Lets have, why do people hate the public sector?

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    You've lost me.

King Kong was/is a Gorilla. Gorilla's are apes, Gorillas, I'm told can't swim.

Don't ruin this for me, I thought i had you....darn!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    edited September 2010
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    edit: and no, jaws was a far larger than normal great white.

*And* he was really, really smart. And mean, too.

Let's say the battle takes place in the shallow end, but that Mighty Kong isn't allowed to touch the side or get out. That should progress matters.

Have you ever tried to throw a punch under water? Try it.

The minute the fight is in the water Jaws wins.

If Jaws jumped out of water and Kong was able to:
    i) Catch him
    ii) Avoid the mouth
    ii) Keep him out of water or snap him

Kong would win.

See: it's all about tactics.

Actually, it's more of a Kobyashi Maru-type test. Whichever option the candidate goes for can be made to appear the wrong one. The test is how the candidate copes with the weight of counterveiling argument.

Ah, see, now I've given the game away.

ETA: bollox. Have edited this when I meant to post a new reply. Bollox.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    You've lost me.

Nope pwn already down... and I feel my work here is done

Choo choo

18ukraine.600.jpg
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Greg66 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

Let's say the battle takes place in the shallow end, but that Mighty Kong isn't allowed to touch the side or get out. That should progress matters.

i) Catch him
    ii) Avoid the mouth

Kong would win.

[quote="DonDaddyD"Also was Jaws a man fish or a lady fish?

Are you suggesting that Mighty Kong might go for a low blow? Or the "I'm a lover, not a fighter" approach?[/quote]

Rabbit punch to the spiral valve?!
  • I work within an SME and have previously been in the corporate sector. I'd choose SME every time due to the ability to move fast, take on more responsibility and shine brighter within the workplace. Yes there is a bit less security than corporate private sector work, but I thrive on pressure and challenging myself - SME employment gives me all that.

But working for an SME makes the difference in attitude between private sector and public sector employees all the more apparent. While a private sector employee will battle to get a job done on time, on budget and right first time (because their survival in the workplace probably depends on it), a public sector worker generally doesn't have that same motivation, or if they did have, it's been institutionally removed from their psyche.

Add to that the complete anachronism of union activity within the public sector and you can see why private sector employees have issue.......

Absolutely - A lot of people forget most people in this country work in SMEs, however they don't have the same voice as a large corporation of unionised workers. The only way for them to grow their salary and responsibility is to ensure the company's success by increasing the size of the business organically or if they have cash reserves or access to bank assistance an acquisition, though of another SME.

It would be very interesting to see how SME management principles would work in the public sector.

By trumpeting the work ethic an SME employee is not to take away from extremely skilled and hard-working public workers, who frankly do a job I couldn't do and I take my hat off to Coppers who deal with violence, Nurses and Doctors who save lives, teachers who inspire a generation and council workers who are constantly under fire no matter what they seem to do - I bet any Daily Mail reader couldn't organise sanitation services like they could!
    What wheels...? Wheelsmith.co.uk!
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    ...and you should have picked up that a monkey can swim

Monkey? Yes. Gorilla? No.

There seems to be some debate as to whether large primates like Orangs & Gorillas are able to swim. Kong is close enough in form to compare, I would think, and it seems that he would be extremely unlikely to be in deep enough water to encounter a large shark.

So- no fight... sorry.

Cheers,
    W.

Ahh, no, see. Sharks (incl Great Whites) can come very close in shore. Paddling depths.

FACT!

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • and it seems that he would be extremely unlikely to be in deep enough water to encounter a large shark.

Ahh, but he is so huge - he could easily be in enough water (sitting) and keep his head out of the water that jaws could come in for a quick nibble...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    You've lost me.

Given that he's fictional, you should probably ask his creator what he is...

As I said before- he's pretty much the same shape as a gorilla. It's probably reasonable to assume that he wouldn't be happy in deep water, for the same reasons as a gorilla... Even if able to swim, it's unlikely that he'd be in a position to take on a shark, just as the shark would probably struggle to tackle Kong in a jungle (or urban) environment.

Cheers,
    W.
  • DonDaddyD
    Cleverpun, there will be a next time :evil:

Kong cannot swim. Dude must weigh at least 50tons and then there is the fur that when wet will be even more heavy and then there is the drag. Still it's in water, Kong won't be able to move faster than Jaws in water, its like man trying to outrun a dog. Sharks were created perfect and have never had to evolve. In water the fight would look like Yoda vs Count Dooku.

How do we know that Orangutans can swim? Whose thrown a Orangutan into water? Chimps can swim, so Google tells me.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    How do we know that Orangutans can swim? Whose thrown a Orangutan into water? Chimps can swim, so Google tells me.

These people have thrown an Oranutang into water...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyoBxKlED6s

I'm not convinced they can swim though :S
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sharks were created perfect and have never had to evolve

By?
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sharks were created perfect and have never had to evolve

By?

The public sector.
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Kong cannot swim. Dude must weigh at least 50tons .

Yeah, he's heavy, like a whale.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    You've lost me.

According to Wikipedia, it's more of a preference than an inability. They will however wade, which would do in this situation I think.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • King Kong would win in any situation, if he watched the same documentary I did.*

Sharks can be immediately incapacitated if they are turned upside down.

Killer Whales have learned this and can take a shark in a fair fight. Google it.

* They wouldn't need to have watched the documentary, a quick chat with me, a killer whale or googling "beating a shark in a fair fight" would soon put them right
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • King Kong would win in any situation, if he watched the same documentary I did.*

I doubt that Northern Irish TV transmitters have the range to reach Skull Island.

