Cyclists For Right Of Way UK Campaign

1235»

Comments

• supersonic wrote:
    To the OP: how do you plan to push this further ie what campaigning, or is it solely a page where you just want people to like, which achieves nothing? If you give me the silly answer of "basically it`s a Facebook page set up to campaign to the UK government to make the UK roads more safer for cyclists" or similar I will ban you. We want to know what else you are planning to do, how you want to achieve it, how you think this page will help, any events, publicity, what FB members can do, what figures and targets do you have etc. Let's have some answers, and no BS.

the Cyclists For Right Of Way UK Campaign is set up not by one person,
    but by every cyclist for every cyclist to put a hard hitting informative campaign over to the government
    to make the UK roads safer for cyclists,

We want to know what else you are planning to do, how you want to achieve it, how you think this page will help, any events, publicity, what FB members can do, what figures and targets do you have etc

the Campaign is not set up by one person, it`s for every cyclist and anybody who cares to make the UK roads safer for cyclists it`s an OPEN community, as it has just been set up things will evolve to move things forward...it`s good to see Fat Face clothing and Specialized women's supporting

https://www.facebook.com/CyclistsForRightOfWayUK

I suspect you've just got yourself banned for yet more of the same guff

simply not good enough, you have to have a plan when you start something, you can't simply abdicate responsibility in this trite and feeble manner. Does Alex Ferguson say to Ryan Giggs, its only the first five minutes go out there and run about a bit until we see how the others are feeiling and lets see how the game evolves.

clicking 'like' and actively supporting are two different things, what have they pledged to do? will they be putting advertising on their sites and Spesh demanding outlets publicise your hard hitting campaign and slip a copy of your comprehensive and welll thought out manifesto into its product packaging? .

Give us details of this Hard Hitting campaign that we're all expected to be part of. Assumedly it will be more coherent and informitive than your joke posting on here - details, details, details. and again I'll ask Why your page and none of the long established and often very professionally run groups and organisations that have established links to government at local and national level and an agreed and published set of aims and ideals that they can articulate in a coherent manner. WHY WILL YOU SUCCEED WHEN THEY ARE STRUGGLING TO MKE A SIGNIFICANT IMPACT IN OUR AUTO CENTRIC CULTURE.

BBC News recently: Government has pledged an extra of £20 million to address the problem of the (approx) 2000 people sleeping rough in the UK That's £10,000 each.

In the same week as this is reported the Government has a debate in parliament on cycling, prompted by a campaign run by The Times, the upperclass paper of choice (The Independent tried last year and fell flat on its face - have you got more publicity resources than them?) and pledges an extra £11 million to address the safety issues of (approx) 1 Million regular commuting cyclists (and however many more couriers, leisure cyclists, people running errands or going shopping by bike, drug runners, competitive athletes in training etc) but lets stick to £11million for 1 million commuters, Thats £11 each.

We can say that both are a country-wide but strongly London centric phenomenon and accordingly London will get the lions share of these monies.

What will your page actually do to persuade Mr Cameron and his wizards at the Treasury to pony up more than the cost of a Ticket to watch one Northern Premier League football match per commuter to improve the safety of something that is nowhere near as dangerous as it's made out to be anyway and why should I in Manchester be bothered, whats in it for me?
  • it`s good to see Fat Face clothing and Specialized women's supporting

How are they "supporting"?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Greg66 wrote:
    it`s good to see Fat Face clothing and Specialized women's supporting

How are they "supporting"?

push up bras?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I am afraid I have banned the OP. We wanted the questions answered in a comprehensive manner. Two lines of badly worded text repeating itself over and over does not constitute a credible answer. You have taken an important topic and actually turned it into a pitiful joke. Your intentions may be good, but lack of answers or ability to discuss points is very disappointing.

And PMing me repeatedly to tell me it is an FB page to campaign for UK cyclists - last straw.

We get what you want, we needed to discuss more how in a more constructive manner. You say it is for us all to discuss and join, we are doing - but why aren't YOU? I see you have posted on other forums, and in a better way with at least some points discussed. I hope the FB page works, but I cannot condone what you have done on this forum and, if you do return, I hope answers can be a bit more forthcoming!
This discussion has been closed.