TdF stage 19 *spoiler*

Comments

• Mad Roadie
    Mad Roadie Posts: 710
    donrhummy wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    donrhummy wrote:
    Contador's definitely moving around on the bike more than usual.

Looks exactly the same as he always does to me.

I don't know he keeps shifting back on the saddle quite a bit and rocking a little more than I think usual.
    Always an issue finding a comfortable spot on the saddle with Haemorrhoids - let alone in a space suit on a Shiv that looks and probably feels like a razor blade :wink:
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Menchov on podium. His best TDF ever!
  • tomb8555
    tomb8555 Posts: 229
    Contador wins TDF2010.
  • donrhummy
    27 seconds for contador. Oh, well.
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    AC will win the TdF, let's hope by 33 seconds. The forums will go nuts again about 'chain-gate'.
  • Mad Roadie
    Mad Roadie Posts: 710
    major wobble there for Andy - nearly brought himself off!
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    No mate, LA fans will go bananas.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • donrhummy
    If Andy works on his form and can get lower/more aero, he can win the TDF next year for sure!
  • Dancing Bear
    Dancing Bear Posts: 185
    Mad Roadie wrote:
    major wobble there for Andy - nearly brought himself off!
    not in public surely?
  • SpaceJunk
    Sherwin is a tool.

He feels sorry for Andy as if a great injustice has been inflicted on him. Because the wind has been his enemy, because he isn't as aerodynamic as Alberto.

Umm, it's a ITT you f...wit
  • donrhummy
    I would like to know if Andy's pissed about the mechanical attack. I think he will be. But of course, if that hadn't happened, maybe Contador would have worked harder to drop him on the Tourmalet.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    AC will win the TdF, let's hope by 33 seconds. The forums will go nuts again about 'chain-gate'.

Even better - he lost by 39 seconds - exactly the amount of time he lost due to the chain.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    donrhummy wrote:
    If Andy works on his form and can get lower/more aero, he can win the TDF next year for sure!

You mean in the same way that Alberto Contador was going to walk away with this year's race?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    31 seconds. Or exactly Andy's lead, before chaingate.
    AC would just be up 8 seconds.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    RichN95 wrote:
    SpaceJunk wrote:

Even better - he lost by 39 seconds - exactly the amount of time he lost due to the chain.

bizarre
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • SpaceJunk
    edited July 2010
    RichN95 wrote:
    SpaceJunk wrote:

I meant 38 seconds. That is so funny, so according to those who feel AC shouldn't have attacked, Andy is in yellow by 1 sec heading into Paris? It comes down to 100s of seconds.
  • mididoctors
    edited July 2010
    31 seconds. Or exactly Andy's lead, before chaingate.
    AC would just be up 8 seconds.

they both took 10 secs of each other on a stage as well for mirroring/synchro factoids

the tour appears to have come down to someone stuffing their gears/mechanic foul play

choose your Bias
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Will L
    Will L Posts: 13
    Blazing Saddles - AC would be up 0 seconds - he gained 39 secs on the 'chaingate' stage.
    (Unless number of seconds AC gained today is levelled up or down).
  • tomb8555
    tomb8555 Posts: 229
    Although AS lost most of his time on the descent, after chaingate, so..

Plus it would completely change the tactics of the rest of the race so you can't really compare just like that.
  • SpaceJunk
    BTW - how did Lance go today? I watched the stage for it's whole duration, but he didn't get much tv coverage.
  • mattsy666
    mattsy666 Posts: 91
    Almost as bad as his zero seconds win over Levi in the Veulta
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    As Iain has pointed out a few times, without the peleton sitting up into Spa, it would be Tour over on the third day, so "chaingate" is redundant really.

The best man won over three weeks, even if Andy was better than we expected him to be.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    As Iain has pointed out a few times, without the peloton sitting up into Spa, it would be Tour over on the third day, so "chaingate" is redundant really.

The best man won over three weeks, even if Andy was better than we expected him to be.

Exactly.
  • holybinch
    holybinch Posts: 417
    I think AC was better, overall.
    But I can't help feeling a bit sad for Andy. He did great today I think.
    Next year, with a better team (and Frank) he should be very difficult to beat. And gee, he's young, so has plenty of time to win more!
    FCN 4(?) (Commuter - Genesis Croix de Fer)
    FCN 3 (Roadie - Viner Perfecta)

-- Please sponsor me on my London to Paris ride --
    http://www.diabeteschallenge.org.uk/cha ... n_to_paris
  • SpaceJunk
    As Iain has pointed out a few times, without the peloton sitting up into Spa, it would be Tour over on the third day, so "chaingate" is redundant really.

Actually some might argue that the best man was Menchov. He didn't get held up in the Spa fracas.

Of course it's only an 'if' statement, but if Cancellara wasn't in yellow at the time, would we have seen a different yellow jersey winner??
  • donrhummy
    5 grand tours for Contador. The only thing I'd have him change is his pistol salute.
  • mididoctors
    tomb8555 wrote:
    Although AS lost most of his time on the descent, after chaingate, so..

Plus it would completely change the tactics of the rest of the race so you can't really compare just like that.

of course but otoh

etc etc

60,000,000,000 posts later
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    BTW - how did Lance go today? I watched the stage for it's whole duration, but he didn't get much tv coverage.

67th @ 7.05
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    There were so many "what if x or y happened" moments. At the end, how it panned out is how it panned out.

I'm satisfied the best guy won. It was a worse than average Tour but they can't all be great. Imagine if this one had been the closet. *shudder*

Huge amount of crashes because people are trying to ride at doped speed with less doping? In From Lance to Landis Walsh wrote about people crashing a lot when EPO started to ramp the speeds up.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • mididoctors
    SpaceJunk wrote:

Actually some might argue that the best man was Menchov. He didn't get held up in the Spa fracas.

Of course it's only an 'if' statement, but if Cancellara wasn't in yellow at the time, would we have seen a different yellow jersey winner??

the time margins between riders is so much smaller now in the tour that race incidents have risen in importance in how they effect the result