Who on BR has bought a 'cheap' Chinese carbon frame?

Comments

• carbonzone do do the FM015 but they call it the RB003 here:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-New-3k-full ... 27b99124cd
  • Do we have any reviews or comparisions of these carbon wheels?
    Cannondale F500
    Peugeot Fixed Gear
    Specialized Hardrock
    Baordman Team Carbon
    Haro Freestyler Sport 1984
    Coming Soon...Canyon Nerve AM 7.0
  • Hi everyone...
    Been hearing alot about Carbonzone, but has anyone been on ebay and noticed "e_baygoods" ??
    I've fallen in love with a few of their frames,but before I make a move I just wondered if anyone has had any experience with them??
    Cheers
    Make mine an Italian...with Campagnolo on the side!!
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    Just read this for the first time.Wow!
    While I admit I'm a bit of a label junkie, the appeal of spending less on a frame allowing me to go for a great set of wheels/top end groupset is very strong!!

Maybe a Planet X is a happy medium with a bit of a 'label'?
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    ga02clr wrote:
    Has anybody used www.farsports.cn ?? Thinking of getting some wheels.

I've also been looking at these guys and would be interested in any feedback on their carbon rims/wheels.
  • ga02clr
    ga02clr Posts: 97
    I emailed www.farsports.cn last Saturday and yet to hear anything back. Not promising.
  • campagone
    campagone Posts: 270
    edited April 2011
    What are your experiences with Carbonzone delivery times?
    I bought a 52cm FM028/RB002 frame in matt black on the 16th of March. They warned me it would take 7 to 9 business days to paint it wich at the time I felt was acceptable. But it's now the first of April and they still haven't posted the frame out to me ( I don't think so anyway, no email telling me they have and 'my ebay' dispatch notice hasn't been updated either)
    I emailed them earlier this week and they said they had been moving factory and office at the start of the week that they had delayed all shipping, but that my frame was now ready and it would be posted this week.
    Don't they send out an email with tracking number when they post the item out?
    I must say I am starting to lose patience with Carbonzone after all the praise I've read about them in this thread.
  • yaya
    yaya Posts: 411
    campagone wrote:
    I bought a 52cm FM028/RB002 frame in matt black on the 16th of October. They warned me it would take 7 to 9 business days to paint it wich at the time I felt was acceptable. But it's now the first of April and they still haven't posted the frame out to me ( I don't think so anyway, no email telling me they have and 'my ebay' dispatch notice hasn't been updated either)
    I emailed them earlier this week and they said they had been moving factory and office at the start of the week that they had delayed all shipping, but that my frame was now ready and it would be posted this week.
    I must say I am starting to lose patience with Carbonzone after all the praise I've read about them in this thread.

You're joking, right?

3.5 months for an eBay item??????
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    Can someone point me in the direction of a Chinarello-Pained in Team Sky Colours ?

Many Thanks

Gaz
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    gb155 wrote:
    Can someone point me in the direction of a Chinarello-Pained in Team Sky Colours ?

Many Thanks

Gaz

Did it not work out with the new one Gaz?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    DesWeller wrote:
    gb155 wrote:

Many Thanks

Gaz

Did it not work out with the new one Gaz?

Yup, I am LOVING It

but I want to build a "Best" now, I have a little money spare , so want to spend it on a bike that not only rides really well, but that also looks the part.
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • campagone
    campagone Posts: 270
    edited April 2011
    yaya wrote:
    campagone wrote:
    I bought a 52cm FM028/RB002 frame in matt black on the 16th of October. They warned me it would take 7 to 9 business days to paint it wich at the time I felt was acceptable. But it's now the first of April and they still haven't posted the frame out to me ( I don't think so anyway, no email telling me they have and 'my ebay' dispatch notice hasn't been updated either)

You're joking, right?

3.5 months for an eBay item??????

Brain drain, dont know what I was thinking I meant March, shows how the whole thing is doing my head in, post now edited :oops:
    It's just that when I buy something online I usually expect and find that things come relatively quickly. I know it's coming from China so I know it will take longer, but what gets me is that it's still as far as I know not been posted. And I don't want to be a pain in the a**e emailing them everyday askin where it is.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    gb155 wrote:

Many Thanks

Gaz

Something to go with the fake Rolex? :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Had a quick blast with the new front wheel today.

