Still in shorts?

Comments

• Tights and LS top for me today, and a gilet!

I've got a cold :(
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Tights and LS top for me today, and a gilet!

I've got a cold :(
    :(
    Just getting over one. Do. Not. Like.

Today was bibshorts and kneewarmers, ls top and armwarmers. Still in mitts but if it gets any colder I'll break out the long-finger gloves...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    Baggies with undershorts. Did put on long fingered gloves today but the kind that are lightweight with holes in the back plus an old sweatshirt, though I regretted that later.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Currently wearing normal shorts, long or short sleeve jersey under a softshell jacket, I am awaiting some 3/4 shorts in the post then after that knee warmers and when it drops to about 5 or so then the tights come out but not until then cause I have a tendency to boil quickly if over wrapped.
  • Alphabet
    Alphabet Posts: 436
    first day of tights today. mmm... waaaarm
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Weather forecast is showing min temp for Tuesday night to be 1 (ONE) degree celsius.

So tights on Wednesday morning then. :shock:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Dilemma isn't it : did the Severn Bridge sportive Sunday and was in shorts and fingerless gloves. At 8.00 in the morning I was absolutely bl**dy freezing and wishing I'd done what nearly everyone else had and put on thermal overshoes, long mits, neck warmers and tights.

By 11.30 it was a glorious day and with the sun up everyone else was all uncomfortable and sweaty like large, puffy, red faced sweaty things and I was as happy as larry ....
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Shorts all winter for me with the addition of knee warmers when cold enough. LF gloves most of the year too even through the height of summer whenever that was.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Weather forecast is showing min temp for Tuesday night to be 1 (ONE) degree celsius.

So tights on Wednesday morning then. :shock:

We've got 0 forcast for round here, joy!

I've got to get some warmer socks soon.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,165
    3/4 shorts are enough for now, not even into winter socks yet. Short sleeve base layer + windproof jacket is a bit too warm after the first few miles.

It's a bit nippy stepping out the door but I cycle faster in the morning and problem solved :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • howie3472
    howie3472 Posts: 110
    It depends on what is happening outside knee warmers recently in the morning chilly (5.30) but shots on the way home. did wimp out once two weeks ago as it was wet out so tights were the order of the morning regreted on the way home as the sun was out( can not win was also in long fingered gloves damn the weather)
    Trek 1.2
    FCN 5
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    I've been wearing knee warmers all summer :oops:
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Shorts unless rainwatch says otherwise (for now).
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Shorts and tshirt with half finger gloves. But then again that's what i wore for the LFGSS xmas day ride last year so it's not surprising.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    Always shorts, whatever the weather.

But I might buy some merino wool pants.
  • Alphabet
    all man today, back in the lycra shorts. RAAAARRR!
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    full winter gear today. but then im riding home at 11ish tonight. had it been a normal day id have gone with winter jersey and shorts
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Worn today:

Endura bib shorts underneath, ShuttVR Winter bib tights on top. PlanetX LS Jersey, Gore Xenon II windstopper jacket, Spesh mitts. For winter I may just wear another base layer, but I think it will have to get a fair bit colder than this.

Legs were toasty warm and comfortable. I could manage with just shorts, but why would I do that? :)
  • Gave up on shorts 2 weeks ago, then gave up on 3/4 length and switched to full tights after seeing the frost yesterday morning.
    I still saw one person in shorts though.
  • Alphabet
    Bobbygloss wrote:
    Gave up on shorts 2 weeks ago, then gave up on 3/4 length and switched to full tights after seeing the frost yesterday morning.
    I still saw one person in shorts though.

that was me - looking the absolute business
  • Jeans when it's dry, Howies waterproof jeans when it's wet.
    If it was my old 25 mile commute, it'll still be baggies until it gets frosty, then it'll be 3/4 baggies with slim knee pads and long socks.
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    Shorts yesterday, tights today

Cosy knees are the future
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Swrve 3/4s all year round. Occasionally supplemented by football socks if the temperature has a minus sign in front of it. Prefer more socks to leg warmers since the extra layer stops the feet getting cold.

Made the mistake of wearing a tracksuit top this morning. Too hot, back to t-shirt tomorrow.
  • Yeah, I was a tad too hot yesterday evening - for some reason I had an Altura night vision on over my long sleeved top and bib tights. That was a tad overenthusiastic.

However, I was glad of my long sleeves and bibs again this morning.
  • I wore full length tights today for the first time and was far too warm. It's back to just shorts Iagain for the rest of the week I think (although I am tempted by getting some 3/4s)
  • prawny
    Today, SS jersey armwarmer and gilet, shorts and knee warmers and a cap under my helmet. Perfick.

Feet were a bit chilly though, but my winter boots make my toes go numb in thin socks, so not worth it yet.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • First time since summer with two layers up top, so warmish.
    Forgot my lid, so head coolish.
    Shorts as per spring/summer, noticed no difference.
    My knees are strange things.
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Anyone wearing just shorts on their legs this morning is mental.

That is all.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • prawny
    Ronhills came out today, brrr.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Lycra shorts, tights and neoprene shoe covers today and yesterday. T shirt and jacket on top... Also using full fingered gloves now. Haven't worn just shorts for a week or 2 now
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.