What grinds your gears?

Comments

• jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    What's the character limit on these relply fields?

At the moment it's that fat no88ber from the Go-Compare TV ads. I tell you what, I'm going to my shed to 'go compare' a pick axe, claw hammer and club hammer, ascertaining which one will terminally shut your fat face up. :evil:

And relax.........
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • sfichele
    sfichele Posts: 605
    The entire cast of Desperate House Wives - AARRRRRRGGGGHHH.....!
  • Fastlad
    Fastlad Posts: 908
    The fact that ive had a angioplasty for a narrowed artery and ive always been very fit and never smoked.

The fat, smoking, heavy drinking, junk food eating, non exercising lazy twats that i'm seeing more and more!
  • BBH
    BBH Posts: 476
    Those commuters who moan, take offence at postings (and continue to look at them!!!) then go and 'tell on you' to get it banned :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    2012 Scott Foil 10 (Shimano dura ace) - in progress
    2011 Cervelo S2 (SRAM Red/Force)
    2011 Cannondale Caad 10 (Shimano 105)

"Hills Hurt, Couches Kill!!"
    Twitter: @MadRoadie
  • joshr96
    joshr96 Posts: 153
    1) People who think they are indie.

2) Indie music.

3) Kids who hang around the skate park 90% of their weekend, sometimes missing school for it in the hope they might get sponsored which is terribly unlikely.

4) People who are complete d*cks to girls yet somehow still remain in a friendship with them. On the other hand there is some kid who is nice to girls, but gets no attention off them because he's "less popular". Not fair.

5) Feminists. Okay, maybe not all feminists, but the ones who haven't got a clue. Most of them are just girls who have just been dumped by their boyfriends and claim they will never be with a boy again. The other fight for equal rights, yet they will simply let men do the sh*tty when there is some because well, "they are the men".
    Carrera TDF 2011 Limited Edition.
    Crossbow Hybrid
    Boardman AiR 9.8 one day..
  • joshr96
    joshr96 Posts: 153
    Oh yeah, I forgot to add:

People who walk on (or let their kids run around on) CYCLE PATHS. Well seriously. F*ck you! I don't ride my bike on your walk path so I don't see why it's okay for you to walk on my cycle path. I nearly hit a few children who had strolled off from their mothers pathetic control over them. She gave me a really dirty look. I was like "what b*tch? They are your kids, on the wrong path, NOT MY FAULT.."
    Carrera TDF 2011 Limited Edition.
    Crossbow Hybrid
    Boardman AiR 9.8 one day..
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    1) People who think they are indie.

2) Indie music.

3) Kids who hang around the skate park 90% of their weekend, sometimes missing school for it in the hope they might get sponsored which is terribly unlikely.

4) People who are complete d*cks to girls yet somehow still remain in a friendship with them. On the other hand there is some kid who is nice to girls, but gets no attention off them because he's "less popular". Not fair.

5) Feminists. Okay, maybe not all feminists, but the ones who haven't got a clue. Most of them are just girls who have just been dumped by their boyfriends and claim they will never be with a boy again. The other fight for equal rights, yet they will simply let men do the sh*tty when there is some because well, "they are the men".

You seem to have a few issues, I reccomend not baring your soul on here because we will only keep on taking the pi55.

Got a girlfriend now, btw ? :)
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Fastlad wrote:
    The fact that ive had a angioplasty for a narrowed artery and ive always been very fit and never smoked.

The fat, smoking, heavy drinking, junk food eating, non exercising lazy twats that i'm seeing more and more!

One bit of consolation for you, 80% of type two diabetics are "The fat, smoking, heavy drinking, junk food eating, non exercising lazy twats", (a disease they don't need to have, and could be cured by a diet!) you should read the list of problems nature has lined up for them in the near future!

I am a thin, health food eating, exercise every day, insulin injecting diabetic (my diabetes is genetic, not brought on by stupidity) and I see people eating and drinking without a thought, when do they think they should stop! it realllly bugs me!

