Motorised cycle discussion!

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Fabian2 wrote:
    ;-) ;-) ;-)
    And, what the hell is that in relation to? Are you on drugs? Because I've seen people on drugs. Lots of people. And depending what they've taken they can quite often, when completely muntered, make about as much sense as you.
  • Fabian2
    Fabian2 Posts: 113
    Funny,

Ferrari also though that "not illegal" IS in fact, the same as "legal", right?

Red Bull still kept winning races ;-)
  • Anonymous
    Fabian2 wrote:
    Funny,

Ferrari also though that "not illegal" IS in fact, the same as "legal", right?

Red Bull still kept winning races ;-)
    Not illegal IS the same as legal. They were just trying to be clever.
    However, in racing stipulations (which I'm sure Nick can educate you on in some depth), there are ALLOWED things, and DISALLOWED things. Meaning that something can be on neither list.
    Nevertheless, that does not make it legal for race use, since it is not on the ALLOWED list.

Anyway, you are still alking rubbish.
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Fabian2 = cheesewand

</end>
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    In all seriousness, are you simply too poor to buy a car?

If you were to buy a mobility scooter, you could have all the benefits of your motorised bike but with a vastly superior level of comfort and no shifting woes.
  • Fabian2
    Well, considering i've sold my Ducati 1198 not long ago because i find a motor assisted bicycle so much more fun, in an everyday sense, my mobility isn't dependant on financial circumstances.

In Australia, the legislation regarding speeding has become so bad that people are being booked for 3 kilometers over the speed limit by private mobile based speed cameras, naturally for the purpose of keeping everyone safe.
    This also means loss of precious demerit points which in turn affects your insurance if not disclosing it to the insurance company and increases your premium if you do disclose this information.
    Most of my friends have now sold their sports bikes, myself included because it's become impossible to enjoy riding the things, save for recreational racetrack days.
    On my 1198, i could sneeze and without intention accelerate to 40 or 50 kilometers over the speed limit, which brings in the anti-hooning legislation, allowing the police to confiscate your bike on the spot and imposing seriously heavy fines and licence suspension.

At the end of the day, a motor assisted bicycle, particularly that you've engineered yourself, is very rewarding to ride and own, less all the issues surrounding traffic legislation.
  • Fabian2
    The law is all about interpretation and being able to substantiate your interpretation in court.

My motorised assist bicycle would not be illegal if the police presented summons on me, pressing charges that the bike is not legal.

I have a very good interpretation of the law ;-)
  • Fabian2
    Great, you should have mentioned that to Ferrari when the Red Bull front wing was scraping the racetrack in qualifying and the race.
    The rules clearly stating that the wing was not allowed to be any closer than 50mm from the ground.
    At every FIA test, the Red Bull front wing did not deflect past mandatory guidelines, nor did it deflect 50mm in the load test.

Indeed, Adrian Newy was right: their car was "not illegal"

My motorised assist bicycle is also "not illegal"
  • Fabian2
    Shifting woes: at the end of the day it's easily solved with the Nuvinci Hub. That's the direction i'll be taking when my derailleur system, and cassette needs replacing.
  • montevideoguy
    montevideoguy Posts: 2,271
    This is a tremendous thread...gutted I'm late to the party.

As for the guy being at the wind up... heart says "yes...he can't be serious with this nonsense". Head says "he has pictures to back up the nonsense...he could be real".

Here are my musings:

You get motor assisted bikes over here...the people who use them are too poor to have motorbikes. Your contraption looks worse than what people who don't have real homes ride.

You come across on this like a robot who has malfunctioned...and has it's setting stuck on "dick"

Assuming this is real, who do you think will want to buy into a product which is slower than a motorbike, impossible to ride on hills if the motor doesn't work, and requires you to carry 15kg of tools (with the know how to wield them) as it'll probably brake down. And the weight is all wrong.

As has been said before, buy a motorbike (and ride it slowly if you wish to take in the scenes).

You keep mentioning the Red Bull F1 team... what has that got to do with anything? As for your bike incorporating "F1 technology"... what element of technology does it have? The only thing I see in common is the lack of real world application.

As for being legal or not...doesn't really matter due to reasons given above.

More I think about this the more I think this is a wind up. For that, I salute you!!
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I just checked out Motorizedbikeforum.com that Fabian linked to in his first post - awesome! There are literally 4 people posting on 2-3 subjects on that forum!

I note that Fabian intends to start a Melbourne to Sydney freight haulage using his bike - I am interested to find out what weights he can haul and what the fuel costs for a fully laden journey are and how that compares with straight freight costs on a aussie style road train truck thing.

