Cyclists For Right Of Way UK Campaign

Comments

• davmaggs wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    I can't put my finger on what it is, but something of CyclingsFROWUK's style reminds me of another single-agenda poster on this forum.....

+1,000,000 to this.

It is the same old nutty ramblings. I suspect our old forum polluter has just discovered Facebook (which means it is truly old hat now)

quite simple..a Facebook page setup to help make UK roads more safer to cycle on.

https://www.facebook.com/CyclistsForRightOfWayUK

But there aren't any roads on Facebook.

Now I've read to page 3,you're my favourite deluded naive loony troll on here. Thanks for raising a smile
  • Compared to cycling on French, Dutch, German roads..cycling on Uk roads is dire, that`s what this campaign is about to get all fellow cyclists to support and change the governments stance on UK cyclists safety

Needs support to make it work , https://www.facebook.com/CyclistsForRightOfWayUk

Cycling is safer in many continental countries, it's true. Ten times safer in Denmark, for instance. But it's still not really dangerous in the UK, you have as much chance of being killed on a bicycle as winning the lottery. What happened to Mary Bowers is Godawful but The Times campaign seems to be:

"Cycling is great, WARNING- YOU MAY DIE!"

They seem to suffer from the politicians' urge:

"We must do something. This is something, let's do it!"

The HoC debate was far more level-headed, IMO.
  • Mmmm. This thread has everything that is great about the internet.

1. A really stupid OP
    2. Noob-flaming
    3. Grudges between long-standing posters
    4. Foul-mouthed insults
    5. The ROFL copter

I feel all warm inside.

1. A really stupid OP
    2. Noob-flaming
    4. Foul-mouthed insults
    5. The ROFL copter

I feel all warm inside.

Why, thankyouverymuch!
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A

1. A really stupid OP
    2. Noob-flaming
    4. Foul-mouthed insults
    5. The ROFL copter

I feel all warm inside.

Not quite I'm afraid. You missed out point 6...

6. Someone will invoke Godwin's Law
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    edited February 2012
    I can't believe this got to 5 pages :lol:

This is going to be someone, as others have pointed out piggybacking onto the back of the Times campaign hoping to get this opportunist Facebook page to go viral. Once he has as many likes as he can he'll start pimping his cycling affiliate links hoping the targeted users buy stuff from them and he'll take his commission.

He's probably got 10 others set up about disliking immigrants, banning the X-Factor preventing Muslims banning Christmas and complaining about cyclists jumping red lights.
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Hitler - there I've said it - think that makes the thread complete :twisted:
  • Jay dubbleU
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    JW wrote:
    DDD - its safer or more safe - more safer is a double emphasis

<Squints eye> I knowz that, I was being sarcastic</Squints eye>

When did main land Europe become so much better than England?

Sorry man - missed that - its the age you know

What part of Europe are we talking about here? Holland ? Bosnia ? Greece ?

If he's got one banning the X Factor sign me up
  • the mind boggles.. basically it`s a Facebook page set up to campaign to the UK government to make the UK roads more safer for cyclists by making car, van , lorry, bus drivers more aware of cyclists.

• shouldn't that be more awarer?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • shouldn't that be more awarer?

Needs all people to get involved to make it work !!

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,336
    Hi CFROWUKC

Could you maybe post a link for that FB page?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • basically it`s a Facebook page

"Basically"? Cool. So there's a more complicated aspect to all this as well.

I'm looking forward to learning about that too.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Greg66 wrote:
    basically it`s a Facebook page

I think he's been too specific so far. He needs to think of the big picture, maybe dumb it down a bit for the masses.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

I think he's been too specific so far. He needs to think of the big picture, maybe dumb it down a bit for the masses.

without wishing to sound like I'm flogging a dead horse here, but shouldn't that be "dumb and dumber"? ;)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Greg66 wrote:

...set up to campaign to the UK government to make the UK roads more safer for cyclists.
  • Hi CFROWUKC

Could you maybe post a link for that FB page?

certainly, https://www.facebook.com/CyclistsForRightOfWayUK
  • Awesome. So
    basically it`s a Facebook page set up to campaign to the UK government to make the UK roads more safer for cyclists by making car, van , lorry, bus drivers more aware of cyclists.

What more is there to learn beyond this "basic" description, I wonder? Now we know:
    it`s a Facebook page

...set up to campaign to the UK government to make the UK roads more safer for cyclists.

Here, have one of these for all your more harder work

ed332eb1-57e7-4be1-b1c0-e5ac659fb2c9.jpg

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Wow! He's (I'm assuming its a he) posted a link to someone elses video.

Since this is all that is needed to start a safety campaign, here is my effort to improve safety in Formula 1.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Jay dubbleU
    Are you suggesting that we should carry small children on our bikes and not wear helmets ?

That would slow down the TDF
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    To the OP: how do you plan to push this further ie what campaigning, or is it solely a page where you just want people to like, which achieves nothing? If you give me the silly answer of "basically it`s a Facebook page set up to campaign to the UK government to make the UK roads more safer for cyclists" or similar I will ban you. We want to know what else you are planning to do, how you want to achieve it, how you think this page will help, any events, publicity, what FB members can do, what figures and targets do you have etc. Let's have some answers, and no BS.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I understand helmets cause more injuries than they prevent. Mainly worn finger tips and carpal tunnel syndrome from pointless internet threads. Got bored after a while, but she was OK. I would.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,336
    OP

Have you tried posting the link in all the other forums(a) on here?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    edited February 2012
    the mind boggles.. basically it`s a Facebook page set up to campaign to the UK government to make the UK roads more safer for cyclists by making car, van , lorry, bus drivers more aware of cyclists.

Honestly now this is a sensible question, so don't spout your usual 3 year old childs line of logic as above, Why will they listen to yours out of the hundreds of similar pages & groups & campaigners.

Oh and how monetized is your Facebook page?

Edit - moved to a new post anyway
  • DrLex wrote:
    made me guffaw.
    Happy to help :)
  • supersonic wrote:
    To the OP: how do you plan to push this further ie what campaigning, or is it solely a page where you just want people to like, which achieves nothing? If you give me the silly answer of "basically it`s a Facebook page set up to campaign to the UK government to make the UK roads more safer for cyclists" or similar I will ban you. We want to know what else you are planning to do, how you want to achieve it, how you think this page will help, any events, publicity, what FB members can do, what figures and targets do you have etc. Let's have some answers, and no BS.

the Cyclists For Right Of Way UK Campaign is set up not by one person,
    but by every cyclist for every cyclist to put a hard hitting informative campaign over to the government
    to make the UK roads safer for cyclists,

We want to know what else you are planning to do, how you want to achieve it, how you think this page will help, any events, publicity, what FB members can do, what figures and targets do you have etc

the Campaign is not set up by one person, it`s for every cyclist and anybody who cares to make the UK roads safer for cyclists it`s an OPEN community, as it has just been set up things will evolve to move things forward...it`s good to see Fat Face clothing and Specialized women's supporting

• cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Bin
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    OP

Have you tried posting the link in all the other forums(a) on here?
    If the OP does they will be removed or merged with this one so please do not bother.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
This discussion has been closed.