The big LIGHTS thread 2011-2014

1108109110111112114»

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Poptart242 wrote:
    Any rear light recommendations since my See.Sense Ace is now plugged in to the big blue charger in the sky (RIP)?
    Yes - I've got a Moon Nebula ... you can be seen ....
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Poptart242 wrote:
    Any rear light recommendations since my See.Sense Ace is now plugged in to the big blue charger in the sky (RIP)?

I have a Moon Comet Xpro which is small, bright, and so far weatherproof. Lasts for hours in the various flashing modes

LED tech & batteries have come on so much in recent years it's hard to buy a duff one these days TBH
  • billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    Poptart242 wrote:

I've got one of these - Exposure TraceR

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-l ... -daybright

3 different brightness settings - the daybright is good for daylight riding - nice bright 70 lumens. Normal night setting can last up to 12 hours. USB chargeable.
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • Poptart242 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions all - was tempted, but See.Sense have given me a discount on a replacement light... so I've pre-ordered their new front one and upgraded the rear to the Icon2, all for less than half of RRP. Can't fault their service at all!
  • johnmcl7
    johnmcl7 Posts: 162
    I've been using an Ultrafire 502B which is a standard torch design this one using an XML2-T6 LED and it's attached using a mount with a velcro strap. It's reasonably powerful and runs off 18650 batteries but the helmet does have a gopro mount so I've been wondering if there's any decent gopro mount compatible lights to consider? I did try a Blackburn Central 700 but it was noticeably weaker and I went back to the Ultrafire.

I'm not really up to date with the Cree LEDs these days, is there anything better than the XML2-T6 in torch form?
  • tincaman
    tincaman Posts: 508
    The latest Bikehut front lights used to come with the Garmin/Go Pro out front mount, the new repackaged ones don't include it any more, its an extra £20 if you want one seperately
  • tincaman
    tincaman Posts: 508
    I have had a Moon Meteor Storm for the last 3 years and have got on with it really well, the only thing I didn't like was cycling through all the 5 steady modes to get to the one I want.
    I have ordered the new version (cheaper than the original), it now has only 3 steady modes to cycle through, and the lumen level of those modes is programmable to whatever level you want, so you could have 1000/200/1000 for example which would then act as a sort of dip. The wired remote now has 2 buttons as well for extra control. I think the double click to activate the boost mode for 10 seconds has changed so that it activates on double click but stays on til you click it off again.
    It also has dual angle beams which can be controlled separately.
  • stuart_c-2
    stuart_c-2 Posts: 805
    Hi,

Too soon to bring the lights discussion back to life?

Planning ahead for upcoming winter and looking to upgrade again. Does anyone have experience with:

https://torchy.co.uk/product/m-tigersports-theia-endurance-3000-lumen-bike-and-head-light/

Thanks

Stuart
    "I ride to eat"