Other newbs in Loughborough area

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    So Tues and Thurs are my next possible outings if anyone is about.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Work permitting, I'll be around :)
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Is it worth you chaps setting up a facebook page or starting a club? Sounds like you have the nucleus for a regular ride so a dedicated home page/website might be the best way to coordinate your rides if they are every week or so...
  • fludey
    fludey Posts: 384
    There should be a local ride and club section on here with mini forums inside where such small gatherings can grow :?
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
    MTB Kona Kikapu Deluxe with a few upgrades!!
  • smidsy
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    Is it worth you chaps setting up a facebook page or starting a club? Sounds like you have the nucleus for a regular ride so a dedicated home page/website might be the best way to coordinate your rides if they are every week or so...

Am I to take it that this forum is not the place to do this then? Sorry if I have created something which it was not intended for.

Anyway to those who are reading this because they are looking for a ride out i will be going out today - probably around 10.00. Could do other time to suit others.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Ayup Steve,

I've got to wait in to meet the Green Thumb man this morning, who's going to tell me that he has the necessary magic fairy dust to turn a big square of moss back into a big square of lawn. I hope. I'll be able to get out once he's been, but I won't be able to get to Belton before about 12:30. Is that OK?
  • smidsy
    No problem - will aim to get to Belton for 12.45 and wait till 13.00 to give a bit of lea way.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Cool - see you there. I'll have my mobi with me
  • smidsy
    Good ride today Jim - felt like I was not holding you back as much. Enjoyed it (even with that stupid hill you wanted to try).

Hope to get out Thursday if anyone is around.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Up for thursday too and I'll drag you up a load more stupid hills :)
  • smidsy
    So we still on for tomorrow oh hilmeister?? If so where and when?

Did another 20 miles today and not one hill - strange that!!!.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • How's about Oaks in Charnwood church at 1ish? So we can go play on some hills :)
  • smidsy
    People will start to think we have some God complex with all these churches.

Ok There at 1 - I note your chosen meeting point is already up a hill from my house!!!!
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • <sigh>

You're whinging already and you've only just got up
  • smidsy
    Some of us have been up since 05.00 actually ;-)

Anyway start as you mean to go on and all that - get some work done Mr.

See you later
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • guys,

being an ex-looogabaarooga, i use to cycle round there when i was a young lad, if you want a nice route to try, i use to go from lboro to hathern, through shepshed, past oaks in charnwood, across to newtown linford, follow it round past cropston reservoir, upto moutsorrel, then quorn, turn off to barrow upon soar, and then back along the cotes road to l,boro.

that would give you guys a good work out, when im up there visiting rele's i will have to try and fit my bike in the car and join you one weekend. :wink:
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • smidsy
    Thanks Sharkey - if you time your visit for the next Solar eclipse I may be ready for that type of route ;-)
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy
    Good ride today Jim cheers.

I have decided I actually do have a favouite climb - that penultimate one, somehow appealed ?

I actually did enjoy that hilly day.

Next goal is to stop holding you up.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy
    So due to work commitments this week I can not get out to ride.

So just Sat and Sun for me ;-(
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Been bonkers for me too and it's not looking good for a crafty 2 hour lunch break either. Sodding work :(
  • smidsy
    So anyone up for a blast on Sat or Sun?

Could do a different route / meet point around Loughborough area?
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy
    My next outing will be tuesday but not till 16.00ish. After that it will be thursday but again late afternoon (15.00ish).

I vote not as far as Sundays 60 miles!!!!!
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    From 8 miles to 60 miles in the last few weeks - very impressive!
  • smidsy
    Well it was OK - pace slowed from 40 miles and then the last 10 - well they were really hard, uphill too past Donington Park.

Just done an hour (no way I could miss this weather) and legs still felt OK so I expect they will hurt like buggery tomorrow.

So Tuesday 16.00 ish if anyone is about - we get 1 hour extra light now :D
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • themekon
    themekon Posts: 197
    Can't make either of those times as am always preoccupied looking after a lemon Roan lady cocker spangle in the afternoons.
  • smidsy
    So work rears its ugly head again meaning I will now be riding tomorrow (wednesday) and not today or Thursday.

Anyone local out tomorrow at all?
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Looks like I might finally get the chance to get out this afternoon - bit short notice, I know, but you fancy a blast?
  • smidsy
    Can do indeed. When/where?
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy
    So Sunday is my next outing.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Might be able to make sunday morning - will check with the gaffer. Would need to be home midday-ish, so no crafty ale stop :(