man. Gah.

You MUST be over 35.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Yup. See my post just now in Covers Better Than Original. :)
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    CiB wrote:
    This current fad for saying "I'm liking...", as heard more & more by women who presumably aren't able to commit to saying she does like something, but is instead furtively ambivalent about it and will only admit that for the time being it's ok.

What he says.
    And I'd add to that people who say "Enjoy!" when you accept something. If you want to live in down town Manhatten, just %!$$ off and live there. :evil:
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    [grump_mode_on]

Lazy, unimaginative, uneducated journalists who insist on affixing the suffix "gate" to any topic under discussion, presumably to make it sound "sexy".

Also, the lazy ineffective sub-editors who let them get away with it. :evil:

[/grump_mode_off]
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    CiB wrote:

I'll add "Can I get a ......" to that.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    C0ckheads who use public verges by main roads/roundabouts to sell cars privately, usually shitty vauxhalls that have probably been given a haircut. The council should either crush them or confiscate and sell them to pocket the cash, let's face it they need the revenue (I meant the cars, not the owners...I think :wink: ).
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    people who block bus routes with illegally parked cars, no consideration for people who have to live in the vicinity. Even when allotted spaces are provided for them! Makes me fooking angry i tell thee!