Tyler sinks the Lance

Comments

• Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    iainf72 wrote:
    Another confession coming up soon according to a few sources....

Please let it be JV.
  • BarryBonds
    BarryBonds Posts: 344
    JV? hes already done his turn

I believe its Leipheimer...... you heard it here first
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    BarryBonds wrote:

Is that a wild guess barry or just a hunch :D
  • Tusher
    Thought he's be one of the last, tbh.
    Still, it'll be good to hear all he has to say about the 2011 Tour of California.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Tusher wrote:
    Thought he's be one of the last, tbh.
    Still, it'll be good to hear all he has to say about the 2011 Tour of California.

Grand Jury - Levi before we start can i ask you how did you 2 Baldy`s manage to drop all the young dudes on Mt Baldy ??? Not that i (judge) am cynical or anything 8)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    BarryBonds wrote:

Is that a wild guess barry or just a hunch :D

Leipheimer and Barry were never on a Tour team with Armstrong, so probably not part of the inner circle.

The Feds will concentrate on Americans, because they can lean on them.

Hamilton, Landis, Hincapie and Andreu we know about.

That leaves Vaughters, Vande Velde and Livingston. Vaughters won't lie under oath - he's not stupid. And I image he will have told CVV the same.

Livingston may talk as well once FBl Agent Stanley tracks him down.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    I wonder if Bruneel will open up? He did mysteriously do a runner on sunday night.

He is very close to his daughter and possibly the fear of anything untoward happening to him has made him come clean..

I highly doubt it tho..
    cartoon.jpg
  • RichN95.
    Doobz wrote:
    I wonder if Bruneel will open up? He did mysteriously do a runner on sunday night.

He is very close to his daughter and possibly the fear of anything untoward happening to him has made him come clean..

I highly doubt it tho..

My theory is - Americans will come clean, non-US citizens will back Armstrong. Ultimately, the US aren't likely to prosecute non-US citizens for taking drugs or even perjury.
  • Tusher
    Doobz wrote:

I highly doubt it tho..

Oh dear. Where is this going?

I've always considered CVV to be the Bassons of the postie boys.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    RichN95 wrote:
    My theory is - Americans will come clean, non-US citizens will back Armstrong. Ultimately, the US aren't likely to prosecute non-US citizens for taking drugs or even perjury.

True..
    cartoon.jpg
  • RichN95.
    Doobz wrote:

I highly doubt it tho..

I think you have confused Lance Armstrong with Keyser Soze there.
  • samiam
    samiam Posts: 227
    RichN95 wrote:
    Doobz wrote:

I highly doubt it tho..

I don't think so. I think everyone is sick of the lies. I think this asshole bullied the cycling world for too long and now as the old saying goes - what goes around comes around.

The most interesting quote I think comes from the recent Walsh article (http://shorttext.com/jqurzblrsyf):

“The problem,” said one source close to the investigation, “was not getting them to talk but to stop them crying so they could continue talking.”
  • rdt
    rdt Posts: 869
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commenta ... id=6583566

"It has a cultlike feel to it, where anyone who dares question the leader is immediately discounted. Armstrong has painted himself into a corner. He can't come clean. He can't call a news conference today and confirm all the allegations, despite the good intentions of my fellow commentarian Jeff MacGregor, and then move on with the business of making the world safe for a new line of life-enhancing pharmaceuticals. He's gone too far, expended too much energy, savaged too many reputations to come out with a steely-eyed "My bad" at this point. "

Cultists. That's the fanboys to a tee. You get more rationality from the scientology loons on Tottenham Court Rd discussing Xenu and thetans.
  • RichN95.
    samiam wrote:

I don't think so. I think everyone is sick of the lies. I think this asshole bullied the cycling world for too long and now as the old saying goes - what goes around comes around.

The most interesting quote I think comes from the recent Walsh article (http://shorttext.com/jqurzblrsyf):

“The problem,” said one source close to the investigation, “was not getting them to talk but to stop them crying so they could continue talking.”

