oh no! its the ligget and sherwen show.

12346»

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    P&P do an excellent job. Bear in mind they are commentating whilst listening to race radio. Yesterday they said mollema had fallen (as they heard on race radio) but it wasnt and phil corrected this.

Remember they can only commentate on the same images we see. It must be annoying for any commentator to have your flow broken by the director cutting to another (albeit beautiful ) chateau.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Sherwen's come up with some great ones - like the crown in the jewel already referred to.

Lsst year he advised that somebody was "smoothing very pedally".

Hats of to them though for when they were commmentating on the Tour of California this year - miles and miles of pan flat, dead straight boredom - but they still managed to say something and maintain some kind of interest.

Could you do that?
  • They do seem like it's their first time on TV because of all the stuttering, dyslexia etc haha but I just assume they're both dealing with early-onset dementia
  • McBoom
    McBoom Posts: 78
    Hoogerland now rides for AG2R.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,481
    A good job of work by them today. Managed to mention a "certain LA" and having comments that Roche had be picked up by the yellow jersey group then identified him as Carpets. Add to that they were talking about Schleck extending his lead as the clock was going backwards!
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    RichN95 wrote:
    Pseudonym wrote:
    He still calls Voeckler "voyckler" and is now calling Boasson Hagen "Boyson Hagen" - as well as adding a 'y' onto everyone's first name, like 'Tommy' Voeckler, 'Sammy' Sanchez, 'Tommy' Danielson - I'm sure I also heard him say 'Eddie' Boasson Hagen....

The Sky team call Edvald 'Eddy', on ITV today David Millar called Sanchez Sammy. Voeckler is commonly referred to as Tommy by the English language press, rightly or wrongly. Danielson, I believe, is generally known as Tommy.

I can cope with the overly-familiar references to 'Tommy' and Eddy', etc - but I still can't get with Liggett's pronunciation of 'Voyckler' and 'Boyson-Hagen' - especially when Sherwen makes such a point of pronouncing them correctly nearly every time after....
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    A few stand outs for me this year have been

on Fabian Cancellara "the white cross on a red background signifying that he's the champion of Belgium"

Pointing out the rider in the glasses or the dark glasses on a couple of occasions at least

and

When Jens got on the front using the phrase "dishing out the pain" over and over again.

Yet I still enjoy their commentary
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    Pseudonym wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Pseudonym wrote:
    He still calls Voeckler "voyckler" and is now calling Boasson Hagen "Boyson Hagen" - as well as adding a 'y' onto everyone's first name, like 'Tommy' Voeckler, 'Sammy' Sanchez, 'Tommy' Danielson - I'm sure I also heard him say 'Eddie' Boasson Hagen....

The Sky team call Edvald 'Eddy', on ITV today David Millar called Sanchez Sammy. Voeckler is commonly referred to as Tommy by the English language press, rightly or wrongly. Danielson, I believe, is generally known as Tommy.

I can cope with the overly-familiar references to 'Tommy' and Eddy', etc - but I still can't get with Liggett's pronunciation of 'Voyckler' and 'Boyson-Hagen' - especially when Sherwen makes such a point of pronouncing them correctly nearly every time after....

That's the bit that drives me nuts. Their highlights programme is excellent for seeing if you want to watch the whole Eurosport coverage of earlier in the day....but even my wife complains about Liggett's inability to pronounce their names.
  • Snorebens
    Snorebens Posts: 759
    Getting a rider's father mixed up with him constantly (Stephen / Nico Roche) is a sure sign you've been in the game too long :roll:
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    Phil then "Fabulous Cancellara"

he funny :lol:
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,481
    Had Contador as the champion of Spain early on - not sure if he meant it literally or metaphorically though. Credit to Paul though, thought he'd cracked up when he was saying Evans had got dropped from the early break as the picture was showing Berghardt going out th eback door at the time but then it cut to Cuddles trying to fix his bike.