Still in shorts?

Comments

• SecretSam wrote:
    Am still shorted (with knee warmers when a little chilly)

But I must confess to wearing waterproof trews this AM due to the wet stuff

AND WILL THE WIND PLEASE F**K OFF!!!!!

No it's just the right direction I don't think the hack could go faster with out being dropped off a cliff... ;)
  • Still shorts baby yeah!

Although technically they're 3/4 length, so cover the knees quite nicely. I also don't own anything else suitable. I have however, taken to sometimes doing up my waterproof fluoro instead of leaving it undone.
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • Managed to catch the bottom of the leg of my waterproof trews in the bottle cage this morning with much weaving and hilarity (not) as I attempt to stay upright in hideous cross wind whilst extricating myself.

But still in shorts underneth.....
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Fluro-waterproof top and shorts today.

Yesterday's lunchtime ride was full on shorts and tshirt though :)
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • Shorts and knee warmers for me - not quite windy enough to feel the need for anything heavier on the legs
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Shorts and knee warmers for me

+1 though today it was bibshorts cause of the rain, normally it's Altura baggies and kneewarmers if the temperature demands them.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    It's not cold, it's cold, it's warm, but not warm enough to be warm, but cold enough to be cold, but it's wet and windy, so it feels cold. WTF is up with the weather?

I was briefly in shorts last week (unheard of for me at this time of year). Back in 3.4 tights and bib shorts now.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    -2 here yesterday at 6am i am definitely in full leggings for the foreseeable future .
    FCN 3/5/9
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    Still in baggy shorts and one layer up top. Never wear waterproofs - my commute isn't long enough to bother with all that! Base layer if it gets down to around freezing...
    Still breathing.....
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Cheap Tracky B's for my commute, and almost everything else for that matter, don't like cold legs, and I don't do tights :wink:
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    cjcp wrote:
    It's not cold, it's cold, it's warm, but not warm enough to be warm, but cold enough to be cold, but it's wet and windy, so it feels cold. WTF is up with the weather?

I was briefly in shorts last week (unheard of for me at this time of year). Back in 3.4 tights and bib shorts now.

Yeah, seriously. The temperature seems to have been all over the shop the past few weeks.
    I've settled on shorts + long sleeved top as a happy medium for now.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Saw a bloke in shorts and t shirt this am, wasn't freezing today but still...

Was a bit windy too. Car coped fine.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Over-dressed this morning. Was a sweaty mess when I got to work partly due to too many layers, partly due to the last three miles riding straight into the headwind. Leaves blowing into my face for the whole way. Not fun.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Just base layer long sleeve jersey and baggies over lycra this morning, was cool for a few miles till warmed up then felt fine, was warmer tonight but only just.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Was walking to the supermarket earlier and saw a chap in Castelli body paint shorts. His legs were red. Red, I tell you! Leg-warmers are good, m'kay, cuz warmers are good
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Still in just shorts today but added a ls base layer under the ss jersey and long fingered gloves. I was a bit sweaty but not too bad.

Nice to be back on the steed.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Still shorts... knees were feeling it though, as were hands despite 2 glove layers. Need to get perfect glove system, not got it yet.

-4C this morning and plenty of frozen leaves at the side of the roads. Took it easy, as didn't want another "off".
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    No
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Most definately not in shorts this morning! Wore some fleece lined 3/4 bib shorts and was freezing! Needed full length!! :roll: :lol:
    FCN 7

FCN 4

if you use irrational measures to measure me, expect me to behave irrationally to measure up
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Thinking of getting some 3/4 as its the same as baggies with kneewarmers
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    edited November 2010
    Shorts are packed away now until spring - was -1.8C in Richmond Park this evening.....brrrrrr
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,404
    Well I did have my jeans rolled up this morning, and again this evening whilst on the Dahon, if that counts.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Walked to work, so jeans and t-shirt with sleeveless hoodie. Just right so i didn't sweat :)
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I saw people in shorts this morning! It was 1.1C when I got up and about 1.3 when I set off...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    0C and it's still shorts weather. Might need some knee pads soon.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Giant man was still in running shorts this morning :shock:
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Still rocking the 3/4 length Endura Humvees. Still, if it gets much colder I might have to do my jacket up all the way to top. And find where on earth I put my buff...
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    I'm still in shorts.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Still in shorts. Legs weren't that cold this morning, but a baselayer on top (under jersey and light jacket) would have been nice.

Thinking of getting some 3/4 longs, but would I look stupid?
    exercise.png
  • rhann
    rhann Posts: 383
    shorts on way home didnt brave it this morning though, will have to tommorrow