I've not really touched mine tbh.
    Just left it as it was
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • kaytronika
    kaytronika Posts: 580
    Mmmm, new shiny... Just need the bike back to bolt it to.

1.jpg
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • jamienorton
    jamienorton Posts: 182
    just got the blue excels for mine, didnt get fancy bar ends though, did you pay extra for them?
  • kaytronika
    £1 extra for them aye.
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • kaytronika
    Halfords phoned today. Apparently I own a Carrera Fury, it's been so long I'd forgotten...

So I have the bike back with a new BB fitted.
    Added the new lock ons.
    I think I'll be out for a ride tomorrow then. Rain or shine.
    1.jpg

Trying the brakes/shifters in this configuration for a ride, might put them back though.
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • kaytronika
    Awesome! Missed it. Missed the massive handlebar that fits through precisely no canal gates.
    Also missed the way every photo I take of it on my phone makes it look vaguely angelic.

1.jpg
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • shukur
    shukur Posts: 155
    lol i never got replies in hotmail for this thread. well i went to halfords today and they had a sale on the carrera fury for £440 and £10 for a small rip in the saddle. it was the last 18" frame on display model. I walked 2 miles from home to town and turned up and was inspecting the bike, in the morning he ad told me it was brand new and had been there for 2 weeks, i know the guy called max was trying to do his job and he went ferocious and then i looked at him and said, you said it was brand new? this bikes been here for 3 months, why are there chips on the frame, dirty oiled brake levers and scratches in the brakes crevices near the handles, then i got on train to another town far away who had the bike in a different store and halfway i got off because the manager said he couldn't just let me come in and buy it he had to reserve my bike in the que.

then i got off, walked home and now someone saying they can get me a trek bike of £1200 for half price brand new through their company because they have sponsorship, sounds better to me than buying a poxy fury which has glossy paint, why the hell does it have tacky glossy paint? oh and guess what, the manager at one of the stores said, the new 2011 stock of white carrera bikes will not have glossy paint, they will be in a matte white finish.

i was like, is he suppose to tell me that so that i can blurt it all over on here lol

Is it really worth £430? or should i buy another bike someone has bought for example a trek for £900 and is selling for £500 on eBay or gumtree? it's hard just knowing what could have been better after you go and buy a bike that you been eying for a long time.
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    shukur- nobody cares, you've filled BR with so much shite it's untrue, just buy a bike ffs and leave us alone.

Kaytronika- It's looking mighty fine mate, shame about the tard on this thread.
  • shukur
    Not tard, but I have to question, Theres no harm in asking questions, kaytronika, can you leave me links for all those little green parts you have purchased for your lovely carrera bike? id like to purchase them ey. well, i agree with someones comment in nthe above, just above 'get on your bike retards' comment, which says, even though carrera is not a brand the price will fall quickly, its my first bike you see, and why spend so much money on a bike when i've started realising everyones selling their new furys and going for the £150 more white boardman 2011 instead x
  • getonyourbike
    I don't need to argue because I'm pretty sure what the other forum users think about you echo my thoughts.
  • shukur
    as long as im getting my answers, it's all that counts :)
  • kaytronika
    edited May 2011
    Buy your half price Trek. I'll enjoy my poxy Fury.

I'll try to get some better pics soon with my dSLR. Not happy with the ones I've taken with the camera phone. Doesn't show the quality you get for your money.

Spent the afternoon chucking the bike around a bit on the canal, riding stuff I used to enjoy as a teenager.
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • getonyourbike
    kaytronika wrote:
    I'll enjoy my poxy Fury.
    me too, though hopefully an AM full sus might be on the cards in the future, it'd suit my riding better now it's devepoped.
  • shukur
    seems like the admins of this page are engaging in mere childsplay, are you 12 and the other 13 then? lol
  • shukur
    leave me links for the green quick release parts then and green bb, your fury is a nice bike , goes well with the scenery.
  • kaytronika
    kaytronika wrote:
    I'll enjoy my poxy Fury.
    me too, though hopefully an AM full sus might be on the cards in the future, it'd suit my riding better now it's devepoped.

