Cyclists For Right Of Way UK Campaign

Comments

• what i was asking was.. have you got any ideas for input ect..

user_12370_SG6M9JZR.jpg
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    [...] have you got any ideas for input ect..

Now there's a thought!

Who's the late, lamented poster that the hive mind is recalling here?
  • I get it. Cyclists to have Right of Way. Like Europe.

I click Like and tomorrow on club run I have Right of Way. Like Europe.
  • (Oh and in case anyone isn't already alerted by the style, this could well be a scam so don't click on it. Could be someone nefarious behind it - like Sustrans)
  • davmaggs
    davmaggs Posts: 1,008
    W1 wrote:

Is this the cycling equivalent of the Jehovah's Witnesses?

At least they promise a chance at eternal salvation, whereas all we get from this idiot is the eternal suffering part.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Jeez, Porgy/Mybreakfastconsistedof/Dilemma (you choose) probably woke up this morning with the brilliant (and completely original, independent and totally not influenced by any other source) idea that the roads would be safer if the cyclist had right of way. Approach a roundabout and it doesn't matter what is approaching on the right, the cyclist has right of way. Want to turn off the main road with heavy oncoming traffic, doesn't matter, the cyclist has right of way. Car fully committed to emerging out of a side road, doesn't matter, the cyclist has right of way. Two cyclists, one turning and one going straight, doesn't matter, the cyclist has right of way

"What a wonderful bliss-filled World that would be" he probably thought. So he sets up a facebook account and needs support. He turns to bikeradar believing that his fellow cyclist brethen will fight along side him. However, knowing his reputation and not wanting any previous grudges hindering his now epic soco-cultural movement, he has made a facebook page after all, he makes a new user account.

And still despite this well intentioned effort he still gets shot down in flames.

He probably feels a little silly now.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    <Arch nemesis>

Also, NSB said he would be supporting this campagin. "Bandwagon jumper!" We should flame him. And Rick Chasey too!

</Arch nemesis>
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Jeez, Porgy/Mybreakfastconsistedof/Dilemma (you choose) probably woke up this morning with the brilliant (and completely original, independent and totally not influenced by any other source) idea that the roads would be safer if the cyclist had right of way. Approach a roundabout and it doesn't matter what is approaching on the right, the cyclist has right of way. Want to turn off the main road with heavy oncoming traffic, doesn't matter, the cyclist has right of way. Car fully committed to emerging out of a side road, doesn't matter, the cyclist has right of way. Two cyclists, one turning and one going straight, doesn't matter, the cyclist has right of way

"What a wonderful bliss-filled World that would be" he probably thought. So he sets up a facebook account and needs support. He turns to bikeradar believing that his fellow cyclist brethen will fight along side him. However, knowing his reputation and not wanting any previous grudges hindering his now epic soco-cultural movement, he has made a facebook page after all, he makes a new user account.

And still despite this well intentioned effort he still gets shot down in flames.

More safer don't forget.

Not JUST more safe OR safer

but...

More Safer.

Must be like cycling bubble wrap or something
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • DonDaddyD
    More safer, not just saferer but actually more safer. Jesus, I didn't think it was possible. I better sign up.
    Food Chain number = 4

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    davmaggs wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    I can't put my finger on what it is, but something of CyclingsFROWUK's style reminds me of another single-agenda poster on this forum.....

+1,000,000 to this.

It is the same old nutty ramblings. I suspect our old forum polluter has just discovered Facebook (which means it is truly old hat now)
    Not an IP used by another poster on this forum.

So could be working really hard or just be a ........
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • DonDaddyD wrote:

come again ???... it`s a Facebook page set up to help make cycling on the uk roads safe.

https://www.facebook.com/CyclistsForRightOfWayUK
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    I think most of us feel this is just bandwagon jumping - similar to The Times and the LCC campaigns.

DDD - its safer or more safe - more safer is a double emphasis
  • I've been down to the Marina and I have collected my barge pole.........