I am thinking that the three days for the journey (probably 4) means that the cost has to be hire than a one day road trip in a truck even when you factor in the eco tax savings!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • montevideoguy
    montevideoguy Posts: 2,271

I note that Fabian intends to start a Melbourne to Sydney freight haulage using his bike

:D

Sometimes I love the internet.
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • Anonymous
    Epic troll is epically insane!
  • Fabian2
    A motorbike cannot be used on a bicycle trail; interstate eco-delivery will come with well rewarded carbon tax breaks when the Greens party gets their carbon tax legislation enforced though law next year, July 1st.

The Greens party is going to be giving all sorts of rebates and tax concessions to any hare brain scheme and plain idiotic environmentally superficial business schemes ; economically unsound as they may be.
    The Greens party holding the balance of power is on a course of action that will destroy the Australian economy before the next federal election.
    Up until then, there is money to be made shouting your green credentials; chest beating the enviro-mantra for lucrative government assistance packages and government grants.
  • Fabian2
    Most people would know that rail is the most efficient form of terrestrial transport, but rail is not a door to door service, requiring trucks to move freight from the rail terminal to client.
    Next most efficient mass haulage method is trucks, being a true door to door service method, tailored to individual clients needs.

Problem with trucking is that it doesn't look "green" or "environmentally friendly" with heavy vehicles clogging up the road network and using large quantities of diesel per trip.
    The Greens party has let it be know that they will establish a department of carbon cops, issuing cost penalties to the trucking industry and other industries that are large consumers of diesel.

Even though alternative schemes of mass freight transportation are more inefficient, requiring greater energy consumption per kilo/kilometer traveled, they will be rewarded because they "look" environmentally friendly.

A motorised bicycle that uses 2 litres of fuel for every 100 kilometers "looks mighty good compared to a heavy haulage truck that belches out smoke, whilst consuming 30-40 litres of diesel for the same distance.

The next two years are going to be very difficult in Australia, unless there is a revolution by the people.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Except the truck can actually carry stuff. Moron.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • tom_howard
    tom_howard Posts: 789
    Truly gutted I missed this thread, troll or otherwise. Purely out of interest, what's the top speed of yo phat ride, fully laden and on its own?
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • Fabian2
    A truck can most certainly carry stuff, and far more efficiently than any load carried by a motorised assist bicycle - this is common logic of which any person with dilapidated mental aptitude would comprehend.

Thing is: the "Greens Party" and their loopy bunch of legislators; released early from the mental asylum purposely blind themselves to these simple facts.
    The Greens Party isn't about efficiency or logic. The Greens party is about "imposed" social change, whatever the cost, no matter how much it bankrupts the country, even if paying healthy government grants, and allowing generous tax benefits to someone with an "environmentally friendly", non diesel, low fuel consumption bicycle courier system.

It's all about the environment; it's all about saving the pandas and the trees at the expense of the humble tax paying citizen.
  • If this is for real, I pity you.

However, if you're trolling, I'm quite simply in awe.
  • Fabian2
    Must admit, this is a very, very good site - excellent people on here
  • Fabian2
    My x9 derailleur problems have been solved. What more can i ask for such helpful advise, other than thankyou, especially to Briggo for his solution.
  • Anonymous
    If this is for real, I pity you.

However, if you're trolling, I'm quite simply in awe.
    quite. The best thing about all this is that he obviously loves the attention of real people, and we're all enjoying ripping the pi**, so it's a win win situation. Everybody's happy!
  • Fabian2
    Andy, it's totally ok to "be in awe". My ex girlfriend learned the hard way - she left for another man; realised there was no "awe" wanted me back, but my current girlfriend won't let my ex girlfriend have "any" of my "awe"

I told here she is too controlling. I have enough "awe" to go around to make everyone happy!
  • Fabian2
    Attention, no.
    Do i seek it out, no
    Do other people seek to engage my presence - looking back over the posts, one could formulate a conclusion as to who are playing outside of the shadows
  • Anonymous
    Fabian2 wrote:
    one could formulate a conclusion as to who are playing outside of the shadows
    :lol:
    full%20retard%202.jpg

Incredible! Keep it coming, you're entertaining a lot of people here. I reckon this place would be much better if you became a full time member - please, browse the other threads, and join in our day to day discussions.
  • It's obvious that it's too heavy and slow to be stolen. But, how will you prevent people from stealing the dust caps?
  • Fabian2
    Whoever attempts to steal my motorised assist bicycle would be foolish for it contains a very effective anti-theft system.
    Upon crashing, and they will crash without any engineering knowledge or how the mechanical drive train operates, the thief will face a most troublesome situation when the fuel tank cap pops off, throwing a healthy quantity of (theif-be-gone) fluid on the smoking hot exhaust pipe; creating a fireball of epic proportions, naturally with the schmuck centrally located in the middle of the action
  • Fabian2
    :-) :-) :-)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Fabian2 wrote:
    Anyone who attempts to steal my motorised assist bicycle would be a total moron
    FTFY
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    ne dimensions of bonkers
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6