I can see myself using this bike as a base for further upgrade.. Gonna sort out a new saddle next. The stock wasn't comfy... The rest of the upgrades are just trinkets right now. A little colour here and there.

I suggest we ignore the other poster in this thread btw, there is some sort of odd agenda there.
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • shukur
    no there isin't, how about, you sell me your carrera fury? ill buy it off you if it's an 18" frame?
  • getonyourbike
    edited May 2011
    kaytronika wrote:
    kaytronika wrote:
    I'll enjoy my poxy Fury.

I can see myself using this bike as a base for further upgrade.. Gonna sort out a new saddle next. The stock wasn't comfy... The rest of the upgrades are just trinkets right now. A little colour here and there.

I suggest we ignore the other poster in this thread btw, there is some sort of odd agenda there.
    Just upgrading was my initial plan tbh but I've realised that evne with upgrading it would never be the bike that would really suit me. The bike suits me looks to be more travel and bouncy :D For me, it makes more sense to save the cash for a new full sus.

All the stuff on my Fury that's changed is all trinkets really too. Things like qr seat clamp, pedals, grips, saddle and tyres all add to the overall riding experience imensely though.

+1 on ignoring the ignorant other poster, if this was the crudcather, his ending would involve a ditch and a head pointing backwards.
  • chrisjnr19
    chrisjnr19 Posts: 231
    getonyourbike... i'm afraid I do not, simply because you have made a succesful bike purchase, does not mean that you can look down on those that have not. As a forum user it is part of your unwritten duty to offer guidance to those that need help, despite the apparent ignorance that they portray.
    Shukur,- I would certainly say that the Fury's are worth it, although they have flaws (as does any bike), Agian I say just buy a bike that has a good sturdy frame and decent forks, the rest will almost certainly be replaced, wether it is because you break them, or simply down to personal taste.
    I would say, If you want a Fury for a good price... go on ebay, and while I dislike the attitude that CERTAIN members of the forum have displayed, your critical attitude to bikes that you do not own, and have never owned, is bordering on being irritating. Also I belive part of the reason that you have not been able to get a bike is your rather crude way of speaking, as you said the man in the shop went "ferocious" at your response to his claim. At least attempt to be diplomatic.
    This is your first bike purchase, you have no reason to be picky, or to spend £900 on a bike, you never know you might not even get into MTB'ing and then you'll be stuck with a lump of useless aluminium lying around in your garage.

That's my advice :D
  • getonyourbike
    edited May 2011
    chrisjnr19 wrote:
    getonyourbike... i'm afraid I do not, simply because you have made a succesful bike purchase, does not mean that you can look down on those that have not. As a forum user it is part of your unwritten duty to offer guidance to those that need help, despite the apparent ignorance that they portray.
    Shukur,- I would certainly say that the Fury's are worth it, although they have flaws (as does any bike), Agian I say just buy a bike that has a good sturdy frame and decent forks, the rest will almost certainly be replaced, wether it is because you break them, or simply down to personal taste.
    I would say, If you want a Fury for a good price... go on ebay, and while I dislike the attitude that CERTAIN members of the forum have displayed, your critical attitude to bikes that you do not own, and have never owned, is bordering on being irritating. Also I belive part of the reason that you have not been able to get a bike is your rather crude way of speaking, as you said the man in the shop went "ferocious" at your response to his claim. At least attempt to be diplomatic.
    This is your first bike purchase, you have no reason to be picky, or to spend £900 on a bike, you never know you might not even get into MTB'ing and then you'll be stuck with a lump of useless aluminium lying around in your garage.

That's my advice :D
    I previously did try to be helpful as you'll be able to see in my Fury thread but after a while of basically spamming any thread involving a Fury, slagging the bikes off half the time, that he's never even ridden and not taking advice onboard I've just grown sick and tired of it. His crude speak doesn't help matters either.
  • kaytronika
    edited May 2011
    Just upgrading was my initial plan tbh but I've realised that evne with upgrading it would never be the bike that would really suit me. The bike suits me looks to be more travel and bouncy :D For me, it makes more sense to save the cash for a new full sus.

