Tour De France 2011 - The Commuters Spolier Thread

191011121315»

Comments

• A slightly technical question: if you jump the trois-deux-un-partez countdown, as Contador clearly did, is the timing calculated from when he crossed a time gate at the beginning or from when the countdown clock hit zero? (Ok, so it's a bit academic now but I don't know all the rules.)
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,628
    A cracking tour in more ways than fun to watch.

Hopefully wiggo will have better luck next year :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440

Surely he'll be concentrating on the Olympics next year. Non?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Excellent TdF this year and what a brilliant win by Evans. Very well deserved!

Was a good atmosphere at Look Mum No Hands yesterday for the last stage btw (in part because of the free beer from Eurosport)
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,679
    Now that the Tour is over, could we get rid of that damn Oakley advert on the BR home page? Having it cover my entire screen every time I go to BR for the last 2 months has convinced me never to buy H. R. Giger designed shades.

Possibly not the aim of the advert, but then having to watch adverts for Wiggle whilst Andy Schleck made the best attack in recent tour history had a similar effect on me.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    TdF this year gave me a GREAT nights viewing on Friday.

I ignored all the news and sat down to watch the recording of the live coverage of the ADH with beer and nibbles.

Just marvellous!
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449

Agreed.

Unfortunately now I've nothing to watch during weekday afternoons so will actually have to do some work :(
  • noodles71
    noodles71 Posts: 153
    Satudary was a great day to be an Aussie...... I had to sit through South Africa being mugged in the Rugby then a win to Cadel topped off a great day.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    noodles71 wrote:
    Satudary was a great day to be an Aussie...... I had to sit through South Africa being mugged in the Rugby then a win to Cadel topped off a great day.

Samoa. That is all. :mrgreen:

(I'm Welsh. So I have nothing to shout about at the moment when it comes to rugby.)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • noodles71
    noodles71 Posts: 153
    cjcp wrote:
    noodles71 wrote:

Samoa. That is all. :mrgreen:

(I'm Welsh. So I have nothing to shout about at the moment when it comes to rugby.)

Samoans are just like the All-Blacks except they have had their pain cells removed. Am quite glad we got a wake up call then and not after the cup had started.

And yes, the Aussies robbed you in 1999 in the quarters with that forward pass from Georgie. Shame for your guys too because they were looking good that game.