Nah! still not going to touch it.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • I like the idea of cyclists having right of way.

Red light? Right of way! Pavement? Right of way! Turning onto a road? Right of way! Changing lanes? Right of way!

Make roads more safer for cyclist.

Like in europe.

You know, europe? Is more safer for cyclist there.

/goes back to lurking under bridge, awaits tasty goats.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Be some one who lives in Europe WTF is the OP on?

You need to keep to the cycle routes.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:
    Be some one who lives in Europe WTF is the OP on?

You need to keep to the cycle routes.

Cycle on the grass, don't smoke it.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • DonDaddyD
    JW wrote:
    DDD - its safer or more safe - more safer is a double emphasis

<Squints eye> I knowz that, I was being sarcastic</Squints eye>

When did main land Europe become so much better than England?
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD wrote:
    Jeez, Porgy/Mybreakfastconsistedof/Dilemma

Give it a rest DD you tedious bellend, you're appearing increasingly unstable and obsessed.
  • troll_or_cnt.jpg
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Car fully committed to emerging out of a side road, doesn't matter, the cyclist has right of way.

Personally, I couldn't give a flying f*ck if the driver thinks he's "fully committed" to emerging (whatever that means) - in this scenario if its my right of way, its my right of way - end of.
  • There's no such thing as "right of way".There's "priority", which I often cede, not wanting to prove a point but finish up squished. It's like holding primary prior to a pinch point, assertive riding is one thing but when you hear the engine note rise behind you discretion's the better part of valour so I dodge sideways. I won't try to insist on priority to prove I'm in the right.

Also, tits-or-facebook is for groomers and malcontents, normal people have a telephone.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    JoeNobody wrote:
    troll_or_cnt.jpg

QFT.
    quoted, to carry the lulz onto page 5 and because it (ably assisted by two bottles of wine) made me guffaw.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    CyclingsFROWUK, have you alerted LFGSS to your campaign to make saferer the roads like in Europe?
    LFGSS stands for Lets Feckin Get Sycling Saferer and they'll be really understanding(er) of newbie 'tards.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:
    CyclingsFROWUK, have you alerted LFGSS to your campaign to make saferer the roads like in Europe?
    LFGSS stands for Lets Feckin Get Sycling Saferer and they'll be really understanding(er) of newbie 'tards.

You are a bad man.

A very bad man.

I doff my cap to you.

;)
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    More safer, not just saferer but actually more safer.

Now imagine a Westcountry bumpkin saying it. I mean on the Vicky Pollard scale of things. Someone you know is Westcountry based... like ITBoffin for example (just sayin...) :twisted: :twisted:
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,336
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Give it a rest DD you tedious bellend, you're appearing increasingly unstable and obsessed.

Porgy....he was good value....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I thunk it was that Jeremy Rundle chap. :?
  • Graham. wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I thunk it was that Jeremy Rundle chap. :?

I miss the Rundle.
  • Campaigning to make the UK government aware of how unsafe it is for cyclists to ride on UK roads.

To make UK roads cycle friendly just like mainland Europe has adopted

This page is set up to campaign for the UK government to implement Right of way for cyclists in the UK.

An increase in cycling and safe conditions to cycle in could solve a multitude of problems from,
    improving public health,
    reducing obesity,
    reducing congestion on streets,
    lightening the burden on public transport,
    less wear on roads,
    making our streets and cities more pleasant places,
    providing independence for children.

https://www.facebook.com/CyclistsForRightOfWayUK

Really????? Why has no one thought of this before, good god you're a visionary genius solving a problem no one has ever noticed before. *facepalm* Thanks for coming onto a cycling forum & placing the above info into the public domain!

Jeez. I think you'll find we are asking you to expand as we want to know your unique selling point and that you are not the 8,000,007th person to have this wholly original revelation. Have even a cursory Google for any town cycle campaign /group before coming on here as some sort of latter day messiah
  • He's not the messiah!
This discussion has been closed.