Very impressed! (Also forgot how good decent tubs were...)
    They are as stiff as I need (noticed no flex whatsoever) and, in the strong wind, handled fine. Not sure how 'fast' it is yet as not had a proper spin.

Going out for an interval session in a mo, I'll report back!

I may take a photimagraph too.
  • I had a quick chat with Yishun Stefano on skype earlier about frames. apparently they have to new ones coming at the end of april. I wonder what they've copied now?

Im intrigued!
  • Started this topic back in Jan and I can't believe it took me until this morning to Paypal the money to Dengfu. :oops:

Mina has been fantastic. Hopefully my FM028 will be too :)
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Ekimike quote: I think you'll find monocoque production is producing the lightest and stiffest frames around.

C'mon - make your mind up :wink:

FWIW One of the German bike mags did a test of frames for stiffness - top of the heap was a Pegoretti made from aluminium alloy.

Back to the debate, there's nothing to suggest these unbranded Chinese products are inferior to their 'branded' equivalents - the only record of any failure I've seen was due to a numbtie over-exuberatly sanding a fork steerer in order to get a crown race to fit which soon resulted in a broken fork!
    I thought it was a Peg Marcelo made from steel? or was that the 2nd stiffest?
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • Anonymous
    Just had a blast with the new wheel, a bit of work at Threshold.

Wheel felt (and sounded) very fast. This was reflected in my speed/power results from the threshold ride

Weight is 70g heavier than a Zipp 808 front but this has more spokes (less aero but stronger for a fatty like me) and this is deeper (more aero...) It is also one fifth the price!
    Plenty stiff enough for me.

Slight pulsing under breaking (with Swissstop yellow) but braking generally good. Obviously not tried in the wet yet but can't see it being an issue.

Service and contact from Dengfu was great.

Highly recommended.

Finally...

Tubs are ace! Forgot how much better they feel than clinchers. (Used a Vittoria Chrono Evo 20mm)

d1c71d37.jpg
  • Yesterday I finally paid Dengfu via Paypal for my FM028 :D

Today my email to Mina bounced back with "Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:" :(

So I tried Skype and Dengfubike is off-line :(

Hopefully, it a short-term local issue and all will be fine :cry:
  • gb155 wrote:

Many Thanks

Gaz

Whilst not in sky colours perhaps they would if you asked them to?
    http://made-in-ican.en.alibaba.com/prod ... frame.html
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • term1te
    ga02clr wrote:
    I emailed www.farsports.cn last Saturday and yet to hear anything back. Not promising.

I got a very quick and polite reply from them. Although I'm struggling to find a way to justify a set of 1200g 50mm carbon wheels, even at their price.
  • mcrdave
    mcrdave Posts: 501
    Term1te wrote:
    ga02clr wrote:

I got a very quick and polite reply from them. Although I'm struggling to find a way to justify a set of 1200g 50mm carbon wheels, even at their price.

The farsport site isn't the best is it? All the code names for the wheels are there but no pics or descriptions or prices, any ideas how to navigate this!? Or has anyone got a pricelist. I'm looking for 50mm clinchers ideally under 1500gms.

ta
    Dave
  • well I have bitten the bullet and ordered an FM015 58cm ISP frameset + 38mm tubs and carbon handlebars off carbonzone have been told the items will be sent this week ...I can't wait!
  • term1te
    mcrdave wrote:
    Term1te wrote:
    ga02clr wrote:

The farsport site isn't the best is it? All the code names for the wheels are there but no pics or descriptions or prices, any ideas how to navigate this!? Or has anyone got a pricelist. I'm looking for 50mm clinchers ideally under 1500gms.

ta
    Dave

I was quoted 630USD for their FSC50-TP wheel set, 50mm rims ca. 1200g or 158.40USD each for the FSP50-T rims. Plus 75USD shipping.
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Wheel stuff

Very very nice. Must...resist...
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • stardude
    stardude Posts: 255
    how long do the carbon wheels last? surly the braking surface must wear down very quickly?
  • Anonymous
    stardude wrote:
    how long do the carbon wheels last? surly the braking surface must wear down very quickly?

About a week then you need a new rim.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    NapoleonD wrote:
    stardude wrote:

My LBS told me it was more like 3 or 4 weeks
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    stardude wrote:

My LBS told me it was more like 3 or 4 weeks

They would. :wink:

Some LBS even tell people Boardman Bikes are carp - that's probably cos they can't sell them! :lol: