What grinds your gears?

Comments

• jordan_217 wrote:
    Muppets who come into work knowing far well they have a cold/cough/etc and then kindly pass it on to another 10 people. They think they're mummy's little soldiers by battling through and coming to work but all they are is selfish ba57ards!

Second time off in 4 weeks, cough this time so have to lay off from training :evil:

Wow I`ve just been ranting on to the wife about her mother bringing the nephew round ill and smothered in cold last week.We have a baby and since Saturday we have all had the illness.
    Feeling sick, sore throat, head aches and generally feeling weak runny nose etc.
    I was saying next time she or anyone else turns up showing any symptoms of illness are going to be told to bugger off home. :evil:
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    That Jerusalem artichoke, Nick Clegg.
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • 1. Idiots who can't make a right turn without going on the wrong side of the road.

2. People who start a sentence by saying listen.
    should of used giantorangecannon
  • CambsNewbie
    CambsNewbie Posts: 564
    Mikey2 wrote:
    That reminds me!
    11. People who have tattoos and wear clothes to specifically to show them off ( I dont want to see it )

And people with what can only be described as DIY tattoos.. Usually 'LOVE' 'HATE' and football teams. There is a guy at the gym I go to with 'totenham' on his arm. I can only imagine the tattoo artist (and I use the term artist loosely!) was an Arsenal fan!

Oh, and a personal huge dislike are names tattood on their necks. Why? Are you going to forget your child's/girlfriend's/your own name???
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    People who dont use their indicators when driving.... :twisted:
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    And Football...

Sorry that is all. :D
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    People who flag something as OT in an Off Topic forum
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Mikey2 wrote:
    That reminds me!
    11. People who have tattoos and wear clothes to specifically to show them off ( I dont want to see it )

Most tattoos are on arms, legs and feet. Should the people with tattoos wear long sleeves and trousers all year round? When does wearing a t-shirt become merely for showing off one's tattoos?

If you could let me know the cut-off points between function and fronting, me and my girlfriend will be able to adjust our wardrobes accordingly.

Thanks
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    People who'll happily take on a huge debt to buy a new car that'll plummet in value over the three years that they own it and then question my sanity for owning a bike that costs substantially less, but is worth way more than the £99 that these people imagine is the maximum that any decent bike should cost. A bike's a bike innit eh? I got mine from tescos, dinn I? 90 quids, 21 gears, goes like a dream. You're wasting yer money on that fancy racing bike stuff you are mate.

Yeah chief. Feck off. You're hurting my brain with your stupidity and your massively limiting outlook on life.
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Here we go -

Drivers who don't know where their indicators are
    Orange women
    Muffin tops
    My change being plonked onto the counter instead of my open palm
    Cyclists who don't have lights on their bike when it's dark
    Motorists who park out side the shop instead of one of two car parks near-by
    Red top papers
    Tv "talent" shows and "reality" shows
    Motorists who break their neck to pull out then just crawl along afterwards
    Stupid dog owners who still let their stupid dogs crap everywhere
    Motorists who don't know how to use roundabouts. Yes, give way to your RIGHT!
    Telly adverts - Go Compare? Feck off!
    My neighbours
    Morons who spit needlessly
    Taxi drivers who beep their horn instead of knocking on the door
    Television - If I lived on my own, I wouldn't have one!
    Morons who think they are tough because they've had a few cans of Carling Black Piss
    Mainstream music

There is more but my lunch break is over. Tuttybye
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    byke68 wrote:
    Mainstream music

What happens if/when the band you like becomes mainstream?

;)
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Ben6899 wrote:
    byke68 wrote:
    Mainstream music

;)

You move on to the next new thing...

Damn those hipsters :D:lol:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    Got a few to add from my lunchtime trip to the shop:-

1. Women who wear high heels but can't walk in them properly. I was behind one young lady who looked she was going to break her ankle every time she took a step. I should make it clear that women in high heels don't grind my gears, in fact I have a real heel fetish, but they should either improve their core stability so they can walk properly in the things or save them for their proper place (i.e. trampling all over me in the bedroom!).

2. Self-service checkouts - great when they work but an absolute pain in the backside when something scans wrong / is age restricted / has anti-theft device and the "assistant" is too busy talking to their colleague to help sort the problem out.

3. Sainsbury staff asking if I'd like to donate to Sport Relief - yes, I will but either directly or by sponsoring freinds and family. Why would I want to make the donation via a Sainsbury staff member who isn't doing anything in return only to then see some smug PR representative from the company handing over and over-sized cheque on live TV telling us how many millions "they" have raised?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Pross wrote:

1. Women who wear high heels but can't walk in them properly. I was behind one young lady who looked she was going to break her ankle every time she took a step. I should make it clear that women in high heels don't grind my gears, in fact I have a real heel fetish, but they should either improve their core stability so they can walk properly in the things or save them for their proper place (i.e. trampling all over me in the bedroom!).

:shock: Way too much information.
  • Pross wrote:

2. Self-service checkouts - great when they work but an absolute pain in the backside when something scans wrong / is age restricted / has anti-theft device and the "assistant" is too busy talking to their colleague to help sort the problem out.

