Mac or PC?

123457»

Comments

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Weejie54 wrote:
    It's just an operating system on a computer.
    This

Now can we all go home?
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    No.

We have at least another 6 pages to get through :twisted:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Is this the right room for an argument? :D
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Weejie54 wrote:
    cib wrote:
    Not strictly true. Vista grew from XP, which grew from W2K, which was built on that kernel. It was this gradual change that led to Vista being so poor; it was a pile of spaghetti in the end. The rewrite stripped it all back to the kernel and then layered the functionality in a neat logical [for MS anyway] manner, with necessary changes to those layers as they were [re]built. Vista was pants as much for its architecture as much as anything. W7 resolved a lot of those probs.

The NT 6 Vista kernel was improved for server 2008 and that base was developed for Win 7. They are all a progression of the previous kernel. I think you are missing the point. To describe Mac Snow Leopard as a "Service Pack for Leopard" and suggest that Win 7 is a "different operating system than Vista" is showing your colours. Fact is, upgrade from previous flavour of Mac is cheaper than upgrade from previous flavour of windows - even with OEM or student deals.
    ? Include me out of this argument. The only point I wanted to make was that anyone who claims that W7 is nothing more than a tarted-up Vista is talking out of his underpants. I'm happy with W7, happier with Ubuntu but in the end it's all down to what applications can run to allow me to get things done. I really don't care for the Win / Mac thing at all.

Toddle-pip.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Weejie54 wrote:
    Fair enough if you like mac better then fine, but don't go talking BS trying to make one OS sound superior to another and sooo much better...

Where's the BS? I have only stated fact. It does appear that you are jumping in defence of Windows 7 at any opportunity. It's just an operating system on a computer.

I'm defending Windows 7 against the BS.
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    I'm just happy my thread has made it 10 pages! :D

BTW I have made up my mind, going to wait and see if a new iMac comes out later in the year. If it's nice and shiny I'm buying it!
  • Weejie54
    Weejie54 Posts: 750
    I'm defending Windows 7 against the BS.

WindowsDefenderLogo_wht.gif
  • Weejie54
    Weejie54 Posts: 750
    The only point I wanted to make was that anyone who claims that W7 is nothing more than a tarted-up Vista is talking out of his underpants.

I said "doctored" - doctors can amputate as well as perform plastic surgery.