These people need our help, we must hide all the food :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • Fastlad
    Fastlad Posts: 908
    Women in 4x4's who dont work for a living

women in general

neighbours

lazy people

council tax

diesel at £1.43

people who think they are above everyone else

liver

obeseity

shitting dogs

getting old
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    People who keep saying "Correct" when I'm explaining something as if a conversation has suddenly turned into an exam. :roll:
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    People who keep saying "Correct" when I'm explaining something as if a conversation has suddenly turned into an exam. :roll:

sign-tick.gif
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Peddle Up! wrote:

sign-tick.gif

:) No, wait... :evil:
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Idiots !
    Not unintelligent people, but people who don't have the common sense of a rock.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    disc brakes :!:
  • Alain Quay
    Alain Quay Posts: 534
    rake wrote:
    Alain Quay wrote:
    10. British water pressure/showers - why so wimpy and complicated?
    this comment is grinding my gears.

Well, if you guys are going to 'build a new Jerusalem', can I put in a request for better showers - thanks.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    edited March 2012
    Passing a new set of regulations that will cut down on metal theft by only allowing the payments at scrap-metal yards to be paid into the bank accounts of those bringing in the metal.

BUT THEN allowing "itinerants" exemption from it and still able be paid in cash for "their" metal. :?:

We might as well start just arresting people who only burgle houses for the first time, so we can give all those full-time professional burglars a break.

Other countries must look at our laws and just cry with laughter.

The older I get, the better I was.

• 1.) Your on a slip road, about to join a motorway... Give way to the people on the motorway don't just pull out in front of me FFS!
    2.) People who tailgate.
    3.) People who win the lottery and say they will still keep the day job.
    5.) Rush hour on the train.
    6.) Unobtainable women.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    1.) Your on a slip road, about to join a motorway... Give way to the people on the motorway don't just pull out in front of me FFS!
    2.) People who tailgate.
    6.) Unobtainable women.

You're supposed to merge - if the drivers on the motorway are alert and leaving sufficient space no-one should need to give way. Once traffic on a slip road gives way it causes a knock on effect as they need a longer gap to merge due to loss of speed.
  • capt_slog
    Pross wrote:
    1.) Your on a slip road, about to join a motorway... Give way to the people on the motorway don't just pull out in front of me FFS!
    2.) People who tailgate.
    6.) Unobtainable women.

You're supposed to merge - if the drivers on the motorway are alert and leaving sufficient space no-one should need to give way. Once traffic on a slip road gives way it causes a knock on effect as they need a longer gap to merge due to loss of speed.

When you join the motorway you should give priority to traffic already on the motorway (part of HighwayCode rule 259)

• Capt Slog wrote:
    When you join the motorway you should give priority to traffic already on the motorway (part of HighwayCode rule 259)

Capt. to the rescue :lol:
  • CambsNewbie
    CambsNewbie Posts: 564
    Well.. this may take a while..

1) Ed Balls - hate his smug gloating face everytime he critisizes the government over spending cut decisions they have to make. IT IS YOUR LOT'S FAULT WE ARE IN THIS MESS!!!

2) People who complain about the spending cuts. For years we lived beyond our means as a country. It's black and white - there is NO money! Get used to it!

3) Spending cuts when it affects my job, pay and pension. Make the cuts somewhere else!

4) Ed Balls

5) Obese people. It's NEVER their fault.. they were abused, it's genetic, it's McDonald's fault, Cadbury's make their chocolate too nice. If you put more energy in than you use, you will get fat. Simple.Eat less and exercise more.

6) Ed Balls

7) People who buy small cars like a Mini then complain "Well, it's not very practical, took it too IKEA and couldn't get the wardrobe in it I wanted". Well buy a bloody Mondeo estate then! Or buy a BMW M3 with a 4 litre V8 engine and complain its not very economical! Buy a diesel Golf then, numpty!

8 Ed Balls

9) People who drive on a good country road at 40mph then go through a village with a 30mph speed limit at 40mph.

