Tour De France 2011 - The Commuters Spolier Thread

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Contador is too tactically minded to go launching a blitzkrieg attack now.

Contador has form when it comes to attack being the best form of defence. He hasn't necessarily waited until the last mountain stage in the TdF or Giro before attacking. Why would he start now? Particularly if he's feeling rough - he might have to chip away at the time difference mountain by mountain, stage by stage.
    If Contador attacks, even if he attacks Cadel, both Andy and Frank will respond most likely working together to unstick and break him. He (Contador) knows there is strength in numbers and that he doesn't have a team or wingman strong enough to go with him to take the fight to the Schlecks.

The Schlecks do not have form on this front. See: well, every time they've ridden together, I think.
    The Schlecks don't need to attack, they may not have the team (I think of the four Cadel has to be honest) but they have each other in the high hills/mountains. In their mind it's theirs to win, defend and control.

Except the Schlecks (esp. Frank) don't have as much speed in the TT (the penultimate stage is 42km-odd TT.)

DDD - you and G66 might well be right abt nothing happening today; part of me is just being deliberately opposite.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Geraint Thomas is in "virtual yellow", 7 minutes up the road from the Peloton & just under 6 minutes behind Voeckler in the GC.
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    cjcp wrote:
    Hands up those who think they'll be able to any work whatsoever this afternoon?

*hands down*
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Contador welcomed the mountains on his twitter feed last night and said his knee was 'going better'. Perhaps a sign of intent....
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,349
    cjcp wrote:
    I think Contador will try to have a pop at the Schlecks and Evans up Luz Ardiden. It's steep enough for him to take some time out of the other GC contenders, even if it means A Schleck can follow but Evans can't - at least, he'll then have weakened one of his rivals. He also needs to eliminate the threat posed by Frank - at the moment, he can't let Frank or Andy go (the problem Evans had in 2008 up ADH with Sastre and F Schleck), so he'll attack himself. When his back was to the wall in 2009, he attacked up Arcalis. He'll (try to?) do the same thing again.

Contador has had a tough week mentally , no matter what you think of him it has to be tough on the champion to be booed at the opening presentation. He has had bad luck with crashs which have cost him some time but nothing he can't take back. His team have had a week off.

I think the BMC have worked too hard this week and when the shake up comes they'll be no where to be seen and Evans will be isolated.

The key factor in todays stage is that it's a mountain top finish.

I predict Andy and Contador to ride away today.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,349
    Roche to get into the top 10 today.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    One of the breakaway riders, Roy Jeremy, is being tracked on SRM Live so you can watch the gap to the peleton http://data.srmlive.de/TDF/
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    iPete wrote:
    One of the breakaway riders, Roy Jeremy, is being tracked on SRM Live so you can watch the gap to the peloton http://data.srmlive.de/TDF/
    Nice. Monsieur Roy has been off the front of the peloton a lot this tour! Top man
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Go on Hoogerland
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Hoogerland looking uncomfortable now. Those stiches must be throbbing. Kreuziger and Chavanel looking more settled.

This ITV4 streaming thing is cool, but I can't have any volume in the office.....headphones tomorrow....
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    WTF is up with Thomas's bike :shock:
  • Gussio
    Who was that leaving the road there? Lucky not to pile into the silver car parked on the verge. Need sound and HD!!!
  • jzed
    Gussio wrote:
    Who was that leaving the road there? Lucky not to pile into the silver car parked on the verge. Need sound and HD!!!

Geraint Thomas - lucky there was a verge there and not a sheer drop. Lost his bottle now.
  • Gussio
    Yikes. The descent looks pretty slippy.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    JZed wrote:
    Gussio wrote:

Geraint Thomas - lucky there was a verge there and not a sheer drop. Lost his bottle now.

That was me on the Marmotte - I literally lost my bottle - now somewhere in a field on the side of the Galibier...
  • jonginge
    Wow. It's the stockeu all over again...
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    Carbon Rims eh? Don't see them down embankment so why do they need them in the Tour? 8)

Big Crash! Kloden down...
  • Gussio
    Gah - lost the live feed!

May have to WFH tomorrow.....
  • jonginge
    Gussio wrote:

http://sports-livez.com/channel/ch-9.php
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Gussio
    JonGinge wrote:
    Gussio wrote:

http://sports-livez.com/channel/ch-9.php

Mucho gracias amigo
  • jzed
    Link doesn't work - damn firewall.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    server can't be found :( on the feed
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • cjcp
    Gussio wrote:

I've the whole of next week off. :D
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    What a fox.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jonginge
    JZed wrote:
    itv will be streaming too...
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • jzed
    JonGinge wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    itv will be streaming too...

Yeah watching ITV but it occassionally drops and fed up of refreshing and having to sit through Cidre adverts.
  • Gussio
    cjcp wrote:
    Gussio wrote:

I've the whole of next week off. :D

Shrewd 8)
  • jonginge
    Planet-x Scott