Other newbs in Loughborough area

1235»

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    So who's doing what over the long weekend? Any rides planned?
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Was in Loughborough for long weekend, seen a rider on a trek in white trek kit on thursday afternoon while i was driving down beacon road into town, was it any of you guys, i was a good boy and gave you plenty of room, even through town before i parked in multi storey :lol:
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • smidsy
    Not me I have a blue and white Cannondale - still nice to see you were considerate.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy
    So I will be out Sat pm or Sun pm. If there is any interest in meeting up just post or pm.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy
    My first outing in over a week will be tomorrow (if the weather holds) so anyone up for a long lunch :-)
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy
    Aiming to get out for a while this afternoon if the weather holds.

Any takers for a late lunch?
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy
    So with this amazing weather and the light nights are there any takers for a run out?
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • mr_belowski
    mr_belowski Posts: 66
    Would love to mate, but the last few weeks have been pretty nuts and it shows no sign of abating :(

Not been out at all since our last ride
  • smidsy
    Sorry to hear that Jim but if it makes you feel any better I'm still slow ;-)

So anyone up for a gentle ride out this weekend Sat or Sun?

Would be up for say 3 hours riding.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy
    Monday or Tuesday for my next outing
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Might be able to make one or t'other Steve, will check the the boss
  • smidsy
    Monday looking favourite for weather
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Bit of an ancient thread, but I've managed to blag a month (!) off work starting in a week or so, so I'll be up for a lot more adventures soon :)
  • smidsy
    Well I will still be out and about providing the floods subside by then so shout up.

Also I've done a couple of Sunday club runs with Coalville Wheelers so thats a good one if you have the time (09.00 till about 14.00 depending on route). My longest ride is now 70 miles.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy
    So an ancient thread but would be nice if those who got involved orignally came back for some more.

I would like to see if I have progressed from woefully dreadful to almost poor and the only guage I have is if the original guys let me tag along again to compare.

So who is up for a reunion?
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    Smidsy, you are going better than you give yourself credit for!

Can pop over myself if any ride is arranged in the next week or so.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Just seen this thread - I'm based in Kegworth and looking for an excuse to get the Madone out (or I can use the Felt if it's bad... or maybe the Tricross) so if you get anything organised, let me know.

I've got some loops ranging from 40 to >100 miles starting from Keggy if you want to stretch your legs.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • smidsy
    Well this Saturday would be a possibility (club run on Sundays).

Failing that something early evenings next week (say 16.00 ish). Should be able to get 30 miles in before dark.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • daveski12
    daveski12 Posts: 158
    I went out for a ride with you when I first started, happy to come along for another one to see if I can keep up!
  • smidsy
    daveski12 wrote:
    I went out for a ride with you when I first started, happy to come along for another one to see if I can keep up!

I have no doubt that you will, and more. Always up for an outing as and when time permits.
    Yellow is the new Black.