10) Ed Balls

11) 'Celebrities' who have to live their life through the media. 'JORDAN LOVES PETE! JORDAN HATES PETE! PETE 'I WON'T EVER LOVE AGAIN' PETE TAKES A DUMP!' I do not care!!!

12) Ed Balls

13) Tabloid media hypocracy - yesterday in the Sun - One direction set themselves up as a company to avoid paying hundreds of thousands in tax. They are 'smart' and 'being canny' and 'clever'. If a banker or footballer did it it would be immoral and cheating the tax-paying public.

14) Ed Balls

15) Footballers who give bland generic interviews after matches. Tell us what you really think about your team mate conceading a stupid penalty at 90 +5 minutes! And managers who never see their players commit atrocious fouls!

16) Ed Balls

17) Immigrants who CHOOSE to come to this country and then critisize our way of life, values and beliefs. We are a Western European country with the values, rights and benefits that go with that. You knew that when you came here. If you don't like it, go elsewhere.

18) Ed Balls

19) As someone else said, people who pick up dog mess in a bag then throw it in a bush. You've done the hard stuff picking it up in a bag! Put it in a bin!

20) Ed Balls

21) The benefit system. People who have never worked and never will.. how can you take out of a system you don't contribute to? There is only so much in the pot, we cant all take. At some point you have to give back.

A couple of years ago my partner was made redundant. After nearly a year of using all our savings, running up credit card bills it got to the point where we only had one more mortgage payment left in the bank and the house would have to go up for sale. I had already sold and downsized my car at this point. So my partner went to see what help we could get. He had to sit there amongst people who had no intention of working and just wanted their benefits. No lie, I waited next to a girl who said "I can't work, I just can't. Even the thought of it makes me feel sick!" And this was accompanied by dramatic handwaving like she was gasping for air! So she went and saw her adviser and sure enough more benefits went her way despite contributing nothing. And my partner? Despite earning over £100k when he did earn, and paying huge amounts of tax every month and NEVER claiming anything ever before..NOTHING! Because I was in full time employment they would do nothing, despite that my pay didnt even cover the mortgage! We would have been better off if I didn't work and we could have claimed all kinds of stuff. HOW DOES THAT WORK???

22) Ed Balls

23) Mobile phone coverage - how can I have 3G and full reception in one room in my house and nothing in another room??

24) Ed Balls

25) People convicted of benefit fraund of say £35k who only have to pay back £5 per week FROM THEIR BENEFITS!!! How does that work???

26) and just in case I missed him ED BALLS!!

And breathe... :D
  • capt_slog
    Capt Slog wrote:

Capt. to the rescue :lol:

I had to look it up :lol:

• rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    people should still pull right if the lanes free.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    The Traffic Signs regulations use term merge. They outrank the Highway Code which isn't the "law of the road" as some people would have you believe. A lot of traffic congestion at motorway junctions could be avoid if people merged properly.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    A new gear grinder.

Lefties. Always completely obsessed with the idea that only their view can be right, and that any action by a Tory exists only to make themselves & their pals in the city that bit richer. Get yer heads out of the sand fellahs. The record's stuck, and it's becoming boring.
  • manglier
    manglier Posts: 1,208
    Well.. this may take a while..

1) Ed Balls - hate his smug gloating face everytime he critisizes the government over spending cut decisions they have to make. IT IS YOUR LOT'S FAULT WE ARE IN THIS MESS!!!

2) People who complain about the spending cuts. For years we lived beyond our means as a country. It's black and white - there is NO money! Get used to it!

3) Spending cuts when it affects my job, pay and pension. Make the cuts somewhere else!

4) Ed Balls

5) Obese people. It's NEVER their fault.. they were abused, it's genetic, it's McDonald's fault, Cadbury's make their chocolate too nice. If you put more energy in than you use, you will get fat. Simple.Eat less and exercise more.

6) Ed Balls

7) People who buy small cars like a Mini then complain "Well, it's not very practical, took it too IKEA and couldn't get the wardrobe in it I wanted". Well buy a bloody Mondeo estate then! Or buy a BMW M3 with a 4 litre V8 engine and complain its not very economical! Buy a diesel Golf then, numpty!

