Pro Tour Pundit 2012

12346»

Comments

• Mad_Malx wrote:
    Shall we start a PTP-P?

A wha?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    You mean a Pro Tour Pundit - Pundit? :lol: My monies on Art. I think he can handle the pressure.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,161
    Milton50 wrote:
    You mean a Pro Tour Pundit - Pundit? :lol:

Yep. With 300 bonus points for the winner.
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Tense stuff! Afx - I'll PM m pick to you. Potentially good battles for the Top 10 places too - very close.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Afx, will you be totting up a Rookie season/white jersey table?
    Though, just glad made it into 4 figures and a GT podium!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Another season done, another nailbiting finish, but well done to Art Vandelay who comes out on top as PTP Champion 2012. Great job AV!

PTP 2012 - Final scores
    Name                Overall
    -------------------------------
    1   Art Vandelay           1628
    2   iainf72                1598
    3   ratsbeyfus             1547
    4   slimreaper             1535
    5   Richrd2205             1519
    6   StrawberryFields       1511
    7   inkyfingers            1495
    8   LeicesterLad           1495
    9   rozzer32               1492
    10  archieboy              1463
    11  TakeTheHighRoad        1441
    12  patchy                 1438
    13  Glut4                  1417
    14  alanjay                1408
    15  andyp                  1405
    16  Moomaloid              1399
    17  Snorebens              1383
    18  TailWindHome           1383
    19  ShockedSoShocked       1372
    20  Noclue                 1370

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... utput=html

As for the neophytes - by my reckoning the top 3 would be:
    1  Glut4                  1417
    2  Omar Little            1362
    3  welshmessenger         1338

Stars of the future, no doubt!
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Big props to Afx for a vintage PTP. A glug of my cyber podium Champagne and a signed cyber Ti-Raleigh McGregor jersey isn't quite enough thanks but it'll have to do. Iain put up a good fight right to the end.

Only 107 days until the Tour Down Under (non-PTP event). Off to stitch some rainbow stripes on.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Congratulations to AV - top avatar, top PTPer! Many, many thanks to Afx for another fantastic PTP season. - stirling effort from the best pixellated monkey man in Christendom. I'm already in withdrawel mode... sniffle.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Mad_Malx
    Congratulations Art.

Bit miffed I wasn't paying attention and missed a race and picked a couple of non-runners, any of which might have put me on the noobie podium, but obviously delighted with my Giro and Rick's accolade. I know no-one else cares but, sad individual that I am, I'm determined to milk as much self-congratulation out of this as I can.

I must work harder on the classics next year. These I find much more difficult, because I find it more difficult to follow who's on form - Evans, Canc and Hushovd all let me down.

Fantastic work AFX. Already waiting for March to come round, I'm aiming for the top 10 next.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Doesn't seem long ago I was pleading for the ptp season to begin, this season has gone ridiculously quick - cant believe it's bleedin' christmas in 2 months time. :roll:

Cheers for another years effort afx, and i'm chuffed with my 8th!
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Cheers Monkeyman, as always.

I might try to see how many points I can get in the '13 season with 100% unique picks. If only to keep Mr D. awake.

Strava is not Zen.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Thanks afx
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    :D Top monkey!
    really appreciated AFX!
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    Thanks again Afx for making watching this years racing that little bit more exciting - enjoy the break until next March.
  • archieboy
    archieboy Posts: 1,394
    Thanks afx, much appreciated.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Firstly thanks to AFX - great game and a lot of work to administer - it's appreciated.

I'm childishly delighted with 18th on my first full season with 2 GT runners up spots.

For next year I must remember to type Boonen more often. Also need to be more attentive to the GC picks in the one week races....too many points at stake to be picking riders on a whim (Damn you Dan Martin).

Time to rest up and put in a good winter.....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    *mwah* *mwah* you gorgeous little monkey you. Have this bag of chocolate peanuts in gratitude for all your hard work.

I am now officially lost.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    Well done Art, hope those bands treat you better then they did me.

Afx great job as always. Top bloke!
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • andyjr
    andyjr Posts: 635
    AFX- top job once again. I miss the excitement & suspense already

Congrats to Art on the win

31st for me, an improvement on last year. Not enough sheep following costs me
  • Thanks once again AFX, season wouldn't be the same without PTP. Congrats Art
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • Mad_Malx
    For next year I must remember to type Boonen more often.

My mistake too.
  • Thanks for another stunning season afx.

I was sitting pretty in third or fourth at one point but it all seemed to fall apart after the missed San Sebastian.

Ah well, ready for next year, bring on a winning 2013 season.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    So who won? It wasn't me, I know that. A monkey with a pin would have beaten me.

It was Art? Good, that's not Iain - he knows everything anyway. I don't want him to win.

Many thanks as always to Afx, although I realise that this is the most exciting thing that ever happens in Neath.

Next year I'm going for boring picks. I say that every year and it lasts until mid way through Paris Nice.
    Twitter: @RichN95