What grinds your gears?

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    this week is grinding my gears !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    Redhog14 wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Tom Jones. I would not go to the end of my street to watch him, and with the advent of "The Voice" he seems to be like sh1t in a field; everywhere. I've lost count of how many times I've changed channel due to him.

I am kind of with you on this, he had a good singing voice but when you read biographies of him etc and realise how commercial he is it takes the shine off for me.

I most certainly didn't - Tom is a God and to diss him in my neck of the woods is likely to leave me hung from the nearest tree by some middle aged woman's knickers! Retraction please ;)
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    you're your
    too to
    they're their there
    loose lose

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • advice, advise
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I'll raise you a break v brake.
  • peddle, pedal
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Redhog14 wrote:
    byke68 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    byke68 wrote:
    Mainstream music

What happens if/when the band you like becomes mainstream?

;)

Ditch them! New Order was a good example - brilliant until they done World in Motion.
    Pet Shop Boys were ok until Heartbeat!
    At least I know Folkstorm will never get a major label deal! Check it out on Youtube.

you lost my vote when you mentioned the Pet Shop Boys..

Try Pig Vomit - probably about as far from mainstream as you can get

Come on, they were ok at first, especially their 12" singles and me and the future mrs Byke68 met because of them....er....... yeah...right, see what you mean, they've got a lot to answer for..................................!
    If you want obscure music, check out COLD SPRING.
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • byke68
    you're your
    too to
    they're their there
    loose lose

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Newcastle upon tyne - town? toon? tune?
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    peddle, pedal

Hey!

For the record I am a purveyor of "up". :D
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    peddle, pedal

Hey!

Conjugation question..

If you do indeed purvey does that mean you perve?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    tires tyres
    the word adequate
    people who let their dog(s) sh1t on the pavement, cycle paths
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    team47b wrote:
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    peddle, pedal

Hey!

Conjugation question..

If you do indeed purvey does that mean you perve?

Nice trap, but I seen it coming Mister. :D
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    + dog walkers who shiit on the pavement.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    rake wrote:

Yeah it's bad enough when their dogs dump on the pavement.
  • byke68
    rake wrote:

Yeah it's bad enough when their dogs dump on the pavement.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    People who say:
    Pacific instead of specific
    Refuge instead of refuse (waste)

The "can't park" chain reaction - Muppets who can't park their car meaning you end up parking wonky as well then getting the blame from the guy next to you in the carpark when you get back off your train and the intial culprit has long vacated.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Redhog14 wrote:
    ......The "can't park" chain reaction - Muppets who can't park their car meaning you end up parking wonky as well then getting the blame from the guy next to you in the carpark when you get back off your train and the intial culprit has long vacated.

In addition - when you park in a relatively empty car park, well out of the way in the hope your car won't get scratched. Only to return to a still relatively empty car park, with hundreds of free spaces to find some muppet has parked about 4 inches from you.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    jordan_217 wrote:
    In addition - when you park in a relatively empty car park, well out of the way in the hope your car won't get scratched. Only to return to a still relatively empty car park, with hundreds of free spaces to find some muppet has parked about 4 inches from you.

Maybe it's a place for dogging. :wink:
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    jordan_217 wrote:

Was it someone on here who said him & his wife went dogging but by the time she'd parked the car properly everyone else had finished and gone home.

Tut.
  • People who smash glass bottles on paths well know to be popular with cyclists. I would waterboard them with bat urine.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    People who sit in front of you in those dark, winter traffic jams and hold their car on the foot-brake the entire time, thereby blinding you with their brake-lights. I sometimes think that mine is the only car with a handbrake.

The older I get, the better I was.

• jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    jordan_217 wrote:

Hmm, possible. Is it one flash or two once I'm parked?
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Dog Breath
    Dog Breath Posts: 314
    Capt Slog wrote:
    People who sit in front of you in those dark, winter traffic jams and hold their car on the foot-brake the entire time, thereby blinding you with their brake-lights. I sometimes think that mine is the only car with a handbrake.

+1. Lazy feckwits. How hard is it to put your hand brake on. I feel that I too am the only one in the queue that is considerate enough not to dazzle the driver behind me.
    Planet-X SL Pro Carbon.
    Tifosi CK3 Winter Bike
    Planet X London Road Disc
    Planet X RT80 Elite
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    A certain North east based internet bike shop. Ordered shorts, they need to get them from supplier so they re delayed a week and then it takes them a week to get to me. I ordered the wrong size (my fault) so i return them which given where I live takes another week.

They receive them and tell me that the new ones have been dispatched last monday (fine). I ring up today and discover that they have not been dispatched because they are waiting for more from the suppliers...

No e-mail have been sent by them in this time - I don't mind waiting, but FFS e-mail me and tell me these things!!

grrr!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    People breaking and leaving glass on beaches :evil:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • byke68
    Dog Breath wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:

+1. Lazy feckwits. How hard is it to put your hand brake on. I feel that I too am the only one in the queue that is considerate enough not to dazzle the driver behind me.

You're not the only one. I know where my handbrake is and know how to use it instead of my foot sitting on the brake pedal. Is it sooo difficult to use a handbrake? Muppets. And another thing - when pulling out at a junction, look LEFT and RIGHT! And yet another thing - give way to THE RIGHT at roundabouts!

Sorry, I'll get me coat
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • Cubic
    Cubic Posts: 594
    My Craft cycling mitts are designed to be really lightweight and minimalist. But then they go and put about 3 layers of tags, with washing instructions in just about every language, on the inside. So every time I put them on I have to carefully try to get the tags on the top of my hand, so they don't irritate my palms. And I know that if I try to cut them off, I'll end up with some little, scratchy bits!

The most annoying things in the world, ever!
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    People who panic buy petrol....

Get a life you sad sad b@stards...
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • manglier
    manglier Posts: 1,212
    The laundry label on the middle seam of bibshorts that sits right up the crack of the harris.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Motorists that tear @rse by you then apply the anchors 20yards ahead. :twisted:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.