+1
    Using own bag?
    Yes
    Please put bag in bagging area.
    OK
    Waiting for assistance.
    What? I'm only doing what you told me to do.
    Argh!! x several thousand
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:

:shock: Way too much information.

I don't know - when's the new sub-forum open for business so I can start a new thread (I would make it clear that the fetish involves looking at ladies wearing them, not me wearing them though. That would just be perverted :lol: )
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Pross wrote:

I refuse to use these. If the queue for the proper till is too long, I'll just not bother with the shop. Fortunately, the only places I ever go with self service are Smiths and occasionally the likes of B&Q so it is rarely a problem.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Pross wrote:
    I don't know - when's the new sub-forum open for business so I can start a new thread (I would make it clear that the fetish involves looking at ladies wearing them, not me wearing them though. That would just be perverted :lol: )

What are you calling the thread? "Girls in High heels" or are you going to keep it a bit more open (Girls in Footwear) to allow for the wellie fetishists? :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Pross
    Rolf F wrote:
    Pross wrote:

What are you calling the thread? "Girls in High heels" or are you going to keep it a bit more open (Girls in Footwear) to allow for the wellie fetishists? :lol:

Wellies will be permitted, providing they have stiletto heels. Actually, I think I'll have to call it Girls in Stilettos otherwise we'll have all sorts of high platform type shoes and that just won't do. It will need policing to stop such poor footwear getting shown ;)
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    Aliens who think Washington is the capital of the world.
    Time, goes too slow at work, fast when you're having fun and goes quicker the older you get.
    Not being the tallest in the house any more, my son is now bigger!
    Niggly little aches that don't warrent going to the doctors but are still a pain and interfere with your sports.
    The human body, too many things that can go wrong with it
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    a broken clutch spring ground my gears a while back.
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Ben6899 wrote:
    byke68 wrote:
    Mainstream music

;)

Ditch them! New Order was a good example - brilliant until they done World in Motion.
    Pet Shop Boys were ok until Heartbeat!
    At least I know Folkstorm will never get a major label deal! Check it out on Youtube.
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Rolf F wrote:
    Pross wrote:

I refuse to use these. If the queue for the proper till is too long, I'll just not bother with the shop. Fortunately, the only places I ever go with self service are Smiths and occasionally the likes of B&Q so it is rarely a problem.

I also refuse to use these, Tesco's will have ya stacking the shelves yourselves next and telling you it's some kind of service. :roll:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    Rolf F wrote:
    Pross wrote:

I also refuse to use these, Tesco's will have ya stacking the shelves yourselves next and telling you it's some kind of service. :roll:

I use them, up to the point that something goes wrong . Then I pick up all my shopping, and take it to a normal till, leaving the fecking jammed-up piece of crap for them to sort out.

Strange how so many of these "gear grinders" are motoring related, is it something subliminal in the title?

When you're sat in a traffic jam on a winters night and the bell-end in front has to keep his foot on the brake the entire time therefore blinding you with brake-light glare.

Tom Jones. I would not go to the end of my street to watch him, and with the advent of "The Voice" he seems to be like sh1t in a field; everywhere. I've lost count of how many times I've changed channel due to him.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    byke68 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    byke68 wrote:
    Mainstream music

;)

Ditch them! New Order was a good example - brilliant until they done World in Motion.
    Pet Shop Boys were ok until Heartbeat!
    At least I know Folkstorm will never get a major label deal! Check it out on Youtube.

you lost my vote when you mentioned the Pet Shop Boys..

Try Pig Vomit - probably about as far from mainstream as you can get
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Tom Jones. I would not go to the end of my street to watch him, and with the advent of "The Voice" he seems to be like sh1t in a field; everywhere. I've lost count of how many times I've changed channel due to him.

I am kind of with you on this, he had a good singing voice but when you read biographies of him etc and realise how commercial he is it takes the shine off for me.
  • Buses that travel at 16mph because they're early.... too quick (and dangerous) to pass on the outside, too dangerous and unpredictable to pass on the inside. Especially when they plant two wheels in the (narrow) cycle lane.
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Pross wrote:

I use them, up to the point that something goes wrong . Then I pick up all my shopping, and take it to a normal till, leaving the fecking jammed-up piece of crap for them to sort out.

And now in Sainsbury's if you use them and want the school kid vouchers you're meant to queue again at customer services! Luckily the staff usually get them from the nearest manned check out if you ask nicely.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    Buses that travel at 16mph because they're early.... too quick (and dangerous) to pass on the outside, too dangerous and unpredictable to pass on the inside. Especially when they plant two wheels in the (narrow) cycle lane.

And there's nothing to hold onto? :wink:

The older I get, the better I was.

• Capt Slog wrote:
    Buses that travel at 16mph because they're early.... too quick (and dangerous) to pass on the outside, too dangerous and unpredictable to pass on the inside. Especially when they plant two wheels in the (narrow) cycle lane.

And there's nothing to hold onto? :wink:
    :lol::lol::lol:

Damn these aerodynamically-smooth modern buses......
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain