CRC....

1235»

Comments

• Chris`I
    Chris`I Posts: 206
    To be fair to them, I had my email to say my bits had been despatched and today they arrived, so I guess its a bit pot luck at the moment, but I got my bits very quickly.
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp
    2010 Specialized Tricross Sport (commuter)
    2012 Boardman Road Team
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    I got my stuff within 24 hours of ordering (on free postage too). Never had problems with CRC.
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • griffsters
    griffsters Posts: 490
    Still waiting on mine, ordered last Monday and still processing. Cant get through on the phone, no response to emails all in all my first really frustrating experience with CRC.
  • Neily03
    Neily03 Posts: 295
    The order I placed last Tuesday came on Friday so not too bad, I now need a tyre for Thursday so I've ordered it from Stif, I don't expect it to come next day from them but knowing what CRC are like atm I think I've got nothing to lose trying someone else....
  • Had absolutely stellar service for years from CRC. I have spent loads on bike frames and stuff from them. Now for the first time this week they have cocked up. I hope they read this. I am waiting for a voucher from them as a half arsed apology as they cocked up an order for 2 lousy tees (ordered a week ago). CRC not willing to admit this, they then lied and I tripped them up. I was then offered a voucher as recompense.

Long story, I may now take my future purchases to Stif. The voucher may swing it.
  • MeddlE
    MeddlE Posts: 322
    In the past my orders have always been despatched either same or next day. Placed an order on Thursday and still says processing so looks like something has changed for the worse at CRC.
  • Maybe the recession has made them cut back on staff and stock levels.

Just a thought.
  • Tbh i'm not sure it's lack of business. I think the problem is that they are just too busy! Sale and everything they just can't keep up with orders and are so pressed to get things out of the door that service fails elsewhere.

It's hit and miss, been ordering alot recently, some of it arrives pretty much next day other bits take longer. Ordered some stuff yesterday so we will see what day of the week it arrives. Hopefully tuesday but i'm reckoning on thursday.

I do miss the bit of rock that they used to chuck in though!
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • Placed two orders on Saturday, one at Wiggle and one at CRC, Wiggle one is despatched, CRC still processing. :lol: Really need the items for Wednesday, fingers crossed. :)
  • Neily03
    Neily03 Posts: 295
    .blitz wrote:
    www.nextdaytyres.com FTW!

Could have done with that link on Saturday :( ordered from Stif now.....
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    .blitz wrote:
    www.nextdaytyres.com FTW!
    +1 for that.

Even going with the free delivery option and their notice saying there's no guarantee when you'll get it (being first class RM), tyres were dispatched same day as promised (with email) and turned up next day. Cheap prices and great service.
  • MeddlE
    MeddlE Posts: 322
    Just received my "Order despatched" mail from CRC for my order placed on Thursday.
  • wombar
    wombar Posts: 119
    I placed my first ever order with CRC on Thursday morning and paid extra for next day delivery, it didn't go out the same day. I ended up cancelling my order over the phone as I needed the bits for the weekend, and went to my LBS.

It only ended up costing me £5 more after asking them to get as close to CRC prices as possible. I was ordering shoes, so I was happy to pay the extra to try them on and have a chat with the guys in the shop.

Lesson learnt. Always give the LBS a try first.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    my brother ordered some parts last week. the tyre was infact out of stock so he had to cancel the tyre and get another one. this took a while and the stuff arrived today. but guess what was attached? a £5 crc voucher with a slip saying "just to apologise for the problem you had with your order" RESULT