La Marmotte 2011 - Entry?

Comments

• Rushie
    Rushie Posts: 115
    After this year's Etape and not liking next year's routes I was umming and ahhing about the Marmotte. Guess if the entries are already closed that's the decision made then. Dammit. Might have to think about the Fray Bentos or something Italian instead.
  • They took my money but my name's not on the list.

Sent them a couple of emails and will call them today, but anyone else in the same boat?

Should all entries be posted by now?
    Steel Blue Fixed - Orange Backpack Cover

How do i get a link to a photo in here?!

Fixeh
  • grimpeur
    grimpeur Posts: 230
    I've completed registration and received my dossard number by email.

I would give them a call.
  • airbusboy
    airbusboy Posts: 231
    Hey,

Same boat here. The money has gone, no email recieved but my name does appear on this MASSIVE list:

http://www.sportcommunication.info/web2 ... p?langue=1

I wouldn't be surprised if i entered an incorrect email address.

rgds
    'Ride hard for those who can't.....'
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Anyone have any accommodation suggestions/recommendations?
  • Money gone
    Name was on the list now not on the list
    I new this was a mistake!
    Has everyone got there numbers
  • Ah, my name is on that long list. Excellent stuff! Oh. My. God... time to book stuff and train my nuts off, argh

Thanks
    Steel Blue Fixed - Orange Backpack Cover

How do i get a link to a photo in here?!

Fixeh
  • bs147
    bs147 Posts: 164
    Money gone
    Name was on the list now not on the list
    I new this was a mistake!
    Has everyone got there numbers

Same for me - now it says 'validating entry - try next week'. There was never a number against my name so perhaps 'validating' means numbers appearing....
  • genki
    genki Posts: 305
    The website for me says it's still validating, but I got an email yesterday with my dossard number. This year I finally get to start in the first pen :D
  • bs147
    Me too - e-mail received today, 806 - I think that makes me off with the first group too!
  • cup
    cup Posts: 4
    I too am on the long list, have a dossard number and have had the money taken. I presume this means I am in :)

However I can not see the area of the website where I can log in or where some people say they are seeing that it is validating?

I also do not appear anymore when checking my name through the 'check registration' part of the website which now seems to have reverted to a previous link to results?

Confusing!!!

Anyone else in the same boat?
  • genki
    genki Posts: 305
    You should be able to see the registrations here
    http://www.sportcommunication.info/web2 ... p?langue=2

Click on the red box on the right, find your name, enter your date of birth etc.

bs147 - 806 is in the 2nd pen I think. Last year it was 401-2500 together leaving at 7:10am. Not sure if its the same in 2011.
  • bs147
    Ah ok - I'll settle for that! It won't make any difference to the time it will take me to complete the course, just less waiting around at the start!
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    I am confused!

I am on the long list but if I look in the registration box no sign of me. I had the confirmation email when I paid (the day registration opened) but still no sign of dossard number. Anyone else got this?
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • I am on the long list but if I look in the registration box no sign of me. I had the confirmation email when I paid (the day registration opened) but still no sign of dossard number. Anyone else got this?

I am the same though I recived an e-mail from Sports Communications with by confirmation, bib #, etc

4624 is my bib #
  • narbs
    narbs Posts: 593
    Just had my email from Sport Comm - in the 6000s. Does it make much difference?

I'm also confused that there seems to be no availability for hotels in Alpe d'Huez. Now as they must have thousands of beds during the ski season I'm hoping that they just haven't released post-ski dates yet. Does anyone have any experience of this in previous years?
  • IIRC, you can get a list of private chalet owners at the Alpe from the Alpe's web site (as a PDF). Phone or email a few.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    does anyone know how it works for people on organised trips? will i just be given a number by veloventoux or will i appear as an individual?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    gsk82 wrote:
    does anyone know how it works for people on organised trips? will i just be given a number by veloventoux or will i appear as an individual?

From what I've been told Craig has a block of numbers in the 2000's (2nd wave I think)
    and they are given to the guests on his trip. You will be linked up with your actual number when you go to register on the day before the race I'd imagine.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Is the event full now?
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    If anyone of you competing lives at an address ending with postcode, TW9 1TU, pm me and I'll try
    to explain how I think your address details ended up on my entry on the Sportcommunication website.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    Is anyone who entered before Christmas still without email?

Mine still says "VALIDATING ENTRY TRY NEXT WEEK"...
    Rich
  • I entered before Christmas and got my number last week, 6298 :shock:
  • Yeah, I just my number in the mid 6000's too. I'm aiming for under 7:30 this year, but starting that far back i reckon I'll be walking down the glandon.... Ho hum.

Jon
  • Don't they turn the timing off for the Glandon descent
  • the "official" time doesnt include the glandon, but id like to compare with year before last (a smidge over 8 hours) when the whole distance was timed
  • bontie
    bontie Posts: 177
    RichA wrote:
    Is anyone who entered before Christmas still without email?

Mine still says "VALIDATING ENTRY TRY NEXT WEEK"...

Rich, Money taken form my account early December - I got an email shortly thereafter but no number or start time or anyhting, will try log onto the site tomorrow? BTW I live in Kew, where do you train?
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    :D
    Just had my dossard number, in the 6900's. Oh well not too many to pass me then!
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I'm 4666 - no email, but found details by checking on the website. A bitannoyed to be so far back, will have to give it some welly from the start to get further up the field before the big climbs as I can't be bothered having to weave my way round a load of stragglers!
  • Hey all.

I wouldn't worry too much about high dossard numbers. You'll find it thins out nicely as soon as you get onto the glandon. I had a 6000-odd number last year and had no problems rolling home in 8 hours. It's actually a really nice psychological boost to be overtaking people all the time.

Good luck with all the training!