Still in shorts?

Comments

• prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Saw someone in shorts in brum this morning, nutter.

I was in the car, toastie :oops:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I saw a couple of people in shorts this morning! It was 2C when I set off and that was zone 2 SE London! Definite nutters...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • prawny wrote:
    Saw someone in shorts in brum this morning, nutter.

I was in the car, toastie :oops:

I saw 2 or 3 in shorts on my run into the city today, quite impressive given that I arrive at 7am.

-2.5 degrees at the start of the journey apparently.

Gorgeous morning though.
  • Duffer65
    Duffer65 Posts: 341
    Three quarters / shorts + knee warmers. But nothing at the moment as I've f**ked up my Meniscus..oo er.
    Where would you be if you fell down a hole?.. Stuck down a hole... in the fog... Stuck down a hole, in the fog, at night... WITH AN OWL!
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    I could cut off my nose to spite my face. But I won't. My knees will be covered until march at the earliest.

Broke out the ls baselayer today after switching to the ls jersey yesterday. All is good.

Lovely morning. Bright sunshine, blue skies and frost on the fields. I bet Richmond Park was a sight :D

Edit: @Duffer65 owww!
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    Put my full leg warmers on this morning under my shorts + base layer, jersey, and jacket on top. Also full winter gloves. So glad I did, I arrived at work and my little fingers were numb from the cold. It was around 1C on my commute this morning at 7:30. Coldest morning so far...

Maybe I need to MTFU? :P
    FCN 2 to 8
  • its shorts for me still, :)

but I am looking forward to my overshoes arriving (ordered yesterday) and I REALLY need to buy some proper gloves
  • MartinGT
    MartinGT Posts: 475
    Leg warmers in t'morning legs out at night.
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    Still in shorts this morning but I had my ear-warmers on so no problem :D

Am I stupid? Dunno you decide but once I'm up the top of Lewisham Way, then I'm hot enough anyway.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I did add a skull cap under my helmet this morning but was constanly pushing the glasses back onto my head as I couldn't hook the arms behind my ears. Might have to try the Lidl glasses with the headband.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Still in shorts (but have base layer shorts underneath) and added the skull cap when I saw the frost a couple of days ago. Cold enough for full finger gloves and almost cold enough to avoid getting sweaty, but trousers are strictly rain only.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Pufftmw wrote:
    Still in shorts this morning but I had my ear-warmers on so no problem :D

Am I stupid? Dunno you decide but once I'm up the top of Lewisham Way, then I'm hot enough anyway.

Ear warmers? How do they keep your legs warm?! I cross Lewisham Way sometimes to head down Friendly St... I'll look out for you - do you have those big fluffy headphone style ones?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Sweaty betty this mornin. Last nights ride home sans bag was glorious - was much cooler without back items - ponders saddle bag - though can I fit shirt in them...

and no, I'm not getting panniers :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Sweaty betty this mornin. Last nights ride home sans bag was glorious - was much cooler without back items - ponders saddle bag - though can I fit shirt in them...

and no, I'm not getting panniers :D

How about this set-up? Would do wonders for your FCN...

CannondaleM500_5_xga_web.jpg
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    Still bloody tropical out there at the moment. Definitely shorts weather. Can't comprehend all these people in tights and three layers, just because it's November. Smiley Scottish Smiley Carrol on the BBC said it was going to be 15 today - that's a decent summers day!
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    I had a couple of 'boil in the bag' moments last week with my windproof so I've sacked it off till it actually starts getting cold...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • W1 wrote:
    Smiley Scottish Smiley Carrol on the BBC said it was going to be 15 today - that's a decent summers day!

She does lie, though. I remember well cursing her one morning for telling me there was "hardly a breath of wind" as I pushed my way through a thick headwind up the toughest climb of my commute.
    Summer: 2012 Trek Madone 3.5
    Winter: 2013 Trek Crockett 5
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Broken the shorts back out this week. It's absolutely balmy out there.

Still go the Merino wool top for the ride home, though.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Mr Plum wrote:
    I had a couple of 'boil in the bag' moments last week with my windproof so I've sacked it off till it actually starts getting cold...

Me too, SS jersey for this morning's ride in.
  • CXXC
    CXXC Posts: 237
    back to shorts and ss since last week, and LOVING IT :D

www.redlightjump.co.uk

FCN 3 (FCN 4 if I'm carrying clean pants)
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Shorts all the way..... but might get some tights for evening MTBing.... or when it goes way south of zero.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Getting a bit blustery down 'ere in the capitalllll. Bit of a chill to the wind too. Going home is going to be "fun"
  • Wallace1492
    Getting a bit blustery down 'ere in the capitalllll. Bit of a chill to the wind too. Going home is going to be "fun"

A "chilly" 10C for you? Oh dear, my heart bleeds.... :lol:
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Getting a bit blustery down 'ere in the capitalllll. Bit of a chill to the wind too. Going home is going to be "fun"

I doubt it. At the temperatures you have to endure up in the frozen north, I'm surprised your blood is still liquid. :P
  • notsoblue wrote:

I doubt it. At the temperatures you have to endure up in the frozen north, I'm surprised your blood is still liquid. :P

Hence the anti-freeze or 20/20 they drink up there :D
  • Wallace1492
    notsoblue wrote:

Blood? Well, a good dose of whisky keeps it from freezing :wink:

And I recommend a 17 y.o. Glengoyne.
  • notsoblue wrote:

Blood? Well, a good dose of whisky keeps it from freezing :wink:

And I recommend a 17 y.o. Glengoyne.

i thought bucky was good anti-freeze? :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Still wearing shorts in Durham, although I wore a l/s jersey and a softshell jacket today.

Added overshoes to the mix today.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Am still shorted (with knee warmers when a little chilly)

But I must confess to wearing waterproof trews this AM due to the wet stuff

AND WILL THE WIND PLEASE F**K OFF!!!!!

It's just a hill. Get over it.