Other newbs in Loughborough area

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Nocheckmate - how often do they run these and what locations?
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    smidsy wrote:
    Nocheckmate - how often do they run these and what locations?

They are run by local cycling clubs who all have their own reliability rides - now is the time for them as they are meant to be pre race-season jaunts. Run throughout the local area depending on the host club's venue - some Notts/Derbys/Leics/Staffs.

Helps if you are in a club to find out about them because they are not always widely-publicised.
  • Don't think I'll get the chance to join you guys tomorrow - will try to make it, but have a few commitments tomorrow
  • smidsy
    So my next definite outing will be Thurs 14.00 ish.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Wont be able to make Thursday.
  • I think I will :)
  • smidsy
    As long as its dry I'll be there at 14.00 - 14.15
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Good stuff. Might give the old clunker an outing so you'll hear me coming from miles away :)
  • smidsy
    Sunday is my next outing - could do a different route if folk want a change? (maybe even dare I say... a longer one!!)
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Sorry can't make tomorrow.
  • smidsy
    So I'll be at the usual place for 09.45 till 10.00 before setting off for anyone who wants a morning run out.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Won't be able to make tomorrow dude - got to take wee-man to Conkers :shock:
  • smidsy
    So it's pretty much a washout for me this week.

No go on Tues and Thurs as meetings require attendance :shock:

Motorcycle racing season starts for me this weekend :D so off down to Pembrey for a test weekend so no can do then either.

I will be off out during the day between now and next week but only as and when work permits so no chance of coordination i'm afraid.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN THE REST OF YOU CAN SLACK OFF :P
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • themekon
    themekon Posts: 197
    Are you riding at Pembrey or marshalling?
  • smidsy
    Marshaling - you going?
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • themekon
    No its just a bit too far for a practice day.
  • smidsy
    Bloomin part timer ;-)
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • fludey
    fludey Posts: 384
    Away for long weekend next week doing some coastal riding :D the following weekend is my last race weekend at Worksop so after that will be hoping to join y'all for some weekend rides :)
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
    MTB Kona Kikapu Deluxe with a few upgrades!!
  • smidsy
    So I can do Sat or Sun this week, any takers??
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • themekon
    No can do this weekend. Marshalling the BDCA 2 up 25 Sat' and at a Bird in the hand day for the other half's birthday on Sunday.
  • I'll be around this weekend. Not sure when's good but I'll ask the gaffer. We'll have a house full of kids at some point on Saturday so a ride that just happened to coincide with that would be handy :)
  • smidsy
    Where is the BDCA 2up - don't want to get caught up in a TT
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    I can do Sunday, but not Saturday!
  • themekon
    BDCA open is on the Griffydam,Diseworth circuit. Starts 2.00pm Saturday from The Coalville Wheelers Clubroom at Top Road Griffydam
  • smidsy
    So Sunday looks favourite but I may well get out this afternoon too, avoiding the Griffydam/Diseworth route of course.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • My place is being invaded at 10:30 this morning, so I'll be heading out round about then, putting me in Belton about 11am (maybe 11:10). Fancy a blast this morning?
  • smidsy
    Sorry just back in from chores. Off out about 14.00 if you did not go out you could text to meet up
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Heh, I did go out but it's as well I was on my own - I had a late night-ride last night on the MTB and was shattered, so much so that I bonked after a couple of hours this morning. I wasn't my usual charming witty self ;)

3 hours later I'm still desperately hungry :(
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    9.45 Sunday morning - Belton church?
  • smidsy
    Yep I'll be there tomorrow
    Yellow is the new Black.