Yeah, that's the Americans. Ukrainians, Spaniards, Russians... They're never going to see a jail cell, no matter what they've done. It's not in America's interest. For a start, the paperwork will be a nightmare. They can sit in the court room and say 'F*** you, Yankee dogs" until the cows come home.
  • BarryBonds
    I'm quite enjoying this........
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    The man who is typically ahead of the curve on new related to this case (RaceRadio, only sane man on the asylum and on twitter too) reckons Riis is absolutely bricking it. When Hamilton talks about CSC is will be carnage.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
    58585 Posts: 207
    I think the UCI need to hurry this proposal about banning dopers being involved with running teams in. And definitely make it retrospective :lol:
    Still no sign of Bruyneel?
    How is the line-up for the tour looking now?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:
    The man who is typically ahead of the curve on new related to this case (RaceRadio, only sane man on the asylum and on twitter too) reckons Riis is absolutely bricking it. When Hamilton talks about CSC is will be carnage.

But will he?

The feds only have eyes for Postal.
  • iainf72
    But will he?

Do they?
  • Do they?

As I understand it (and I'm willing to be corrected if I'm wrong) the investigation centres on misuse of Federal funds in the form of USPS sponsorship. The reason they're looking into doping practices is to do with channeling USPS money into the illegal acquisition of doping products, rather than doping per se.

As such, I can't see the US authorities being particularly interested in the Discovery Channel era, nor in what went on in other teams.

However, that doesn't stop Hamilton actually writing the book LA's spokespeople keep accusing him of writing and airing the CSC/Phonak dirty laundry there - however, any investigation by the UCI/WADA will not have the same powers to call witnesses nor threaten them with judicial sanction if they lie or withhold anything.

Andy
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:
    But will he?

Do they?

Pretty sure. They're after the federal money.

I doubt the feds care what CSC's money was spent on.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    They've been looking at the US Postal / use of funds angle but if individuals were taking medical substances across state borders without a licence, or advising on how to inject blood then these are more offences to scare people with.

I suspect they are building up a vast charge sheet that investigators hope will result in a few of these sticking come the final day of any court trial.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,558
    David Walsh interview on Irish radio, 40mins in.

http://media.newstalk.ie/listenback/22/tuesday/2/popup
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Kléber wrote:
    They've been looking at the US Postal / use of funds angle but if individuals were taking medical substances across state borders without a licence, or advising on how to inject blood then these are more offences to scare people with.

I suspect they are building up a vast charge sheet that investigators hope will result in a few of these sticking come the final day of any court trial.

I presume the only things they could get Riis on, under their jurisdiction, would be any visits to ToC or the horribly named Tour de Georgia then?

Unless Tyler now has a feel for this truth telling malark and fancys twisting the knife a bit. I'd love to see Riis get taken down.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • iainf72
    I presume the only things they could get Riis on, under their jurisdiction, would be any visits to ToC or the horribly named Tour de Georgia then?

Well, CSC were sponsored by the American part of CSC a lot of the time.
    58585 Posts: 207
    Is it only the US prosecution that Riis could be frightened of?
    If Hamilton was to suggest some form of organised doping under Riis at CSC I think his current position would be untenable, for example?
  • iainf72
    It's being reported in l'equipe that 2 of Armstrong samples in the 2001 TdS were borderline for EPO and 1 from the 2002 Dauphine was also borderline.
  • BarryBonds
    iainf72 wrote:
    It's being reported in l'equipe that 2 of Armstrong samples in the 2001 TdS were borderline for EPO and 1 from the 2002 Dauphine was also borderline.

Borderline schmorderline

in the same ways as the suisse one was an indicator of EPO use? (i cant read French)
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    58585 wrote:
    Is it only the US prosecution that Riis could be frightened of?
    If Hamilton was to suggest some form of organised doping under Riis at CSC I think his current position would be untenable, for example?

I am convinced the man has no shame. If admitting you doped to win the Tour isn't enough to even get you banned from the race for life, puerto with both Basso and Big Schleck weren't enough to make him even consider his position...

The only thing that could get rid of him, given he owns the team, is sponsors pulling out.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent