Lets have, why do people hate the public sector?

1151617181921»

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Why is my head spinning? *looks at smoothie bottle* What do they put in this stuff?

Edit: this now looks so wrong after Greg's post :shock:
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • I'm *even* bored of MegaMonster duels.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    I'm *even* bored of MegaMonster duels.

didn't samuel johnson say "if a man is bored of megamonster duels, he is bored of life!"
  • That was Samuel L Jackson in MegaMonsterSnakes on a MegaPlane. But he swore.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • PBo
    Greg66 wrote:
    That was Samuel L Jackson in MegaMonsterSnakes on a MegaPlane. But he swore.

Yeah, but who would win in a fight between Mega Samuel L Jackson and Mega John Travolta? My money is on the guy with the wallet that says "Bad MegaMutha fucka" on it
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    cjcp wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    Can we get back in the water?

Wait, I thought Giant Octopus was already in the water, holding Megashark aloft for an indefinite period of time?

It was.

But then everyone stopped watching, and wandered off to watch the argument. So Megashark and Giant Octopus agreed a time out, and have been sunning themselves on the pier ever since, sipping margaritas (they *love* the salt around the edge of the glass. Reminds them of home).

It's not like they fight for fun, you know.

Surely a giant squid is much harder.

depends if it's still frozen

Who's gonna catch it to freeze it? Megashark certainly ain't, and Giant Octopus is a big girl.

Both Megashark and Giant Octopus were frozen millions of years ago and were thawed by reasearch in the arctic... is Giant Squid still there as I'm pretty sure they've have mentioned it if it got out too

Nope. He punched his way out of the ice. He's that hard.

Well now you're just being silly, squids don't have hands
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Can I suggest to the mods that this thread is locked, deleted, the hard drive where the data is stored removed, smashed with a BFH, placed atop a rocket and launched into the heart of the Sun.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • PBo
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Can I suggest to the mods that this thread is locked, deleted, the hard drive where the data is stored removed, smashed with a BFH, placed atop a rocket and launched into the heart of the Sun.

What? And you think that will kill it? Mwaaahhaaaaahaaaaa! This is the
    Megathread

It is invincible!
  • EKE_38BPM
    Would a black hole kill it or would Superman (the film one) have to fly against the rotation of the Earth to go back in time and prevent DDD from staring it in the first place?

• gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    This is why:

PUBLIC SECTOR SALARIES

* 38,045 earn over £100,000
    * 1,000 earn over £200,000
    * 9,187 earn more than PM
    * 10 GPs earn over £300,000
    * 1 GP in Hillingdon PCT earns £475,000
    * 17 teachers earn more than PM
    * 331 BBC managers earn more than £100,000
    * 362 local council employees earn more than PM
  • 'earns more than the PM' is a very misleading comparison.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    gtvlusso wrote:
    This is why:

PUBLIC SECTOR SALARIES

Read this for context: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11319918

FWIW, I don't work in the public sector, but I think its ludicrous to expect public sector salaries to be lower than the private sector. If salaries aren't market competitive, you won't get the right people in the job. Imo, it should be an aspiration to work for the public sector, not a compromise.
  • EKE_38BPM
    Would The Mighty Kong in relatively shallow water survive an attack by a school of piranha?

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Would The Mighty Kong in relatively shallow water survive an attack by a school of piranha?

No, think Star Wars (A New Hope) and all those X-wings going up against the Death Star.

Of course victory depends on one piranha being able to completely navigate the Trench Run...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

No, think Star Wars (A New Hope) and all those X-wings going up against the Death Star.

Of course victory depends on one piranha being able to completely navigate the Trench Run...
    A bit like a MegaSperm fertilizing an egg?

I'll never be able to watch SW again without thinking that. Damn!
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • EKE_38BPM wrote:

Presuming we are talking about horror film style Piranha rather than the real fish than the answer is no.

The Piranha would just need to be patient. Cause enough wounding to the ape and gradually these wounds would become infected. Eventually Kong would weaken and death would inevitable.
  • notsoblue wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:
    This is why:

PUBLIC SECTOR SALARIES

Read this for context: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11319918

FWIW, I don't work in the public sector, but I think its ludicrous to expect public sector salaries to be lower than the private sector. If salaries aren't market competitive, you won't get the right people in the job. Imo, it should be an aspiration to work for the public sector, not a compromise.
    I have spent time in Hong Kong and the quality of public services is visibly better than ours, funded from 5% income tax. Public sector salaries are very high. It’s hard to say if it’s the efficiency is due to being able to attract quality staff, or because the population has fewer drunks, delinquents, vandals, criminals, scroungers and other ne’er-do-wells.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

Presuming we are talking about horror film style Piranha rather than the real fish than the answer is no.

The Piranha would just need to be patient. Cause enough wounding to the ape and gradually these wounds would become infected. Eventually Kong would weaken and death would inevitable.

OK, Kong would be vunerable to they physical attacks of the fish, but how about if he (I assume Kong is a he, but there must be female Kongs too) turned to chemical warfare?

Urinating and defecating.in the water would change the chemical balance and if it was a (small enough) body of still water, the fish (movie version, lets not resort to any reality here) could burn from the uric acid and other chemicals generally. I imagine the blood in the water could have a similar effect.

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

OK, Kong would be vunerable to they physical attacks of the fish, but how about if he (I assume Kong is a he, but there must be female Kongs too) turned to chemical warfare?

Urinating and defecating.in the water would change the chemical balance and if it was a (small enough) body of still water, the fish (movie version, lets not resort to any reality here) could burn from the uric acid and other chemicals generally. I imagine the blood in the water could have a similar effect.

So umm, is this going to happen to any thread that people consider to be boring or a waste of time?
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

General rule of films

The smaller(size) many (number) often defeat the larger(size) few (number).

Or

Smallest/underdogs wins.

Kong would be overwheamled.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game