8 Ed Balls

9) People who drive on a good country road at 40mph then go through a village with a 30mph speed limit at 40mph.

10) Ed Balls

11) 'Celebrities' who have to live their life through the media. 'JORDAN LOVES PETE! JORDAN HATES PETE! PETE 'I WON'T EVER LOVE AGAIN' PETE TAKES A DUMP!' I do not care!!!

12) Ed Balls

13) Tabloid media hypocracy - yesterday in the Sun - One direction set themselves up as a company to avoid paying hundreds of thousands in tax. They are 'smart' and 'being canny' and 'clever'. If a banker or footballer did it it would be immoral and cheating the tax-paying public.

14) Ed Balls

15) Footballers who give bland generic interviews after matches. Tell us what you really think about your team mate conceading a stupid penalty at 90 +5 minutes! And managers who never see their players commit atrocious fouls!

16) Ed Balls

17) Immigrants who CHOOSE to come to this country and then critisize our way of life, values and beliefs. We are a Western European country with the values, rights and benefits that go with that. You knew that when you came here. If you don't like it, go elsewhere.

18) Ed Balls

19) As someone else said, people who pick up dog mess in a bag then throw it in a bush. You've done the hard stuff picking it up in a bag! Put it in a bin!

20) Ed Balls

21) The benefit system. People who have never worked and never will.. how can you take out of a system you don't contribute to? There is only so much in the pot, we cant all take. At some point you have to give back.

A couple of years ago my partner was made redundant. After nearly a year of using all our savings, running up credit card bills it got to the point where we only had one more mortgage payment left in the bank and the house would have to go up for sale. I had already sold and downsized my car at this point. So my partner went to see what help we could get. He had to sit there amongst people who had no intention of working and just wanted their benefits. No lie, I waited next to a girl who said "I can't work, I just can't. Even the thought of it makes me feel sick!" And this was accompanied by dramatic handwaving like she was gasping for air! So she went and saw her adviser and sure enough more benefits went her way despite contributing nothing. And my partner? Despite earning over £100k when he did earn, and paying huge amounts of tax every month and NEVER claiming anything ever before..NOTHING! Because I was in full time employment they would do nothing, despite that my pay didnt even cover the mortgage! We would have been better off if I didn't work and we could have claimed all kinds of stuff. HOW DOES THAT WORK???

22) Ed Balls

23) Mobile phone coverage - how can I have 3G and full reception in one room in my house and nothing in another room??

24) Ed Balls

25) People convicted of benefit fraund of say £35k who only have to pay back £5 per week FROM THEIR BENEFITS!!! How does that work???

26) and just in case I missed him ED BALLS!!

And breathe... :D

You read... ...The Sun??????
  • Pross wrote:
    The Traffic Signs regulations use term merge. They outrank the Highway Code which isn't the "law of the road" as some people would have you believe. A lot of traffic congestion at motorway junctions could be avoid if people merged properly.

In nearly all cases the problems in merging arise from the failure of motorists on the sliproad to use it for what it is there for, which is to accelerate to the speed of traffic already on the motorway. I'm a bit of an eco-driving anorak and tend to cruise at 100kph indicated (about 92kph according to the satnav) and still I'm constantly having to slow down for traffic entering the motorway only to look in disbelief as they dither at 80kph for a minute or two before deciding that actually they want to cruise at 130kph. Does my fecking head in. You can cruise at any speed you like but when entering a motorway match your speed you tw@t.
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    People who go to great lengths to pull out in front of you at a junction and then proceed to travel at 5mph.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    leaflite wrote:
    People who go to great lengths to pull out in front of you at a junction and then proceed to travel at 5mph.

I can just about forgive people stealing into a non-existent gap when it's busy but it infuriates me when someone pulls out in front causing you to brake and you look in your rear view mirror to notice the road is deserted behind you...they just couldn't wait! :x

My own particular gripe today...articles like this on the BBC website http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17429779
    It's why I don't pay a license fee, they can bugger off if they think I'm paying for that sh1t. Tossers.