I think I can see what you mean. I'm pretty relaxed about riding a hardtail for now. The only FS I ever rode was a circa 1996 GT LTS 3, it was pretty awful :lol: Maybe one day I'll just buy a second hand FS frame.

Still can't beat riding rigid front and rear with cantilevers and thumbies for learning your way around a bike though ;)

chrisjnr19:
    Appreciate your input, we've tried to be really patient with this other poster, we've advised and I've identified all the places where I've bought my bike and upgrades from earlier in the thread... Yet still he asks. I'm clearly not in a position where I want to sell my own bike, yet still he asks. So I think it's best to just move on. The answers are there if he wants them.
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • getonyourbike
    kaytronika wrote:
    Still can't beat riding rigid front and rear with cantilevers and thumbies for learning your way around a bike though ;)
    I'll 2nd that, I've been there, done that. It's a lot more fun, less painfull and far faster with some suspension forks on the front though.
  • shukur
    chris thats right lad, you tell em, bunch of monkeys.

basically, the guy at the shop said, im not lowering the price any more for you, i said, you said it was new and i travelled all this way to buy a old bike used etc, so thats my point, waste of a day when i could have been doing my coursework.

well thing is chris, have you seen the trek 6500? brown and bronze? their beautiful but, if i can spend a bit more on the price i can get a better bike than the fury, or maybe not, maybe some expensive bikes like the trek are not as good, the carrera has 5 year frame guarantee and the trek has lifetime, these are hard decisions to make and also when they are relatively similar in price!

ebay theres a lot of timewasters as well, they don't even offer postage or, most of them do not sell an 18" frame

by the way these forum members geton ya bike and the other female are admins.
    they need a slap, they do because its their fault for coming down on my level, they should stay civilised, its just a post for gods sake, isin't anyone allowed to ask questions and opinions, do we have to be perfect, its not like you're going to print this out and pin it on your wall are you
  • kaytronika
    kaytronika wrote:
    I'll 2nd that, I've been there, done that. It's a lot more fun, less painfull and far faster with some suspension forks on the front though.

My third bike :wink:

dscf4002_157.jpg

Thats a 22 year old bike BTW, frame lasted longer than the company who made it.

Out of interest, am I the other female? I've man boobs and long hair. I don't wear a frock though, the Mrs says I haven't got the bum for it.
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    shukur wrote:
    chris thats right lad, you tell em, bunch of monkeys.

basically, the guy at the shop said, im not lowering the price any more for you, i said, you said it was new and i travelled all this way to buy a old bike used etc, so thats my point, waste of a day when i could have been doing my coursework.

well thing is chris, have you seen the trek 6500? bro................Trek...............£900.......................your Fury is crap and shiny.....................I like your Fury.....................................18"..........................if I.........I could buy a £10,000 bike for a pound and it could be rubbish......

please please go away...
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • kaytronika
    I think I might go and get my '03 Avalanche back of my mate
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • getonyourbike
    kaytronika wrote:
    kaytronika wrote:

My third bike :wink:

dscf4002_157.jpg

Thats a 22 year old bike BTW, frame lasted longer than the company who made it.

Out of interest, am I the other female? I've man boobs and long hair. I don't wear a frock though, the Mrs says I haven't got the bum for it.
    not bad :D
  • shukur
    infact, I may just go tomorrow and buy it, it's only a bike, can't be arsed buying 2 bikes, it's just that one might get nicked know what I mean, I wanted 2 and use one as a replacement.

i just can't understand why it has a glossy paint, never seen a bike like that before, the boardman looks lush though, oh, and i'm gonna add kcns parts to the whole of the carrera bike all in green colour, trouble is, moneys too tight. unless, someones willing to give them away to me for free or what?!
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    This guy is a genius..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    shukur wrote:

i just can't understand why it has a glossy paint

Have you ever seen a bike before? The vast majority of bikes have a glossy or metallic paint finish.