Besides, wouldn't Kong need a really really huge remote control to turn the TV on? His fingers are waaaay too fat for a regular remote.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Greg66 wrote:
    King Kong would win in any situation, if he watched the same documentary I did.*

I doubt that Northern Irish TV transmitters have the range to reach Skull Island.

Besides, wouldn't Kong need a really really huge remote control to turn the TV on? His fingers are waaaay too fat for a regular remote.

touch screen tv - a fucking big one mind. No idea of the number of pixels needed and no doubt powered by a large human "hamster" wheel too. Eco friendly?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Cleverpun, there will be a next time :evil:

Kong cannot swim. Dude must weigh at least 50tons and then there is the fur that when wet will be even more heavy and then there is the drag. Still it's in water, Kong won't be able to move faster than Jaws in water, its like man trying to outrun a dog. Sharks were created perfect and have never had to evolve. In water the fight would look like Yoda vs Count Dooku.

Bzzzt. On at least two points. Fairly sure a lot of ships weigh more than 50 tons, and float quite nicely, whereas I sink - density relative to water is the critical factor. Sharks did evolve same as everything else, they've just found a comfy niche for a while. And thirdly, that depends on the dog - greyhound: not so much, dachshund: I think I'd give it a go.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Clever Pun
    Who gives a cr@p about kong vs Jaws.. it's all about Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus

I know who wins I've seen the film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa7ck5mcd1o
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    Who gives a cr@p about kong vs Jaws.. it's all about Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus

I started to watch a bit then caught the bit where it attacks a destroyer... I couldn't watch any more after that.
  • DonDaddyD
    Greg66 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

i) Catch him
    ii) Avoid the mouth

Kong would win.

Actually, it's more of a Kobyashi Maru-type test. Whichever option the candidate goes for can be made to appear the wrong one. The test is how the candidate copes with the weight of counterveiling argument.

Ah, see, now I've given the game away.

ETA: bollox. Have edited this when I meant to post a new reply. Bollox.

Your edit reminded me,

I have built the new PC and have uploaded this! Star Trek Online. Yes Greg, that is the entire Star Trek Universe on the Internet. Several years after the explosion of Romulus in the main timeline (not the alternate movie timeline) the Federation is at War with the Klingons, while other threats (Speices 8472, Borg, Breen, Dominion, Cardassians, Romulans) lurk near. With new ships including the mighty Emisarry Class named after one Benjamin Sisko, I as Captain of my own star ship will boldly go seeking out new life and civilisations!

(See I have even made my own intro monologue!)

You can vist Deep space nine, go to the Gamma Quadrant, fight various villains, enter the neutral zone or beam down to a planet and "investigate"! Or, simply hang out at the nearest star base drinking ractagino!

I cannot wait and if I had no girlfriend I would book a weeks holiday from work, close the curtain and living room door and play nothing but this game, sleeping at my desk and only emerging from my room to get food, water and use the toilet.
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD wrote:
    I cannot wait and if I had no girlfriend I would book a weeks holiday from work

Or being in the Public Sector just pull a sickie, or even better, get a medical leave of absence - always seems to be a popular one.

:wink:
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun wrote:

I started to watch a bit then caught the bit where it attacks a destroyer... I couldn't watch any more after that.

too scared??

Maybe Eagle vs Shark is more your level?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xVMkqaOUS0
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • andyrm
    andyrm Posts: 550
    Clever Pun wrote:

B*ll*cks. It's all about Optimus Prime vs Jesus:

optimus-prime-vs-jesus-christ.jpg[/img]
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I cannot wait and if I had no girlfriend I would book a weeks holiday from work

Or being in the Public Sector just pull a sickie, or even better, get a medical leave of absence - always seems to be a popular one.

:wink:

I have more integrity than that. Besides I'm happy with my 27days leave.
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD wrote:
    Besides I'm happy with my 27days leave.

The case for the prosecution rests m'lud.
  • DonDaddyD
    edited September 2010
    andyrm wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

B*ll*cks. It's all about Optimus Prime vs Jesus:

optimus-prime-vs-jesus-christ.jpg[/img]

Optimus Prime's entrance, fight with megatron and subsequent death must go down as one of the best scenes in animation history.

The guy rolls in jumps (while transforming) in the air and shoots like 3-5 decepticons while mid somersault/kartwheel (one of the greatest TV-fight moves ever!).

Then the greatest pre-fight lines ever!

"Megatron" "Prime"
    "One shall stand and one shall fall"
    "Its you and me Megatron" "No Prime it's just me!"

He then beats down Megatron who only gets the jump on him because of that dickweed Hotrod.

And then that death scene, gets me everytime! Even now. Dropping the matrix, everything goes silent, Optimus turns grey, Daniel (Sparkplugs son) cries and the scene goes black.

Set aside that its a cartoon about massive transforming robots and its the saddest scenes, ever! I'm not ashamed to admit I get a tear in my eye just thinking about it.

I haven't seen the film for about two years and I can still remember it scene by scene. Oh man! Optimus Prime is the greatest.*

"You've got the touch! You've got the pppooowwweeerrr"

*Next to Thor, Thanos and Vegeta

Edit: Serious geekout moment....
    Food Chain number = 4

• PAGING KING KONG

Ive just checked wikipedia and it seems that the turning upside down technique is ineffective on Great Whites. Please DO NOT ATTEMPT this.
  • PAGING KING KONG

Ive just checked wikipedia and it seems that the turning upside down technique is ineffective on Great Whites. Please DO NOT ATTEMPT this.

:roll:

Some cornerman you'd make.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Greg66 wrote:

Some cornerman you'd make.

I'm not putting in Jaw's mouthguard...