TdF stage 19 *spoiler*

12346»

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    plectrum wrote:
    Don't forget he got beaten by a few older/non-GC guys in the Prologue..

I don't realy care that Lance did well in the prologue as he rode like an absolute loser for the tour as soon as he was out of contention. Gave 0 support to Leipheimer and generally didn't think about either his team or other riders.

Two points here 1) i reckon he was unable to help Levi much
    2) i must be missing something here but why should he concern himself with other riders ?

I may be wrong here but it was my understanding that Radioshack was 'his' team, as in he had an ownership interest in the team over and above as leader

Therefore he should have had an interest in trying to put one of 'his' riders on the podium if at all possible

You obviously did not notice the bit when he said his team or other riders the two are not the same.

Yeah

Didn't read the original comment properly and thought you meant something else
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    So, just having a look through the results

Stage to Morzine-Avoriaz, Shleck gained 10 seconds

Stage to Mende, Contador gained 10 seconds.

Exclude IKnowI'llShiftUnderFullPowerGate and there was zero difference between them in the mountains (I know Schleck got his 10 seconds on the flat on that stage, but it was a mountain top finish)

Schleck lost time in the TT's. Contador lost time on the cobbles. As a matter of fact, he lost 1:13 on the cobbles, which is exactly what he gained in the TT.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Foucault
    Foucault Posts: 104
    Anyone know what the music closing ITV4's show just then was? :)

Well they definately used some music from Ocean's Eleven (the Clooney/Pitt version) near the end. I picked this up as I watched it again very recently. I can't say if it was right at the end as was flicking between ITV4 and Eurosport. If you have a look at something like iTunes or Amazon for the soundtrack you should be able to preview the tracks and see if that is what they used.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:
    So, just having a look through the results

Stage to Morzine-Avoriaz, Shleck gained 10 seconds

Stage to Mende, Contador gained 10 seconds.

Exclude IKnowI'llShiftUnderFullPowerGate and there was zero difference between them in the mountains (I know Schleck got his 10 seconds on the flat on that stage, but it was a mountain top finish)

Schleck lost time in the TT's. Contador lost time on the cobbles. As a matter of fact, he lost 1:13 on the cobbles, which is exactly what he gained in the TT.

I thought Schleck lost most of his time on the decent post-chain slip.

You could argue he wouldn't have lost it had he crested the mountain with Contador but still.

A decent was largely the difference.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    bit of a stange refult that one. I know the wind change and affected things but surely AC and AS had the same wind. As such i'm not sure if AS had the TT of it life or AC had a bad one.

We saw in the Dauphine that AC didn't quite have his usual form and I think that is why he attacked less in the mountains and gifted a few stages. he seemed to think he was a shoe in for the ITT and it nearly backfired on him
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    sherer wrote:
    bit of a stange refult that one. I know the wind change and affected things but surely AC and AS had the same wind. As such i'm not sure if AS had the TT of it life or AC had a bad one.

We saw in the Dauphine that AC didn't quite have his usual form and I think that is why he attacked less in the mountains and gifted a few stages. he seemed to think he was a shoe in for the ITT and it nearly backfired on him

I'm not sure he thought he was a shoe in. We can assume this. But at the end of it all, perhaps AC just didn't have the form of previous years, and rode as well as he could in the mountains.

Who knows. Either way, I have never seen him look so stuffed and relieved in a race than after this ITT.

Great to see someone suffer so much to hold onto his jersey.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    According to Spanish press where he was speaking last night, AC had a stomach bug and he was not feeling well at all (didn't sleep much either!). He said he rode a bad TT, AS rode more or less like last year.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    gabriel959 wrote:
    According to Spanish press where he was speaking last night, AC had a stomach bug and he was not feeling well at all (didn't sleep much either!). He said he rode a bad TT, AS rode more or less like last year.

Mind games?
  • mea00csf
    mea00csf Posts: 558
    sherer wrote:

Seemed to me that AS absolutely went for it at the start and was fading VERY fast at the end, the splits say the same and also the major wobble AS had in the final section. Had it been just a bit longer (5km or so) i think the time gap between them would have been significantly greater.......
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    I did read that AC didn't sleep the night before and had a stomach bug. Think this is more likely the reason the TT times were close, add in the fact that AC clearly wasn't on his usual form this tour either